Jim Ryan Apperciation Thread

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
While uncharted movie wasn't anything amazing, it was far from a flop.

It did over $400 million in the box office on a $100 million budget, they also didn't seem to have spent much on marketing. Obviously the tom holland factor played a big role in getting people to watch it, but still decent.

Sony pictures chairmen called it a new franchise for them aswell, so probably wanting a sequel.
I would much rather if Sony had used those $100m making games.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
A proper Uncharted movie starring Tom Cruise would’ve made over a billion dollars easily.

I pray we don’t get a sequel
No it wouldn't... And Tom Cruise already made the Mission Impossible movies Uncharted lite after MI3... They even said the games inspired the movie.

If Playstation Productions / Asad was involved with the movie from the start I'm sure it would have been way better

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
I can't wait for the Switch 2 to release and it will expose how truly awful Ryan/Hulst are. It's coming out next year and if it's as powerful as the PS4, then it's officially game over for Sony. Nintendo already has world wide dominance with both the hardcore gamers and the casuals, as well as a monopoly in Japan. Sony is quickly losing their hardcore fans as they continue to waste resources on live service games, PC ports, mobile studio acquisitions, and cloud, and many of those hardcore fans are moving over to Nintendo. For many long time PlayStation fans, shutting down Japan Studio and acquiring Nixxes was the final straw; and I don't blame them.

The only weakness Nintendo has is their hardware and poor 3rd party AAA support, but imagine a Nintendo console that can play all of the multiplat games as well as the PS4 could, while also being portable.... Sony can't even hope to compete with that. Real PlayStation fans like myself and many others will be taking our talents and money to a company that actually cares about the true console experience!

• haha
Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
I can't wait for the Switch 2 to release and it will expose how truly awful Ryan/Hulst are. It's coming out next year and if it's as powerful as the PS4, then it's officially game over for Sony. Nintendo already has world wide dominance with both the hardcore gamers and the casuals, as well as a monopoly in Japan. Sony is quickly losing their hardcore fans as they continue to waste resources on live service games, PC ports, mobile studio acquisitions, and cloud, and many of those hardcore fans are moving over to Nintendo. For many long time PlayStation fans, shutting down Japan Studio and acquiring Nixxes was the final straw; and I don't blame them.

The only weakness Nintendo has is their hardware and poor 3rd party AAA support, but imagine a Nintendo console that can play all of the multiplat games as well as the PS4 could, while also being portable.... Sony can't even hope to compete with that. Real PlayStation fans like myself and many others will be taking our talents and money to a company that actually cares about the true console experience!

This post made my head spin 🤣. Nintendo cannot kill Playstation otherwise they wouldn't be teaming up with Xbox the last 6 years in an attempt to weaken them.

The switch base is bloated by the way with a shit ton of double and triple dipping , also they have a younger audience than Playstation.... 3rd parties will favor playstation because that's simply where the sales will come from. Nobody wanna be playing GTA 6 or COD in 960p 😂

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
This post made my head spin 🤣. Nintendo cannot kill Playstation otherwise they wouldn't be teaming up with Xbox the last 6 years in an attempt to weaken them.

The switch base is bloated by the way with a shit ton of double and triple dipping , also they have a younger audience than Playstation.... 3rd parties will favor playstation because that's simply where the sales will come from. Nobody wanna be playing GTA 6 or COD in 960p 😂
What did I say that was wrong ? Normally I would agree with you that Nintendo can't kill PlayStation, but sadly these days that's not true anymore. It's easy to kill PlayStation when PlayStation is slowly killing themselves.... When did Nintendo team up with Xbox ? For Goldeneye? That's not really teaming up....it was originally their exclusive, so it made sense and they still got the definitive version of the remaster in the end. Only thing I can think of is the ABK deal, but that was about it....and I can't fault Nintendo for doing that when Sony is their only real competitor.

Us on forums are the enthusiast minority but most people don't care about resolution or FPS, especially for a hybrid/portable device. Many 3rd parties love Nintendo which is why they work extra hard to port their games to such a weak device, because they know it's very much worth the effort. Some even go as far as having a cloud version just to be on the platform. Which is why you hear devs complain about Series S but never the Switch, because Switch is actually worth the trouble. If GTA 6 does release on the Switch 2, there's no doubt it'll sell extremely well on Switch 2. They might have the youngest audience but they also cater to older people...which is why it's the only console manufacturer that doesn't partake in extreme censorship.

Reactions: Box

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
From what I have seen the switch audience is:
1 - Millenials that may have a regular one + the portable one for some reason
2 - Kids that got it from their parents instead of a tablet... they don't like it