Jim Ryan Apperciation Thread

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
360 faceplates.

Does sony make Xbox’s now?

Very diverse:

Don’t leave out the expansion to japan, Korea and china for games like Lost Souls Aside, Stellar Blade, Rise of The Ronin

Don’t forget whatever Kojima is doing for Death Stranding 2, Insomniac will for for wolverine, Team Asobi’s next game, Housemarques next game that is bound to have journalist throwing their controllers, corys next game, etc.

You’re just a misery AI at this point

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Does sony make Xbox’s now?

Don’t leave out the expansion to japan, Korea and china for games like Lost Souls Aside, Stellar Blade, Rise of The Ronin

Don’t forget whatever Kojima is doing for Death Stranding 2, Insomniac will for for wolverine, Team Asobi’s next game, Housemarques next game that is bound to have journalist throwing their controllers, corys next game, etc.

You’re just a misery AI at this point
Expansion to Japan, you got to be kidding me lmao.

Korean and Chinese games aren't the reason why anyone is a PlayStatio fan.

The fact that I'm not a blind Sony apologist doesn't make me an AI, if anything you are the one that sound like one, I doubt you can even point to a single thing that Sony has done wrong. I give credit when it's due and I do not judge PlayStation unfairly at all.

Reactions: JAHGamer
16 Feb 2023
He's exactly what I want in a CEO just gets on with the job and I don't have to hear from him unless he's presenting quarterly reports or briefly when there's a showcase. Show don't tell and as the man says "let the games do the talking".

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Expansion to Japan, you got to be kidding me lmao.

Korean and Chinese games aren't the reason why anyone is a PlayStatio fan.

The fact that I'm not a blind Sony apologist doesn't make me an AI, if anything you are the one that sound like one, I doubt you can even point to a single thing that Sony has done wrong. I give credit when it's due and I do not judge PlayStation unfairly at all.

Because sony isn’t really doing much of anything wrong. They are the only platform holder that has been releasing major AAA titles for the past 2.5 years. You’re just frustrated you don’t have a cool little graphic of all the announced first party single player games in development. Even when Hermen or Jim Ryan tries to settle you down with 25+ games you still insist they are deliberately hiding things from you or all their studios are out fishing instead of working on a bunch of games right now.

I’m also not going to piss my pants about GAAS titles i haven’t even seen gameplay or trailers of. None of you have any clue what a live service game apparently is becuase Street Fighter and Diablo are live service titles making a shit load of money but i doubt anyone would whip themselves up into a frenzy if Diablo was a first party exclusive to playstation.

Yall just complain to complain at this point instead of enjoying the actual hobby. The hobby for a lot of you is being perpetually online and being miserable.

And yes, expansion to japan, they are working on multiple Xdev titles in Japan, plus an expansion of team asobi into a proper studio.

Reactions: AngryRobotBees

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Because sony isn’t really doing much of anything wrong. You’re jsut frustrated you don’t have a cool little graphic of all the announced first party single player games in development. Even when Hermen or Jim Ryan trust to settle you down with 25+ games you still insist they are deliberately hiding things from you or all their studios are out fishing instead of working on a bunch of games right now.

I’m also not going to piss my pants about GAAS titles i haven’t even seen gameplay or trailers of. None of you have any clue what a live service game apparently is becuase Street Fighter and Diablo are live service titles making a shit load of money but i doubt anyone would whip themselves up into a frenzy if Diablo was a first party exclusive to playstation.

Yall just complain to complain at this point instead of enjoying the actual hobby. The hobby for a lot of you is being perpetually online and being miserable.

And yes, expansion to japan, they are working on multiple Xdev titles in Japan, plus an expansion of team asobi into a proper studio.
You think I want a graphic? I just want a great lineup of future games to be excited about like I had for the past 15 years.

The only future "PlayStation" game I'm excited about at this moment are FFXVII Rebirth and Death Stranding DC both games that will release on PC and likely have an improved version on that platform.

