Jim Ryan's 30 years at PlayStation has officially ended. Says PS5 "on track" to be Sony’s most successful & PS2 sold 160 million (PS official podcast)

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
The Nightmare of Nintendo Fanboys
1623422583-ahiaffaire.png

1711746269-gj3moqdwkaa-v98.jpeg

1711747672-full.jpeg

Last edited:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I feel like PS2 being at 160m is probably fake. They see the Switch inching closer and are trying to keep the title of "most sold console of all time"
Nah if you sum what they sold after the 155m announce using trackers (NPD, Famitsu, GDK, etc) you reach over 158m.
Plus Sony combined PS2 + PS3 numbers in 2012-2013 that is why we don’t have more shipment data after 155m.

It was know since ever it was closer to 160m than 155m.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023

Nah if you sum what they sold after the 155m announce using trackers (NPD, Famitsu, GDK, etc) you reach over 158m.
Plus Sony combined PS2 + PS3 numbers in 2012-2013 that is why we don’t have more shipment data after 155m.

It was know since ever it was closer to 160m than 155m.
It may be accurate, but it's a funny coincidence still. They could've announced it years ago lmao

• Informative
Reactions: ethomaz

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
Legend of PlayStation there since the beginning

Was the last stalwart of the original PlayStation team who knew how to make a successful gaming system. I deeply fear Sony will infest PS with their bankers and accountants who don't get the first thing about gaming now

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I'll admit, I do love seeing annoying nintendo fanboys like PlayerEssence cry about this😂😂 this guy is fuming

Smh what a loser lol As if it wasn't close to 160 million awhile back in last recorded numbers. Ppl are crazy. Shit it's probably 160,001,578 and he just rounded off 😂

Reactions: JAHGamer

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
He was mediocre at best. It's not clear to me what exactly were his calls but since he took over I have been displeased with many PlayStation decisions and I think the platform is worse for it.

If PlayStation keeps going into this direction it will soon be just another Xbox.

Kenichiro Yoshida and Hiroki Totoki are probably the real culprits and Jim Ryan was just the company man that marched to their beat. I wouldn't be surprised if the next guy turns out to be far worse than Jimbo (who at least had a long history at PlayStation).

The Valve strategy of doing nothing while your competitors shoot themselves in the foot
He did plenty, in a lot of ways PlayStation started to follow Xbox playbook under him:
- PC releases
- PlayStation games releasing even on Xbox
- Huge acquisitions that right now seem pretty bad (Bungie)
- Massive droughts of internal releases
- Focus on service (bet at least he didn't fall for day on releases on PS+)
- Pivot to GaaS

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Neversummer

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
It may be accurate, but it's a funny coincidence still. They could've announced it years ago lmao
It's like the PSP, it's at 76.4 million on Sony's website, yet we know from Shawn Layden that it finished at 82.5 million.

The PS4 is the same, it says 117 million on Sony's website, but that's not the final figure as it's still being sold. Maybe Sony will give us the final figure in a few years, like they did for the PS3.

In any case, the Nintendo fanboys and xbots who doubt Jim Ryan's statement will always make me laugh :ROFLMAO:

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: ethomaz