Lego Horizon Adventures Announced | Summer Game Fest | PS5/Switch/Steam/EGS

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
Hows that cellphone btw? Looking into alternatives to samsung
I forgot to add that one thing about Sony phones is that they don't receive updates as long as other phones but as of yet it hasn't really been a problem for me and I got my first Xperia phone in early 2020

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
If I can run RE4 Ultimate HD Edition on it with the HD Project Mod I would buy like 6 of these just to play the greatest mod of all time on the go.
RE4 ran on GC, PS2 and Oculust Quest (meaning, an Android phone). So if they release a PC handheld in a few years, let's say around PS6 launch (late 2027) or later, make sure it will be more powerful than Steamdeck. So would be able to run perfectly that and RE4 remake.

that was the rumor, I don't know if that is true but that is just the rumblings and while I don't really believe it, the leaks of Project Q lite was correct and it was even called Project Q at the 2023 Showcase.
As I remember the Project Q was oficially confirmed to be the codename of PlayStation Portal.

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024
All the misery happening to PlayStation was entirely the fault of Jim Ryan alone. I remember calling his misdeeds the first time out and getting attacked by mad mob of Jimmy fanboys. 💀

Jim Ryan was a walking disaster. This old geezer destroyed Ken Kutaragi and Shawn Layden's legacy. The worst PlayStation CEO of all time.

Shawn Layden started the PC strategy. He even said it was his idea.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Entropi

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I forgot to add that one thing about Sony phones is that they don't receive updates as long as other phones but as of yet it hasn't really been a problem for me and I got my first Xperia phone in early 2020
I've never really had an update do anything for me on my phones either

Reactions: The Icon

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
All the misery happening to PlayStation was entirely the fault of Jim Ryan alone. I remember calling his misdeeds the first time out and getting attacked by mad mob of Jimmy fanboys. 💀

Jim Ryan was a walking disaster. This old geezer destroyed Ken Kutaragi and Shawn Layden's legacy. The worst PlayStation CEO of all time.
Funny how you cap for Kutaragi, when he almost destroyed PS’s legacy himself with his stupid PS3 decisions. Also Jim wasn’t that old, you’re acting like he was 80.

Fortinbras

6 May 2024

The japanese clowns destroyed the PlayStation brand in Japan and North America, wiped out PS1 and PS2 profits and lost 60 million gamers to Xbox 360.

Kutaragi wasn't even the CEO when the PS2 was developed. The PS3 was 100% his baby, though.

SCEE, led by Jim Ryan, saved PlayStation and Sony. The PS3 outsold the Wii, while the PS4 mopped the floor with NSW in EMEA.

100m PS3&PS4s sold in EMEA, while Tretton and SCEA got spanked by Xbox in North America and Playstation hit rock bottom in Japan.

Jim Ryan left the PS5 tracking ahead of the PS3 and PS4 in Japan, and dominating North America for the first time in 20 years. And finished Xbox after $80 billion and a pandemic that destroyed SIE supply chain.

Nowdays, a new generation of japanese clowns are in charge and PS5 sales in Europe are teetering on the brink of collapse because profit margin is the only thing that matters.

I still want to believe in Nishino, but Totoki is the worst thing that has happened to PlayStation since Kutaragi was appointed as CEO.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
The irony of the switch being the only console with games from all big 3 is hilarious after the last decades with people saying nintendo was going third party.

Reactions: Banana

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Crazy I literally just said this 2 days ago 🤣 And I'm already seeing the excuses listed "it's a small game", "it's a perfect fit". Man PlayStation is really finished 😢 It was fun while it lasted

It’s a bad thing because they should be competing against each other, not the opposite. Why should they be speaking to Nintendo? What will they gain from it? Ports to PlayStation? 😂 We both know that’s never happening. Sony is only “speaking” to Xbox because Xbox is on its deathbed, Nintendo is doing great.