They closed down Japan Studio and you consider that an expansion, you could not make it any more clear how biased you are. Look at the output of xDev in Japan in the past, last gen we already had Bloodborne at this point from them.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
You think I want a graphic? I just want a great lineup of future games to be excited about like I had for the past 15 years.

The only future "PlayStation" game I'm excited about at this moment are FFXVII Rebirth and Death Stranding DC both games that will release on PC and likely have an improved version on that platform.

So buy a pc, no one is forcing you to own a playstation. Why do you choose to be miserable when you can be free and happy on pc?

Let the rest of us lowly peons enjoy discussing the platform without constant negativity and doom.

Reactions: Systemshock2023

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
So buy a pc, no one is forcing you to own a playstation. Why do you choose to be miserable when you can be free and happy on pc?

Let the rest of us lowly peons enjoy discussing the platform without constant negativity and doom.
I already have a PC and PS5. I also had a PC last gen and at no point did PS4 lack in exiting future games.

I'm not satisfied with PC either and I don't want PlayStation to just become a subpar PC without what made it unique. To you being a fan of something means blindly liking everything that they do and adapting your expectation to whatever crumbs they manage to deliver, you sound like the other side of the coin that green rats come from.

PlayStation has plenty of qualities, that does not mean big problem don't exist and that things aren't going in a very strange and unwelcome direction.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Were there other playstation consoles you could randomly switch the colors and designs of on the fly that im not aware of?
This question isn't relevant before PS5 came out a Playstation figure head don't remember his Twitter account, said the PS5 was designed for user customization as well ... And at least last gen the PS4 had many special editions...

OP
OP
Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
They closed down Japan Studio and you consider that an expansion,

Last Gen Japan Studio Released Knack and Knack 2, they honestly deserved to be closed down. You guys didn't even buy their games yet you pretend to be sad that Sony shut them down.

Asobi Studio is already showing a lot more promise

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
I'm not satisfied with PC either and I don't want PlayStation to just become a subpar PC without what made it unique. To you being a fan of something means blindly liking everything that they do and adapting your expectation to whatever crumbs they manage to deliver, you sound like the other side of the coin that green rats come from.

When sony stops leading in cutting edge first party games i will start becoming disgruntled. So far this generation they have not lead me to believe they will stop putting out award winning cutting edge first party games and i don’t care about anything beyond that.

Maybe the parasocial relationship part of being a “fan” is what is making you miserable? Maybe you should stop seeing sony as a single entity that is out to ruin your life?

Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Last Gen Japan Studio Released Knack and Knack 2, they honestly deserved to be closed down. You guys didn't even buy their games yet you pretend to be sad that Sony shut them down.

Asobi Studio is already showing a lot more promise
That is also PlayStation fault, Asobi team doing well does not mean it was an expansion. Sony still has only 2 studios in japan and like 20 or so elsewhere, That is terrible.

There is also less exclusive third-party Japanese games coming from Japan than ever before, that can't just be ignored.

When sony stops leading in cutting edge first party games i will start becoming disgruntled. So far this generation they have not lead me to believe they will stop putting out award winning cutting edge first party games and i don’t care about anything beyond that.

Maybe the parasocial relationship part of being a “fan” is what is making you miserable? Maybe you should stop seeing sony as a single entity that is out to ruin your life?
Stop projecting, criticizing Sony is just as ok as you praising them nonstop. I don't have to agree with you and I can back up all points I make with facts.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Stop projecting, criticizing Sony is just as ok as you praising them nonstop. I don't have to agree with you and I can back up all points I make with facts.

I don’t praise them non-stop, in fact I’ve criticized them as well.

I’d say my comments toward sony as a company whether its praise or criticism still pale in comparison to your incessant whining on here

OP
OP
Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
There is also less exclusive third-party Japanese games coming from Japan than ever before, that can't just be ignored.

