Lego Horizon Adventures Announced | Summer Game Fest | PS5/Switch/Steam/EGS

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
PS4 was huge success because Sony did a good things with it ( like paid online :/ ), yes. Also, MAG, Warhawk were a GAAS games on PS3. Let alone Home filled with MTX back then
yes, ps4 was the last time Sony had competent leadership. Once Jim and Hermen stepped in, it was over. And Warkhawk and Mag?? LMFAO 😂😂😂 Warhawk had no microtransactions, and MAG had free DLC and free skins. Now skins are $10-$20 each, Overwatch, Diablo, and Valorant have $50 skins.

You are so disingenuous it's not even funny anymore.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: xollowsob and Diah

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
yes, ps4 was the last time Sony had competent leadership. Once Jim and Hermen stepped in, it was over. And Warkhawk and Mag?? LMFAO 😂😂😂 Warhawk had no microtransactions, and MAG had free DLC and free skins. Now skins are $10-$20 each, Overwatch, Diablo, and Valorant have $50 skins.

Ignoring Home is see which was filled with MTX

You are so disingenuous it's not even funny anymore.

Looks who is talking

• brain
Reactions: The Icon

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
The game seems to be what Nishino & Hermen defined as "experimental games":
  • Unlocks new audiences: (kids, Lego fans, Nintendo fans)
  • Targets new genres: (light hearted top down action adventure)
  • High potential:
    • Combines the popularity of SIE's best selling game + top 1 toy brand in the world
    • PC and Switch day one release for extra push
    • They can release related movie/tv shows if it works
    • They can make Lego adaptations of other SIE IPs if it works
    • They can release related toys if it works, expanding SIE IPs via not only in videogames, cinema and tv but now also via toys too
  • Discipline on scope & budget:
    • Seems to have a way smaller scope than a normal mainline Horizon game
    • Codeveloped by an outsourcing/codevelopment team to reduce costs
  • Helps them to test a potential new 2nd party partner for possible future 2nd party projects
  • Maybe helps them to experiment engine stuff with a smaller title, moving that to the budget of this game, lowering the budget of the biggest ones. I'd say lighting and other things were different than in HFW.

GPjH1H2aYAA4D02

GPkLppGXAAADW9K
GPkLtuGXIAApuMJ

Ignoring Home is see which was filled with MTX
Yes, PS Home and Little Big Planet were very successful GaaS back in the PS3 days.

Sony Online Entertainment, created in 1997 as SIE subsidiary and sold in 2015 when was rebranded to Daybreak, also worked in many PC (and console) live service games like DC Universe.

Hermen and Jim weren't the first ones to work on PC or live services games at all. They just doubled down SIE's effots to grow in all areas, and these were two of them.

yeah, I'm the toxic fanboy here
Yes

Last edited:

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
An "experimental title", whatever that means, isn't gonna get a kid to buy a $450 console to play a proper Horizon game. They can experiment all they want, it won't work.

Reactions: Diah

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
An "experimental title", whatever that means, isn't gonna get a kid to buy a $450 console to play a proper Horizon game. They can experiment all they want, it won't work.
The slide from Sony shown above says that "experimental" titles are "high potential games with discipline on scope and budget" to "showcase innovation, unlock new audiences or target new genres". Not to sell consoles.

And well, like any product or service from a company they are also meant to generate directly or inderectly revenue and profit either in the moment or in the future.

As I mentioned above seems clear they are using this game to expand their audience of their SIE IPs -in this case Horizon- to kids, Lego games, and Switch players (in additon to the already existing PS5 and PC players). And pretty likely also to the toys market, and who knows if also to dedicated movie or tv shows.

I'd say nobody buys a console for a single specific game and that nobody expect that if someone buys this in Switch inmediately just after it will buy a PS5. But I think it's easy to understand that if you don't have a PS5 and become fan of a SIE IP elsewhere (movie, tv show, game in other platform, related toys...) it's more likely you may end buying one that if you don't become a fan. It's just one reason more, another selling point.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
It is a 1st party game….
To be fair, it's not really a 1st party game in the way that Fortnite isn't a 1st party game just because they added Kratos.

But it's getting closer to blurring the lines, and i really don't like that the current leadership are habitual line-steppers.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
😂😂😂

Yeap it is a first-party game for Lego Interactive.
Not Sony.
Is this launched in 2022 before HFW release Sony irst-party too?

@JAHGamer

😂😂😂

The coping is sad 😂

Co developed by Guerilla games. Is Guerilla a first party studio? Yes or no? 🤦‍♂️

It’s a first party game. End of story
GPhXt08XIAAEsrf

To be fair, it's not really a 1st party game in the way that Fortnite isn't a 1st party game just because they added Kratos.

