Jeff Grubb on Hi-Fi Rush: "Based on what I've heard, it just didn't make the money it needed to make"

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Good to see you bro!

------------------------------------

It's what we have all been saying forever..

It's not about making games more accessible, games are accessible and even if you have a TV or phone, you still need to get a controller and at that point why not just get a console altogether?

This is taking a product that costs tens of millions to make and devaluing it down to nothing at launch. Xbox faithful have called it pro-consumer but that just cannot be true because it's not sustainable for the industry and it actually damages the industry and what customers expect.

Now you see an aversion to buying games on Xbox particularly and they also attack and criticize PlayStation for selling games at 70 dollars and 80 euro, not realizing that is the fair price for the product. I personally think 80 euro hurt game sales on its own and 70 shoulda been the cap.

However price increases coupled with gamepass, could have crippled the industry if it had become the dominant force and so many in the media were cheering it on... what type of love is that for gaming? That you would allow that to happen to your hobby and pastime...
Most of the gaming media hates games and are simply useless liberal arts grads who can’t get jobs anywhere else and get hired by friends already in the industry.

That’s why the discourse on most of the gaming sites is so anti-gamer, woke and braindead these days.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Its a forgetable shitty game so nothing is lost

Jake Gyllenhaal Reaction GIF by MOODMAN
From my understanding it's a very well-made and fun game to play, it's just unfortunate it's on xbox, that's it really.

If it was on Ps4/ps5 is would of truly shone.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Does Microsoft releases official sales figures of their games?

If so, i doubt Jeff would know if it was a success.MS barely talks about anything other than Game Pass anyways and Game Pass is the only metric that matters to them nowdays *sigh*

Anyway, expected as much. Grubb also says management at MS is very unhappy with the Xbox division.

Everyone is lmao

Last edited:
Reactions: Unchained

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Why are we denied the adamsapple damage control?

I would’ve enjoyed that…

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
I doubt ghostwire will chart on the NPD next npd charts the following month. Did deathloop chart the week it released on xbox? If not that'd be 3 bethesda games that dont even chart and i suspect redfall might be number 4. Thatd be 4 complete no show top 20's after spending 7.5 billion dollars.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I doubt ghostwire will chart on the NPD next npd charts the following month. Did deathloop chart the week it released on xbox? If not that'd be 3 bethesda games that dont even chart and i suspect redfall might be number 4. Thatd be 4 complete no show top 20's after spending 7.5 billion dollars.
Redfail of course won't chart. Game is garbage looking. Xbots won't buy neither cheapass pc dudes.

• brain
Reactions: Airbus

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Funny, i got banned on Gaf for saying “Hi Fi Rushed” and it looks like there was actually a lot of truth to that. Maybe they should have actually taken the time to market and sell the game :unsure:

Ridiculous reaction for such a benign comment. Just shpws how they protect one side from even the slightest of slights.

Reactions: Remember_Spinal