Lego Horizon Adventures Announced | Summer Game Fest | PS5/Switch/Steam/EGS

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Looks fun for the kids, the other Lego games using big IPs were super successful, so I assume this one too.

I'm surprised to see it releases day one not only in PC, but also in Switch.

It has online MP and I assume microtransactions for the skins, but aparently 2 players only. I assume it won't be the Horizon Online GaaS that Simon Larouche is directing, seems to be a mostly outsourced game like Horizon CoM.
@Danja1187 😂 😂 😂

• haha
Reactions: Danja1187

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
its not its some 3rd party small team

dont even know why its been made tbh
Nah it looks like Guerilla Games mainly made it there’s another studio attach but from there history they play a small roll like a support studios. 75% Guerilla 25% SOBO (I think that’s the name of the support studio I can’t remember)

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Sony have lost their mind

Are they publisher or are they just.loaning the IP? IF the latter more understandable
This would make more sense if Guerilla Games wasn’t making this Lego Horizon game. Even then why PS signing deals where they pay Lego likely have a crazy split like the marvel deal & don’t have final say to which platform to release. Ultimately Lego won with this deal. They got paid, crazy deal split, dictated platforms, pushed Lego franchise & Lego game franchise & push Lego in general likely to see a increase in Lego “toy” sells

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
All the misery happening to PlayStation was entirely the fault of Jim Ryan alone. I remember calling his misdeeds the first time out and getting attacked by mad mob of Jimmy fanboys. 💀

Jim Ryan was a walking disaster. This old geezer destroyed Ken Kutaragi and Shawn Layden's legacy. The worst PlayStation CEO of all time.

Reactions: toadsage44

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Honestly Lego God of War would have been legitimately a way cooler idea

Maybe they do that next. Lego Uncharted. Lego The Last of Us. Lego Destiny

There is definitely money and brand building potential in the idea I'll give credit on that
Unless these Legofied games are being 100% made by 3rd party & releasing multiplat I don’t want to see Santa Monica work on a Lego GOW game like Guerilla Game wasted 4 years making a Lego Horizok game that’s not even exclusive to the platform the franchise released on. Having a switch but no ps4 version is crazy given the ip stated on ps4

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
All the misery happening to PlayStation was entirely the fault of Jim Ryan alone. I remember calling his misdeeds the first time out and getting attacked by mad mob of Jimmy fanboys. 💀

Jim Ryan was a walking disaster. This old geezer destroyed Ken Kutaragi and Shawn Layden's legacy. The worst PlayStation CEO of all time.
What is Shawn's Layden legacy?

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
It's not about license or deal, they own the IP. They simply just want to make money, you heard them talk about increasing profitability and margins and this is one of them. It's clear they are targeting more family friendly stuff and associate their IP with kids and Switch is the gateway to gaming for kids (outside of mobile). This shows their ''experimental'' title could go everywhere, hell I am surprised PS4 and Xbox didn't get theirs..

Layden was the one that opened Pandora's box with PC ports btw.

• brain
Reactions: The Icon

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
Unless these Legofied games are being 100% made by 3rd party & releasing multiplat I don’t want to see Santa Monica work on a Lego GOW game like Guerilla Game wasted 4 years making a Lego Horizok game that’s not even exclusive to the platform the franchise released on. Having a switch but no ps4 version is crazy given the ip stated on ps4
We don't know the development situation. Small part of the studio, co development. Guerrilla Games is like 400 people, they aren't all.workingnon Lego Horizon

If the co developer is handling a lot of it I could see them then do other IPs

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Ohhhh it is being make by TT Games Team B.
So much for people trying to say Guerrilha is developing it lol

How come a developer specialized in Lego’s games developer a Lego game?
Who guessed right again?

BTW TT Games is the better Lego developer… not sure about their B Team.

Reactions: Johnic

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022

Jim Ryan is one of the big reasons the PS3 didn't fail harder thanks to it almost matching the Wii sales in Europe and the reason the PS2 is still the best selling console in Europe.
I bet you don't remember in 2016 Sony bringing PS Now to PC but I guess that's alright because it wasn't Jim Ryan.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
because your dooming about how PS5 is releasing games on other platforms day 1. And you ( and similar like you, @Danja1187,, @Satoru, @anonpuffs, @Gods&Monsters etc.) you will be called out for every next Sony 1st party studios released game on PS5 because your dooming and glooming about releasing SP games simultaneously with PC. Just to point how, you are dumb for doom posting
image (1).png

Drop the pipe Whitney

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Jim Ryan is one of the big reasons the PS3 didn't fail harder thanks to it almost matching the Wii sales in Europe and the reason the PS2 is still the best selling console in Europe.
I bet you don't remember in 2016 Sony bringing PS Now to PC but I guess that's alright because it wasn't Jim Ryan.
Jim Ryan did shit. Lmao PS2 was Ken Kutaragi's sole success. Wrong PS3 got successful thanks to Hirai Kaz. You wish so Jimmy would hsve done so. And the PS4 era was carried by Layden and Andrew.