I’m not being paranoid, I just always see 10 steps ahead of everyone else. Unlike Sony, Nintendo actually values their brand. So them being friends will only lead to 1 outcome, Astro Bot, Sackboy, Ratchet and Clank ports 😂 Sony and their fans will justify it by saying “they’re just smaller games”, “it’s a perfect fit”, “as long as it’s not the AAA cinematic stuff it’s not a big deal”, blah blah blah.

• sad
Reactions: Neversummer and Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Crazy I literally just said this 2 days ago 🤣 And I'm already seeing the excuses listed "it's a small game", "it's a perfect fit". Man PlayStation is really finished 😢 It was fun while it lasted

This is the best outcome for console only players, with Nintendo Switch 2 you can play Sony,Xbox and Nintendo games all in one place without having a PC.

Why is anybody complaining about this?

Banana

Banned
10 Jan 2023
Hopefully this pages the way for Sony games on switch.
I feel like most of sonys franchises would do better on switch than ps5 or pc. Sony really pivoted to soyboy redditor in the last 15 years and Nintendo has that market on lock.

Switch is surprising but Sony released Wipeout on the N64 so this isn't even a first lol.
Iirc Sony was upset about that and didn't know that game was being released. Ironically the best of the 5th gen Wipeout games too.
The japanese clowns destroyed the PlayStation brand in Japan and North America, wiped out PS1 and PS2 profits and lost 60 million gamers to Xbox 360.

Kutaragi wasn't even the CEO when the PS2 was developed. The PS3 was 100% his baby, though.

SCEE, led by Jim Ryan, saved PlayStation and Sony. The PS3 outsold the Wii, while the PS4 mopped the floor with NSW in EMEA.

100m PS3&PS4s sold in EMEA, while Tretton and SCEA got spanked by Xbox in North America and Playstation hit rock bottom in Japan.

Jim Ryan left the PS5 tracking ahead of the PS3 and PS4 in Japan, and dominating North America for the first time in 20 years. And finished Xbox after $80 billion and a pandemic that destroyed SIE supply chain.

Nowdays, a new generation of japanese clowns are in charge and PS5 sales in Europe are teetering on the brink of collapse because profit margin is the only thing that matters.

I still want to believe in Nishino, but Totoki is the worst thing that has happened to PlayStation since Kutaragi was appointed as CEO.
emea doesn't matter though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Box

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Stop the cap thinking that Lego didn't had any leverage in conditioning on which platform Lego Horizon would go.
What about Sony's leverage? Are they so desperate for a LEGO game?

What about SEGA with the Mario & Sonic games or Ubisoft with the Mario + Rabbits games? Didn't they have any leverage?

You sound like the Xbox apologists.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
You're short sighted.

It's long term money. They're building a brand around Horizon. It's going to be a game on PlayStation, PC, Mobile, and Switch.

If the TV show is a hit, it's going to do wonders for the brand.

Horizon 3 will launch exclusively on PS5/PS6. It will eventually port to PC, but core fans will play it on PS5.

We're getting close to a post-console gaming era and a post-platform era. All that is going to matter in 15-20 years is IP.

Sony will still push PS5 and even PS6, but building bigger brands is going to become more and more of a priority. And it's just smart business. Netflix would not be Netflix if it only ran on Samsung TVs. Sony damaged themselves when they focused on single player AAA games exclusive to PS4 while the rest of the industry pivoted to non-exclusive and GaaS.

Sony is now forced to play catch up to increase their market share and mind share.

When you look at the console market and you consider TAM, the only real way to increase your software sales is to increase availability on other platforms. That doesn't even need to come at the detriment of your hardware sales if you're smart about it. No one was going to buy a PS5 just for Lego Horizon. It's not a system seller.

The funny thing is, most of these fanboys hate Horizon. They just don't like the idea of it being on Switch. Even if its developed by a 3rd party developer.
Looking Scooby Doo GIF by Boomerang Official

, the poster

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer