Jez Corden: "Proven sources that Microsoft has been exploring bringing some of its back catalog to other platforms"

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
There's really not much to roast here, this is the exact same stuff that I, and many others, say when it comes to PlayStation games being ported to PC. He brings up the same points that we (anti pc port ppl) do, that it's short term gain for a long term loss and that it greatly diminishes the brands value. He's absolutely right on both ends BUT, the thing with Xbox is that their brand is already diminished, they're literally non existent outside of North America, the console is selling worse than the XB1, and sells worse and worse each year, they'll be lucky to get 5m sales worldwide in 2024. At that point, from any angle you look at it, there's simply no point in there being a console anymore when you can just tap into the massive install bases of PlayStation and Nintendo and make more money.

If Xbox was still selling well, then yes putting HiFi Rush and whatever else on PlayStation and Nintendo is definitely a stupid idea. It probably won't even sell 1m combined on both platforms, that's a measly 30m (20m after fees) dollars to a company that just spent 80b on acquisitions in the last year. Those sales are bad if you're still trying to sell your own hardware....but it's great for a 3rd party publisher. Which just highlights even more how stupid Sony's PC ports are since they still want to sell hardware while actively undermining it.

The only thing he should be roasted for is not realizing that the Xbox console is a dead man walking. He's just been way too deep in the trenches to not see this coming even though the writing has been on the wall for the last 2 years.
It's the hypocrisy for me. They spent years saying Sony is evil for having exclusives only to let the mask slip and admit exclusives are important.

D

Deleted member 223

sega.gif

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Entropi
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Usually when you ear so much whispering, leaks, rumors and "insider information" all going in the same direction you can trust it.

I don't know what I would care about in their catalog, maybe some OG xbox exclusive stuff (was not theirs per say)... I guess some people would like some Halo/Gears of war retro collection.

I think the new Flight Simulator would be great, I love just flying around in these things, but I'm not sure I would pay much for that.
Midtown madness 3 project Gotham racing & azuric rise of perithia I wish I could play

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Usually when you ear so much whispering, leaks, rumors and "insider information" all going in the same direction you can trust it.

I don't know what I would care about in their catalog, maybe some OG xbox exclusive stuff (was not theirs per say)... I guess some people would like some Halo/Gears of war retro collection.

I think the new Flight Simulator would be great, I love just flying around in these things, but I'm not sure I would pay much for that.
Midtown madness 3 project Gotham racing & azuric rise of perithia I wish I could play

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
If I was them I would bury all Halo games made by 343 or maybe include them up to 5.

Infinite is a disgrace, it would not help their image, neither would Starfield.
I was one of the few people that liked 4 & 5 story so when they decided to completely shit on everyone that liked & wanted to see the continuation of the story I gave up on.the series

Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
This is going to be the biggest and longest emotional breakdown of a fanbase ever.

When these games drop on Switch, it will be bad but when they drop on PlayStation, it could reach shirt ripping hair falling out territory.
You’re seeing it now. Lol

• haha

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
I know many Sega fans switched to Xbox and became hardcore anti-PlayStation. If Xbox goes third-party, I'm going to have the time of my life watching the meltdowns 😁
They'll all become either PC Master Race or Nintendo fanboys, I'm not sure which is worse.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
I know many Sega fans switched to Xbox and became hardcore anti-PlayStation. If Xbox goes third-party, I'm going to have the time of my life watching the meltdowns 😁
i was one of those guys, never had a ps2, only pg Xbox and gcn for this generation. Then I got a ps3 and caught up, I never looked back.

• Shake
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
There's idiots that think sony killed sega hardware when they killed themselves & were battling with Nintendo long before Sony entered the conversation

• they're_right_you_know

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
There's idiots that think sony killed sega hardware when they killed themselves & were battling with Nintendo long before Sony entered the conversation

I’ll add that MS put the final nail in the coffin when they announced the OG Xbox. Sega couldn't afford to compete with MS from the bottom.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters