Lego Horizon Adventures Announced | Summer Game Fest | PS5/Switch/Steam/EGS

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
I was surprised that a 3rd-party game was only being released in PC and PS5.
It made no sense at all.

A Lego game releases in all platforms (including iOS / Android late) and the rumors said it was exclusive to PC and PS5... anybody with Tico and Teco could realize something was off.
After the announced everything become clear and with Switch version being announced it made all sense.
And showed the power of Sony pressure over Lego to force them to sign the deal without Xbox version.

You know in a deal you can't have only advantages... you have to give up something in both sides.
Sony got what they wanted... Xbox excluded.

PS. Let's not be that obtuse trying to say I'm not a PS fan... these made up shit doesn't help you validade these weird arguments... just because I'm a PS fan I don't have to enter is your delusions about Lego being 1st-party lol
😂😂 you are crazy, I guess you'll never change

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
my bad, i got you confused with @voke 😂😂 ignore that
Idk why you grouped me in there. I might be a fan of Playstation games but I've been platform agnostic for 10 years. In reality, I'm very much content with what Sony/Nintendo have been providing for me. I'm not going to doom about a few Sony games going to PC or other consoles, quite simply because it matters little to me. Just because I don't agree with the sentiment that PS is losing it's way doesn't make me a shill, sorry that I don't get off to the death of gaming platforms as much as you. Would you be happier if I doomed over the LEGO game I have 0 interest in buying? Nah bro, I'd rather focus on what appeals to me.

Sony and PS could die tomorrow, won't care, will still find a way to enjoy video gaming with or without them, so why fixate on the health of a (clearly healthy) corporation? Am I supposed to whistleblow the end times, despite putting about 350 hours on SIE published content this year alone? Should I come in this forum and throw tantrums at Nintendo because I haven't had anything worth playing on their platform since last October? I find no reason to doom, we are built differently.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
What I said was just common sense.

I have no ideia why you believed Sony could strike a exclusive deal with Lego... it made no sense and should be a waste of PlayStaiton's money.
Oh yes, Lego is the most powerful company in the world 🤦‍♂️ we both know that if Sony wanted it to be exclusive then it would be exclusive.

Idk why you grouped me in there. I might be a fan of Playstation games but I've been platform agnostic for 10 years. In reality, I'm very much content with what Sony/Nintendo have been providing for me. I'm not going to doom about a few Sony games going to PC or other consoles, quite simply because it matters little to me. Just because I don't agree with the sentiment that PS is losing it's way doesn't make me a shill, sorry that I don't get off to the death of gaming platforms as much as you. Would you be happier if I doomed over the LEGO game I have 0 interest in buying? Nah bro, I'd rather focus on what appeals to me.

Sony and PS could die tomorrow, won't care, will still find a way to enjoy video gaming with or without them, so why fixate on the health of a (clearly healthy) corporation? Am I supposed to whistleblow the end times, despite putting about 350 hours on SIE published content this year alone? Should I come in this forum and throw tantrums at Nintendo because I haven't had anything worth playing on their platform since last October? I find no reason to doom, we are built differently.
Stop the cap, if you didn't care as much as you say you don't care, then you wouldn't be harassing people for their opinions and constantly defending lies. What kind of person says I don't care about X but then regularly defends X and attacks people who rightly criticized X? If you don't care then keep it moving and stop the damage control. And it's easy to say you don't care about Sony dying now, but when they're gone you'll be the first one crying.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Oh yes, Lego is the most powerful company in the world 🤦‍♂️ we both know that if Sony wanted it to be exclusive then it would be exclusive.
It doesn't matter how powerful a company is... Lego Interactive own Lego.
If Lego Interactive wants to license a franchise to their games they need to make a deal with the owner IP.
If the owner IP wants a Lego game from their IP they need to make a deal with Lego Interactive.

If both wants that to happen they need to make a deal.

When I talk about deal is a contract between them with compromisses and limitations from both sides.

In the Lego Horizon case ended that Lego Interactive will make the game via their most reliable partner (TT Games that choose a B Team), Guerrilha will be consulting in terms of story and characterization.... and in the deal Sony asked for Xbox being excluded and Lego accepted (of course maybe it had a lot of talks to reach that point but what matter is the end results).

Did you not believe that maybe Sony wanted Switch to be excluded too? But Lego saw Switch being a big lose to their sales making the deal not happen?
Did you never thought maybe your "theories" about the subject could not even be a thing at all? Because common sense says Lego is multiplatform... anything outside that should be SHOCKING and a big spend of PlayStation's money.

Why are you so heavy focused in believe that a 3rd-party multiplatform franchise releasing on multiple platform is something relevant to trash Sony?

Last edited:
  • fire
Reactions: Muddasar

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Sony market cap - around $105B
LEGO valuation - around $13B as of 2023

Let's not even talk about that LEGO has a revenue of less than $10B a year, whereas SIE has a revenue of over $30B.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023

Stop the cap, if you didn't care as much as you say you don't care, then you wouldn't be harassing people for their opinions and constantly defending lies. What kind of person says I don't care about X but then regularly defends X and attacks people who rightly criticized X? If you don't care then keep it moving and stop the damage control. And it's easy to say you don't care about Sony dying now, but when they're gone you'll be the first one crying.
Nothing I am saying is cap lil nigga :ROFLMAO:. You are a doomer, I am not. You like being a pessimist, I prefer being an optimist. I come to these spaces to get the scoop on future games, not to defend some company + you look goofy trying to tell me where my emotion lie. None of this is deep to me, no matter how you interpret my posts.

I don’t get no pussy for being armchair “I told you so” analyst for gaming, so please inform me why you believe I actually give af 🤣

Reactions: Vertigo and ethomaz

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Did you not believe that maybe Sony wanted Switch to be excluded too? But Lego saw Switch being a big lose to their sales?
No I don't believe it, it was their conscious decision to put it on Switch. Lego would've been ok making it a full PS exclusive but Sony pushed for PC/Nintendo day 1.

Nothing I am saying is cap lil nigga :ROFLMAO:. You are a doomer, I am not. You like being a pessimist, I prefer being an optimist. I come to these spaces to get the scoop on future games, not to defend some company + you look goofy trying to tell e where my emotion lie. None of this is deep to me, no matter how you interpret my posts.
I already exposed the cap and I'm not a doomer nor a pessimist. I'm actually very positive, I just hate seeing lies and delusion being spread by you people. So don't be mad at me for checking you

• haha
Reactions: voke and ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
No I don't believe it, it was their conscious decision to put it on Switch. Lego would've been ok making it a full PS exclusive but Sony pushed for PC/Nintendo day 1.
Lego should be ok if Sony paid for the lose sales...

Business common sense.

I already exposed the cap and I'm not a doomer nor a pessimist. I'm actually very positive, I just hate seeing lies and delusion being spread by you people. So don't be mad at me for checking you
You are making up lies and delusions to counter common sense.

A nice way to make people "understand" your points lol

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022

Business common sense.

I think it was a conscious decision from LEGO and Sony.

Sony will obviously pay royalties to LEGO.

With Spiderman, Sony were confident of making profits on game sales and console sales despite the high royalty fees and exclusivity.

I don’t think that was the case with LEGO Horizons.

Hence why it is on Switch.

Still puzzling as to why Sony even bothers. Make your own IPs. They are more than capable.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I think it was a conscious decision from LEGO and Sony.

Sony will obviously pay royalties to LEGO.

With Spiderman, Sony were confident of making profits on game sales and console sales despite the high royalty fees and exclusivity.

I don’t think that was the case with LEGO Horizons.

Hence why it is on Switch.

Still puzzling as to why Sony even bothers. Make your own IPs. They are more than capable.
Not just that...

This is the very first LEGO game to not come to Xbox platform.... there are like dozen (I men like 30 games or more) of Lego games since franchise was created and it never before missed Xbox release.

Sony really demanded the Xbox being out of the bubble to sign the deal.
People act like Sony did nothing but they really put their weight into it.

• brain

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Not just that...

This is the very first LEGO game to not come to Xbox platform.... there are like dozen of Lego games since franchise was created and it never before it missed Xbox release.

Sony really demanded the Xbox being out of the bubble to sign the deal.

I believe Sony have said no more support for PS4 but this game should have been ported to it.

If it runs on Switch it would have run better on PS4.

Maybe Sony believe people will buy a PS5 for LEGO Horizons so no PS4 version.

I highly doubt it.

Reactions: ethomaz

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
All of this over a Lego game 🤣. The game ain't aimed at us. I don't support it, but I think we should dissect this after the game is out. I do think it's weird they went with Horizon as the IP to 'Lego-fy' but Hermen is desperate to make this IP into something it's not.

But I do like that they are attempting to court a younger audience again..

• fire

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
All of this over a Lego game 🤣. The game ain't aimed at us. I don't support it, but I think we should dissect this after the game is out. I do think it's weird they went with Horizon as the IP to 'Lego-fy' but Hermen is desperate to make this IP into something it's not.

But I do like that they are attempting to court a younger audience again..
Honestly, for kids this is the absolute best modern IP other than Astrobot. Dinosaurs? Common, kids love that.

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Wonder if Sony is interested in getting rights to a Transformers game? I think it could be a huge hit for them if handled properly 🤔

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023

Business common sense.

You are making up lies and delusions to counter common sense.

A nice way to make people "understand" your points lol
I believe Sony have said no more support for PS4 but this game should have been ported to it.

If it runs on Switch it would have run better on PS4.

Maybe Sony believe people will buy a PS5 for LEGO Horizons so no PS4 version.

I highly doubt it.
This nigga is hilarious, see you next time Sony announces a multiplat bruh bruh
I tried to steer you guys to the truth 🤷‍♂️ but you dont wanna listen, oh well. Some people cant be saved