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
Remember that time when Mario released on PlayStation?
Fun fact, Mario Kart 8 just turned 10 years old a little over a week ago.
less than a year after release in 2015 Nintendo announced the producer of the game would now be making mobile games:

Every new game he made after Mario Kart 8 Includes:
Super Mario Run
Fire Emblem Heroes
Animal Crossing Pocket Camp
Dragalia Lost
Doctor Mario World
and Mario Kart Tour

All mobile only games that you cannot play on switch in anyway what so ever.
Meaning if you wanted to play the next Mario Kart Game produced by hideki konno you have to get it on mobile and can't play it on Switch.
Also fun fact I could play all these games on my Sony Xperia III 5 if I wanted to.

TigerFang

7 Mar 2024
Dude I really from the bottom of my heart, respect Guerilla so much.

They go from Killzone > Horizon Action Adventure Open world with out of the world graphics > really fucking fun & immersive VR game > kid friendly LEGO title that looks really fun > possibly a multiplayer action adventure title.

Such an legendary studio that can do it all.

• fire
Reactions: The Icon

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Fun fact, Mario Kart 8 just turned 10 years old a little over a week ago.
less than a year after release in 2015 Nintendo announced the producer of the game would now be making mobile games:

Every new game he made after Mario Kart 8 Includes:
Super Mario Run
Fire Emblem Heroes
Animal Crossing Pocket Camp
Dragalia Lost
Doctor Mario World
and Mario Kart Tour

All mobile only games that you cannot play on switch in anyway what so ever.
Meaning if you wanted to play the next Mario Kart Game produced by hideki konno you have to get it on mobile and can't play it on Switch.
Also fun fact I could play all these games on my Sony Xperia III 5 if I wanted to.
Pathetic cope, you guys lost it.

24 Jun 2022
Anyone still trying to say SIE didn't have leverage in this scenario can go for a swim in the Hudson River when it's -38 degrees in December. I assure you, there is ZERO WAY SIE didn't have leverage in dictating what platforms this game came out on.

THEY chose PS5, PC, and Switch. Not LEGO. It's not on PS4 because SIE want to force PS4 owners to get a PS5 if they feel they have to get a PlayStation to play this game. They probably chose Switch in part because they think enough people won't prefer it for the performance delta between it and PS5. They chose PC because the other Horizon games are already on Steam and for some reason SIE don't see Steam as a competitor even though Jim Ryan said exactly that right before he retired.

The ONLY reason this isn't on Xbox is to keep up the facade that PlayStation and Xbox are still "competing" with each other, when in reality they have very clearly stopped doing so. They just want their respective hardcore fanbases to believe there's still competition. Hence why both are taking timed console exclusivity strategies with their 1P-developed and IP-owned games. Main difference is what those "other platforms" are, and what (extremely small, in SIE's case) number of games are even made console-exclusive in the first place.

For Microsoft, it's everything new that isn't GAAS, then after 3 months - 1 year they're porting that shit to PlayStation and Nintendo, but some are Day 1 like Minecraft Legends. For SIE, it's their 1P-developed single-player narrative-driven games (that they've slowed down to a crawl releasing BTW, to one per year if even that) for 1-2 years and then that shit's going straight to PC.

Though with SIE, it's very likely they'll shorten the time span even further, probably do more Day 1 PC stuff like LEGO Horizon & Until Dawn (Death Stranding 2, for example), and probably start porting those to Nintendo and Xbox after they port them to PC (the ones based on 1P IP but made by external 3P studios).

That's literally going to be the only difference going forward, calling it right now. For all intents and purposes, SIE will probably be a "3P publisher" the way Microsoft is/is going, by the end of this generation. I'm just preparing for the likelihood so that if and when it happens, I won't be miffed or shocked.

I think it'll be a damn shame for what they could have really done competitively with their own console hardware, absolutely. It's not something I'm asking for them to do, either. But, that just looks more and more likely the direction they are headed.