Lego Horizon Adventures Announced | Summer Game Fest | PS5/Switch/Steam/EGS

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Yes, he got promoted to co-CEO because did a great job:
  • Highly grew the 1st party manpower expanding their teams, creating new ones and acquiring others with top tier pedigree
  • Broke sales records with first party games released in 2020, 2022, 2023, 2024
  • Got successful expanding to GaaS with MLB, GT, Destiny, Helldivers
  • First party games released this period earned a lot of awards and nominations
  • Kept improving the off console revenue with a huge growth to the point is generating around $700M and growing super fast and becoming one of the top PC publishers
  • The adaptations of PS Studios IPs to cinema or tv shows got very successful
Regarding potential future Lego adaptations, I think Lego Spider-Man and Lego X-Men would be super successful, but I'd say that before them Sony has to deliver the other Marvel stuff they already have signed for the current batch (Venom, Spider-Man 3, Wolverine, X-Men) and a few Lego adaptations out of the many ones they can make of their other top Sony IPs, as could be Lego Gran Turismo, Lego Uncharted, Lego God of War, Lego Ghost of Tsushima, Lego Destiny, Lego Helldivers, Lego The Last of Us.

Regarding Switch, I'd keep it only for MLB and Lego. I wouldn't put there Ratchet and Astro. But I understand that since platfmers don't have great sales in PS they may want to port them there because in Switch 3D action platformers work better.

But I never would port any SP blockbuster game like Spider-Man to Switch.

Most of those franchises don't really make much sense for Lego: God of War, Ghost of Tsushima, Destiny, Helldivers, Last of Us, and probably Gran Turismo.

Not porting Spider-Man to switch is a major missed opportunity. One that could transform Insomniac as a studio. That's what I think a lot of people don't realize is that as successful as PlayStation Studios has been, it's been held back by exclusivity in a lot of ways.

When you look at Rockstar and CDPR they grew so significantly because of their multiplatform strategy, which allowed them to create even larger games.

If Spider-Man went from selling 25 million units to selling 35-40 million units, that's a significant difference for Insomniac and what they could do with Spider-Man 3. Keep in mind only about 20 million of that is actually on PlayStation, the rest of that 25 million was on PC. Then you have Miles Morales which you can port too. Absolutely transformative for Insomniac.

When you look at Insomniac's Marvel games and the cost of these licenses, availability on different platforms is paramount.

If Hogwarts Legacy was a PS5 exclusive, it would have sold half the units it sold. Helldivers 2 would have sold less than half. Same with Elden Ring.

I'm not saying Sony should put all their titles on Switch or day and date in most cases, but there are specific titles that they should put on there.

Just as they're sitting on some money with Gran Turismo, Bloodborne, and Demon's Souls on PC.

• brain
Reactions: The Icon

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Not porting Spider-Man to switch is a major missed opportunity. One that could transform Insomniac as a studio. That's what I think a lot of people don't realize is that as successful as PlayStation Studios has been, it's been held back by exclusivity in a lot of ways.
This has got to be most retarded take ever, its like saying if zelda got ported to playstation it would sell 50 million copies. Kill the hardware for a few hundred million more in games sales LMAO. Imagine cheering for a platform demise just so your favourite soy latte sipping commiefornia devs get a few million more copies sold

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
This has got to be most retarded take ever
That's not even top 50 for him, he has a new retarded take every single day. Suffers from severe dunning kruger and can't think more than 10 minutes ahead. I wish he just kept that nonsense on gaf instead of polluting this place.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Danja1187 and Umar

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Not true. Seems you have no idea about its catalog, I suggest you to get it or at least to go to its website to see the games it has.
Removes 35 games in May. Adds back 13 games as a replacement lol. One being a DLC add on for a free to play game 🤣

Again let's see what they add in June I'm sure it will be disappointing since they no longer care about PS gamers

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
This has got to be most retarded take ever, its like saying if zelda got ported to playstation it would sell 50 million copies. Kill the hardware for a few hundred million more in games sales LMAO. Imagine cheering for a platform demise just so your favourite soy latte sipping commiefornia devs get a few million more copies sold
I'm just gonna assume this guy is an astroturfer at this point.

24 Jun 2022
Herman has done some really special things.

• He has to get some credit for Helldivers 2
  • His relationship with Kojima
  • Bringing in Lego
  • The success Sony has seen as a PC publisher
  • Even what they're doing with Astrobot and Tomba

AFAIK they aren't doing anything special with Tomba. They don't own the IP; Whoopee Camp does. LRG are publishing the game (at least the physical version) and like a lot of 3P games, SIE have mentioned it in some press stuff.

But again, far as I know they aren't going out of their way for the game in any special way. It won't even be on PS4 at launch, that'll come later. Now if SIE announced they were co-funding or co-developing a Tomba 3 with one of their teams and Whoopee Camp, then we'd be talking. I doubt they'll ever do that though.

Reactions: arvfab

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Sony did top supporting it in your fantasy imaginary world. They keep releasing and announcing games for it. There are over 280 games so far.

These "games" are they in the room with us now?

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
There is no reason to insult a person in a disagreement

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
these are made by third parties u moron and most of them are ports of Meta Quest games
Of course, like in any gaming platform most of the games are 3rd party and multiplatform. Btw, on its first year they released several first party game too.

To rely on first party would mean that the platform has low 3rd party support, a sign that 3rd parties don't support it because isn't a good business for them.

Most VR devs are on board, either because Sony paid/supported them to do so or because as the main non-standalone VR platform it's a good market for them.

Btw, stop insulting.

• brain
Reactions: The Icon

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Everyone should go listen to this great segment from the WUPS podcast at the 1:30:18 mark. Especially the ones coping and making a million different excuses @ethomaz @Danja1187 @Plextorage @Muddasar

Listen closely

We are relaying in dumb YouTubers now? I thought Twitter's dumbers were not enough :D

The video didn't change anything about I pointed in this thread.

A guy crying because a Lego game is multiplatform? The fact the game is not coming to Xbox already tells Sony have to work a lot for the deal.
What happened with non-PS fans?

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
We are relaying in dumb YouTubers now? I thought Twitter's dumbers were not enough :D

The video didn't change anything about I pointed in this thread.

A guy crying because a Lego game is multiplatform? The fact the game is not coming to Xbox already tells Sony have to work a lot for the deal.
What happened with non-PS fans?
still coping, sad

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
still coping, sad
I have no ideia what you are trying to even say 🤷‍♂️
Coping with what?

I said when the game was posted here that I was shocked that it was only for PS5 and PC.
After it was confirmed to coming Switch that makes all sense.

Lego is a 3rd-party multiplatform game.
Sony already forcing Lego to not release the game on Xbox was already the max they could do imo... Sony was probably happy with the deal points after removing Xbox... Lego probably planned to release in all platforms.

Yeap... Sony fought for you guys that now keep blaming them lol.
That is what coping means.

Wake up.

• haha
Reactions: JAHGamer

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Everyone should go listen to this great segment from the WUPS podcast at the 1:30:18 mark. Especially the ones coping and making a million different excuses @ethomaz @Danja1187 @Plextorage @Muddasar

Listen closely

I'm not gonna waste my time listening to an almost 3 hour podcast and I don't see why you're tagging me about a time stamp in regards to Lego Horizon? A game I'm not even gonna be supporting.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Muddasar