Known leaker @HipHopGamer claims that Nintendo will start putting their 1st party games on PC

OP
OP
JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
I'm not pro or anti physical. Physical and digital both kinda suck in different ways. But you can't act like a SNES cartridge represents The Console Experience in 2024. If I insert a God of War Ragnarok disc into my PS5 for first time, it's going to do about 40 minutes of installation from the disc and another hour of downloading updates. It's more like the PC experience of 1998 than anything.
We can always count on you to lie, copying the disc to the console takes 10 minutes max. And then the game is 100% playable, without any internet connection 🤡 Do you do anything but lie?

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
You mean the V 1.0 of the game is playable. Your physical day 1 copy of Cyberpunk 2077 might as well be a glorified frisbee without an internet collection.

You can resell it. That's significant perk, but physical versions of games are not complete like most in the 90s or early 00s

OP
OP
JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
You mean the V 1.0 of the game is playable. Your physical day 1 copy of Cyberpunk 2077 might as well be a glorified frisbee without an internet collection.

You can resell it. That's significant perk, but physical versions of games are not complete like most in the 90s or early 00s
the 2 pcmr people teaming up to downplay physical...of course. And game's like CP2077 are rare occurrence, the vast majority of games are fully playable from the disc/cartridge without any issue. Do your research

image.png

Reactions: Sloane_Ranger

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022

I think pc players just aren't used to their games working right from day 1. That's what happens when you play primarily on a platform that doesn't like paying $70 for games.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
If nintendo does that, they are as foolish and naive as Sony.
you can see what happened to xbox.

Pc gamers don't buy full priced games as much on release. They look for deals, wait for deals and pirate.
There is occassional game that hits just right like Elden Ring but I wouldn't say it's a norm.

Sony is putting their exclusives on pc, sells a little bit and then what? Imo, the more titles stay exclusive on console, the more pull it will have in the future.
Like my buddy who is a pc gamer but got ps5 for gt7 (he likes racing games)... He waited and waited but just not got a ps5 and he is very happy.
He already got few more games, ff16, ragnarok, bloodborne, got... stuff he would get cheap ass on pc if it was there.
Or more likely - if there was no other stuff, he wouldn't get a ps5 just for gt7

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
the 2 pcmr people teaming up to downplay physical...of course. And game's like CP2077 are rare occurrence, the vast majority of games are fully playable from the disc/cartridge without any issue. Do your research

image.png
to be clear i'm not downplaying physical. sony, microsoft, and every retail business is.

also i totally reject this "Master Race" bullshit, which seems beloved by imbeciles who need to believe PC is some unaffordable niche for children of wealthy parents.

Reactions: Systemshock2023

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
to be clear i'm not downplaying physical. sony, microsoft, and every retail business is.
The funny thing is that digital on console is not nearly the same thing as digital on pc. On PC there are plenty of ways to punish publishers that try to get greedy and take away your digital purchases. You shouldn't be cheering on the takeover of digital media for closed platforms.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
The funny thing is that digital on console is not nearly the same thing as digital on pc. On PC there are plenty of ways to punish publishers that try to get greedy and take away your digital purchases. You shouldn't be cheering on the takeover of digital media for closed platforms.
yeah digital on console is way worse. i'm not celebrating this.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
I hope publishers continue to get punished with poor sales for not going physical like Alan Wake 2 did
I can't imagine a significant reversal on the digital trend. What would it take for Gamestop to expand retail locations, for Target to triple their game selection, for local indie stores to make a resurgence? Sony and MS have done a lot already to make physical games unattractive vs digital delivery. MS leaks show their planned console revisions would be digital only. It's not a question of "punishing" publishers. Do you want to game or not? If yes, then digital. I'm not the one making this choice or rooting for it. It's just what's happening.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
PC gaming got back from the mid 00s dark ages thanks to digital downloads. Physical media stopped being a thing 15 years ago on the platform.

I have a collection of more than 700 records built since I was a teenager. But you can't beat the convenience of Spotify.

At most, physical games should become a niche, premium market like vinyl records. Lots of physical games are no more than the disc and a couple sheets of paper. That's why digital took over. Add more value to physical games and gamers will prefer them again.
Nah, just sitting on the couch to pick your game from a UI is more satisfying than having to fiddle with the discs.
Steam exists in the first place as a solution for delivering Counter Strike updates.

In 1998 you got multiple CDs with a serial key. You installed the disc, and then you had to go get the updates from the publisher's website.
That was optional and most games did not expect you to do this.

I mean, sure people who played Diablo had to deal with this a lot if they wanted to keep playing online, but I mostly ignored this option back in the days.
Oh the joy of sharing a single disc at a lan party and having everyone use a single serial number so you could all play lol
Nah, we were pirates! Using disc images shared over the network was much better...

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
Uh huh. Seem like this has some smoke.

Another forum I am on, basically there is a guy(allegedly) related to Nintendo, basically he said that Nintendo maybe put some of IPs on PC as well as next hardware won't feature physical media slot(wtf?)

The dude called the OLED model, the non-attachable model and the online expansion longs before annoucement so maybe there is some truth?

He lived under their execs bed maybe.