Jim Ryan confirms that PC is a direct competitor to Playstation in FTC documents.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
SteamDeck, to simplify things, has two parts: a fully functional Linux and Steam software.

Valve can't do anything to stop you from running other software from the Linux desktop.

Right now, with the help of third-party compatibility tools, games from GOG.com and numerous emulators work well on SD1, and Valve is not legally involved in this, but it will benefit from it.
They could try to lock people to one store if they wanted to but they don't need to do it, they have full confidence that people will rather buy their games on Steam anyway.

• brain
Reactions: flaccidsnake

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
PS this year in 2024 will port HFW, GOT, TLOU2, Until Dawn, Gravity Rush maybe Demon Souls maybe GT7 maybe GOW ragnarok that’s like 5+ games ported & PS is releasing 0 major titles on PS in 2024 it’s just crazy optics that makes consumers think ehh I really don’t need to buy a PS console or make them question why they’ve even bought a PS

This is what ive been saying lately

These fecker👊👊👊👊👊👊 too busy porting games to PC instead of providing more games for playstation owners👊👊👊👊

Looks like Helldivers 2 is a MAJOR title this year. Yes, and it is a 1st party game

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
PS this year in 2024 will port HFW, GOT, TLOU2, Until Dawn, Gravity Rush maybe Demon Souls maybe GT7 maybe GOW ragnarok that’s like 5+ games ported & PS is releasing 0 major titles on PS in 2024 it’s just crazy optics that makes consumers think ehh I really don’t need to buy a PS console or make them question why they’ve even bought a PS
The known Sony PC releases for this year are Helldivers 2, HFW, GoT, Destiny 2 The Final Shape, Concord, Until Dawn (if released in PC this year) and TLOU2R (if released in PC this year). I don't see releasing them more beyond that. In fact Until Dawn or TLOU2R could be left for next year.

In PS they'll have released this year minimum TLOU2R, Helldivers 2, Rise of the Ronin, Stellar Blade, MLB, Destiny 2 The Final Shape, Convallaria, Lost Soul Aside, Until Dawn, Concord. And we're in March, they could still announce more stuff like Team Asobi's next game or Cory's new IP for this year.

Minimum Helldivers 2, Destiny 2 The Final Shape, Concord will be major releases and MLB will perform great as always. And if they release Cory's new IP, it will too. I think Ronin, Blade and Until Dawn won't be huge sellers but will perform well for their niches.

Like every year, in 2024 Sony will publish more titles in PS than in PC. So after 2024 the number of PS exclusive games will be bigger than in 2023, not smaller.