Jim Ryan Apperciation Thread

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
big shout out to THE MAN Jim Ryan!

40 Million Ps5's Sold

He's been absolutely killing it! The PS5 is an enormous success thanks to his vision and leadership! PlayStation Studios has never been stronger. First class studios like Bungie & Bluepoint have joined the family and fantastic games keep coming out each year!

His been with PlayStation since Day 1, I for one support him. He is getting too much hate for doing stuff benefiting his company and most people clearly are fine with the way he is handling it.

And he doesn’t wear cool gamer t-shirts &/or talk in manner that manipulates consumers into thinking he’s their cool gamer dad that would never hurt them. over being a corporate company man that is just using feel good tactics to get people to buy whatever product or service that the company that he works for is selling.

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
he gets a lot of unfair hate from Xbox fanClowns who desperately want him to be the next Don Mattrick so they can "turn the tides" on PS5

But i infinitely support him more than FatClown PotBelly Phil Spencer. He does his job and shuts up, and of course he's outselling Phil DadBod by about 3:1, so he's doing something right.

Really unfair treatment he receives.

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
he gets a lot of unfair hate from Xbox fanClowns who desperately want him to be the next Don Mattrick so they can "turn the tides" on PS5

But i infinitely support him more than FatClown PotBelly Phil Spencer. He does his job and shuts up, and of course he's outselling Phil DadBod by about 3:1, so he's doing something right.

Really unfair treatment he receives.
If he's good then let's see if he can top that PS4 numbers.

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
If he's good then let's see if he can top that PS4 numbers.
he's already doing that. PS5 is a phenomenon. Xbox will come out of this generation seeing its marketshare shrunk once again, courtesy of Jim.

Soon Xbox won't even chart at all anymore, lol. PS5 is so much more popular and in demand, it's about time Xbox and their big green brick called it quits. The world is laughing at Xbox.

Nobody wants an ugly big black brick with no exclusives that runs 99% of multiplats worse, lol. Series X is one of the worst home consoles ever made. Completely useless, pathetic, laughable, joke-tier machine.

Fenton

Veteran
22 Feb 2023
Selling 40 million with shortages is no small feat...with numerous fanboys in the media, paid shills bashing PS, MS Good, Sony Bad narrative, cheaper S for casuals. Game Pass praise everyday. Shows that your strategy is working regarding game releases, subscriptions, timed exclusives and PS5 stock allocation country-wise.

For now it is good, what happens in future remains to be seen. Sony has to be smart and careful about how they spend their money, they cannot spend billions without any care like MS.

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
funniest part is what a piece of crap the series S is. Imagine defending that welfare machine, lol. You aren't a real gamer if that's what you play on.

MS is in big trouble when the PS5 pro launches. It's basically a death sentence for Xbox hardware. 3rd party devs won't bother with S or X anymore. Both are a complete waste of time and resources.

I'm going to laugh my arse off when Xbox dies this gen. There is no way Xbox secures funding for a new machine after the S/X debacle.

What a nightmare scenario for anyone invested into this weak, feeble, antiquated shit hardware called Xbox SX, lol.

OP
OP
Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
funniest part is what a piece of crap the series S is. Imagine defending that welfare machine, lol. You aren't a real gamer if that's what you play on.

MS is in big trouble when the PS5 pro launches. It's basically a death sentence for Xbox hardware. 3rd party devs won't bother with S or X anymore. Both are a complete waste of time and resources.

I'm going to laugh my arse off when Xbox dies this gen. There is no way Xbox secures funding for a new machine after the S/X debacle.

What a nightmare scenario for anyone invested into this weak, feeble, antiquated shit hardware called Xbox SX, lol.

If Microsoft didn't have 2 trillion, Xbox would have failed a very very long time ago.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Ryan's a great businessman. What more could you want from someone in charge of making your company successful? PS5 is breaking quarterly sales records already at a higher unit price and SIE continues to see record revenues under his watch.

Most importantly, they're also making a profit on these revenues, unlike their nearest competitor.

Reactions: laynelane and Box

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
Im not gonna put any ceo on a pedestal,im not a resetera xbox user,also im not gonna hate anyone without any valid reasons

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
I hope this is a joke post, Jim is trash and has nothing to do with the success of the PS5. PS5 is selling well because it’s still riding on the coat tails of the PS4.

If you dislike Xbox then you have to dislike Jim Ryan as well since he’s literally following in their failing footsteps. Nothing but live service, PC, cloud, mobile and subscription focus. He’s actively trying to turn PlayStation into another Xbox

Reactions: Gediminas

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Fucking hell, cringe corporate dick riding. This is some Xbox zealotry level posting.

Cringe Wince GIF

Ludwig

9 Feb 2023
Let's wait for the games that were greenlit under CEO Jim Ryan and Hulst leadership and then judge them based on those games. Until then we don't need Jim Ryan appreciation thread.

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Bro i hate this jim ryan and herman hurslt duo

Theyre too busy porting ps games to pc instead of making new game

Reactions: JAHGamer

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
You would think the guy has no idea what he’s doing and thats he’s the biggest piece of shit in the world by the way the media and some fans portray him, instead of a guy thats been increasing SIE’s marketshare considerably, reinvigorated ps plus without day one games, started a new indie initiative, expanded ip global reach with ps productions, made more acquisitions than any other president at playstation, weathered a chip shortage, and now is still standing toe to toe with a war chest microsoft.