So Sony should continue supporting Studios who don't make big sellers? Knack was never going to pull Uncharted Numbers. Sony is a buisness they don't have 2 trillion to burn like Microsoft.

Western Games simply sell a lot more, look at the sales of Uncharted,GOW and Spiderman compared to anything Japan Studio released.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
So Sony should continue supporting Studios who don't make big sellers?
Yes? That's what they did in the past and we got some all time great games out of it. It's not like ICO, Shadow of the Colossus, Demon's Souls, Bloodborne were selling 10m+.

To make it even worse, gone are the days where Sony would get games like Persona and Yakuza as exclusives for free to differentiate their console and give it even more identity.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
That is also PlayStation fault, Asobi team doing well does not mean it was an expansion. Sony still has only 2 studios in japan and like 20 or so elsewhere, That is terrible.

Just look at me ignore it, if you did not bring it up I would not even know too much about it. Even if it made me kind of sad to see them close Japan Studio.

The Japanese gaming industry is going in a different direction, they just don't have the same output that they had before on consoles and computers. So this is normal that Sony gets less games done from there.
You are way too defensive with your idea that sony is over, I don't see that these things you call huge mistakes as horrible. So far there is no reasonable reason to think they will somehow stop doing their 1st party games any time soon.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Just look at me ignore it, if you did not bring it up I would not even know too much about it. Even if it made me kind of sad to see them close Japan Studio.

The Japanese gaming industry is going in a different direction, they just don't have the same output that they had before on consoles and computers. So this is normal that Sony gets less games done from there.

You are way too defensive with your idea that sony is over, I don't see that these things you call huge mistakes as horrible. So far there is no reasonable reason to think they will somehow stop doing their 1st party games any time soon.
The PlayStation I like seems to be going away, the PlayStation that is focused on PC/GaaS/etc is probably going to stick around. It's not like they are not making it clear, I can't fault them on that one, I just won't pretend I'm not seeing it and go along with those that are trying to deny it here. Even in this forum it's pretty obvious to see how the morale is low for people that liked PlayStation.

Sony is free to do what they wasn't with PlayStation and I'm free to not like the direction they are going with it. Now would be the time to double down on what got them here, after having a console that sold 120m+ and a console that will sell even more on the market.

I'm not a PlayStation equivalent of a green rat, I won't become a Jim Ryan fanboy and adapt my standard to what he is able to deliver.

Last edited:

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
I'm not a PlayStation equivalent of a green rat, I won't become a Jim Ryan fanboy and adapt my standard to what he is able to deliver.
I have yet to see one, there is no cult of personality around J.R. (none that I am aware of).

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
The PlayStation I like seems to be going away, the PlayStation that is focused on PC/GaaS/etc is probably going to stick around. It's not like they are not making it clear, I can't fault them on that one, I just won't pretend I'm not seeing it and go along with those that are trying to deny it here. Even in this forum it's pretty obvious to see how the morale is low for people that liked PlayStation.
Again, I don't know where you got that idea... things always change, there is definitely a broader focus.

Anyway, think what you will, I just find your take to be overly dramatic.

OP
OP
Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Again, I don't know where you got that idea... things always change, there is definitely a broader focus.

Anyway, think what you will, I just find your take to be overly dramatic.

Hardcore gamers matter less, thats just the truth. People that consider themselves enthusiast spend less and complain more.

And for all the complaining, sales show that no one cares what people on forums think because games that sell the most are least talked about in ‘enthusiast’ circles.

These guys had a panic attack after the showcase, acting like it was a big failure and the end of Sony.

Meanwhile the Spiderman trailer got 20 million views, and the comments were mostly positive.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
These guys had a panic attack after the showcase, acting like it was a big failure and the end of Sony.

Meanwhile the Spiderman trailer got 20 million views, and the comments were mostly positive.
Spiderman would have gotten a huge amount of views and positive feedback with or without the showcase. Why do you think using Sony's most anticipated Game to override complaints of lackluster showcase? A valid argument?