But it's getting closer to blurring the lines, and i really don't like that the current leadership are habitual line-steppers.
What does Fortnite have to do with anything? A skin collaboration is nothing like a full game. Thats a massive reach

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: xollowsob

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

Not liking it is fine I guess.

Saying a Lego game is Sony’s first-party is utter nonsense or perhaps ignorance.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
The coping is sad 😂

Co developed by Guerilla games. Is Guerilla a first party studio? Yes or no? 🤦‍♂️

It’s a first party game. End of story
GPhXt08XIAAEsrf

What does Fortnite have to do with anything? A skin collaboration is nothing like a full game. Thats a massive reach
It being developed by TT Games.
Guerrilha is involved as consulting because it is based in their IP.

It is like HBO and ND with TLOU TV show.

Or do you think Sony owns TLOU TV show too? 😂😂😂

Earth is plane too? 😂😂😂

If you need to made up these bullshit to defense your point then you didn’t have a point to begin.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
It being developed by TT Games.
Guerrilha is involved as consulting because it is based in their IP.

It is like HBO and ND with TLOU TV show.

Or do you think Sony owns TLOU TV show too? 😂😂😂

Earth is plane too? 😂😂😂

If you need to made up these bullshit to defense your point then you didn’t have a point to begin.
The blog post literally said “Co developed by Guerilla” and you’re still lying to yourself. No shame, it’s sad to see. Take your L and keep it moving.

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
The japanese clowns destroyed the PlayStation brand in Japan and North America, wiped out PS1 and PS2 profits and lost 60 million gamers to Xbox 360.

Kutaragi wasn't even the CEO when the PS2 was developed. The PS3 was 100% his baby, though.

SCEE, led by Jim Ryan, saved PlayStation and Sony. The PS3 outsold the Wii, while the PS4 mopped the floor with NSW in EMEA.

100m PS3&PS4s sold in EMEA, while Tretton and SCEA got spanked by Xbox in North America and Playstation hit rock bottom in Japan.

Jim Ryan left the PS5 tracking ahead of the PS3 and PS4 in Japan, and dominating North America for the first time in 20 years. And finished Xbox after $80 billion and a pandemic that destroyed SIE supply chain.

Nowdays, a new generation of japanese clowns are in charge and PS5 sales in Europe are teetering on the brink of collapse because profit margin is the only thing that matters.

I still want to believe in Nishino, but Totoki is the worst thing that has happened to PlayStation since Kutaragi was appointed as CEO.

You had me until the last few comments.

Yes, profit margins are extremely important, it's how you remain competitive and actually grow as a business. And that's recognized not only by Totoki but by Jim Ryan as well.

They prioritized supply and pricing for regions where they needed to be stronger. Europe will jump on board with PS5 at the same rates as before when GTA6 and a next gen exclusive EA FC come out. Why would they drop the price now?

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
The japanese clowns destroyed the PlayStation brand in Japan and North America, wiped out PS1 and PS2 profits and lost 60 million gamers to Xbox 360.

Kutaragi wasn't even the CEO when the PS2 was developed. The PS3 was 100% his baby, though.

SCEE, led by Jim Ryan, saved PlayStation and Sony. The PS3 outsold the Wii, while the PS4 mopped the floor with NSW in EMEA.

100m PS3&PS4s sold in EMEA, while Tretton and SCEA got spanked by Xbox in North America and Playstation hit rock bottom in Japan.

Jim Ryan left the PS5 tracking ahead of the PS3 and PS4 in Japan, and dominating North America for the first time in 20 years. And finished Xbox after $80 billion and a pandemic that destroyed SIE supply chain.

Nowdays, a new generation of japanese clowns are in charge and PS5 sales in Europe are teetering on the brink of collapse because profit margin is the only thing that matters.

I still want to believe in Nishino, but Totoki is the worst thing that has happened to PlayStation since Kutaragi was appointed as CEO.
PS3 did not outsell the Wii, tyvm.

Edit: Oh, you mean in EMEA? I dunno, maybe, Europe was always Nintendo's weakest region.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: ethomaz

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
You had me until the last few comments.

Yes, profit margins are extremely important, it's how you remain competitive and actually grow as a business. And that's recognized not only by Totoki but by Jim Ryan as well.

They prioritized supply and pricing for regions where they needed to be stronger. Europe will jump on board with PS5 at the same rates as before when GTA6 and a next gen exclusive EA FC come out. Why would they drop the price now?
I think the main reason for EU not upgrading from PS4 to PS5 faster is because the economy is fucked for a lot of people. People here even supported hard the $599 PS3 and PS Vita. So if they could they'd do it with PS5.

Make sure current gen only GTA6, EA FC, CoD, NBA2K, AC, NFS and more mainline tentpole entries of Sony blockbuster IPs will help to make people transition, but I'd say there's enough great current gen only games to make people upgrade. I'd say if they don't buy it is due to lack of money.