Lego Horizon Adventures Announced | Summer Game Fest | PS5/Switch/Steam/EGS

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Fun fact, Mario Kart 8 just turned 10 years old a little over a week ago.
less than a year after release in 2015 Nintendo announced the producer of the game would now be making mobile games:

Every new game he made after Mario Kart 8 Includes:
Super Mario Run
Fire Emblem Heroes
Animal Crossing Pocket Camp
Dragalia Lost
Doctor Mario World
and Mario Kart Tour

All mobile only games that you cannot play on switch in anyway what so ever.
Meaning if you wanted to play the next Mario Kart Game produced by hideki konno you have to get it on mobile and can't play it on Switch.
Also fun fact I could play all these games on my Sony Xperia III 5 if I wanted to.
Hows that cellphone btw? Looking into alternatives to samsung

24 Jun 2022
Fun fact, Mario Kart 8 just turned 10 years old a little over a week ago.
less than a year after release in 2015 Nintendo announced the producer of the game would now be making mobile games:

Every new game he made after Mario Kart 8 Includes:
Super Mario Run
Fire Emblem Heroes
Animal Crossing Pocket Camp
Dragalia Lost
Doctor Mario World
and Mario Kart Tour

All mobile only games that you cannot play on switch in anyway what so ever.
Meaning if you wanted to play the next Mario Kart Game produced by hideki konno you have to get it on mobile and can't play it on Switch.
Also fun fact I could play all these games on my Sony Xperia III 5 if I wanted to.

This is a fail post. ALL of those are spinoff games based on Nintendo IP, specifically designed for the mobile gaming market in monetization format and content delivery. They're also generally considered lesser than the mainline versions on Nintendo's own system, and Nintendo provides at least equal (often better) equivalents that ARE exclusive to only their hardware.

So they're keeping their hardcore & core fanbase fed in that regard WRT 1P exclusive content. Also, is mobile a PC? Is mobile PlayStation? Is it Xbox? No, it's none of those things. Legally, the best place to experience Nintendo's games is still on their own hardware, that's in addition to their internally developed games still being exclusive to their systems.

They are in ZERO way comparable to SIE or especially Microsoft when it comes to their multiplatform strategy; Nintendo's is the most nuanced, clearly-defined, and least-damaging/cannibalizing to their main hardware business. Sony and Microsoft can't claim the same things.

Please, stop the cap.

Reactions: Nomen_Nescio

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
I have a Sony Xperia XA 2 and a Sony Xperia 5 III and both are pretty great.
The Camera on the XA 2 isn't great but both have great battery life and work way better than the samsung phones I have.
The Xperia III 5 also came with Call of Duty Warzone preinstalled but I don't know if thats the case anymore since Microsoft now owns Activision.
Performance wise the III 5 is awesome for the price and does a really good job playing PS2 games as I tried a little bit of Silent Hill 2 on it but I think I rather play it on PS3 on the HD collection just for an easier controller setup.
Also a lot of cool camera apps I have on it for slow mo video. (120fps)

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I have a Sony Xperia XA 2 and a Sony Xperia 5 III and both are pretty great.
The Camera on the XA 2 isn't great but both have great battery life and work way better than the samsung phones I have.
The Xperia III 5 also came with Call of Duty Warzone preinstalled but I don't know if thats the case anymore since Microsoft now owns Activision.
Performance wise the III 5 is awesome for the price and does a really good job playing PS2 games as I tried a little bit of Silent Hill 2 on it but I think I rather play it on PS3 on the HD collection just for an easier controller setup.
Also a lot of cool camera apps I have on it for slow mo video. (120fps)
I'm looking into the xperia mark 6 because it has everything i want and the 1080p screen means the battery will last a long time, hate my current samsung cause it dies too fast

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
This is a fail post. ALL of those are spinoff games based on Nintendo IP, specifically designed for the mobile gaming market in monetization format and content delivery. They're also generally considered lesser than the mainline versions on Nintendo's own system, and Nintendo provides at least equal (often better) equivalents that ARE exclusive to only their hardware.

So they're keeping their hardcore & core fanbase fed in that regard WRT 1P exclusive content. Also, is mobile a PC? Is mobile PlayStation? Is it Xbox? No, it's none of those things. Legally, the best place to experience Nintendo's games is still on their own hardware, that's in addition to their internally developed games still being exclusive to their systems.

They are in ZERO way comparable to SIE or especially Microsoft when it comes to their multiplatform strategy; Nintendo's is the most nuanced, clearly-defined, and least-damaging/cannibalizing to their main hardware business. Sony and Microsoft can't claim the same things.

Please, stop the cap.
So your telling me the Horizon Franchise goes:
Horizon: Zero Dawn
then Horizon: Forbbiden West
and the third game in the series is Lego Horizon?
No it's clearly a spinoff comparable to those mobile games listed except, it didn't take the producer from the Horizon games away from the main games. It's been 10 years since the last Mario Kart game that isn't a spin off but it's only been 2 years since the last Horizon Game and I'm sure it's not going to take 8 years for Horizon 3.

This is come cope comparable to what the Code Veronica fans come up with to claim it is the real RE3.
I imagine if Horizon 3 launches day and date on PS5 and Switch then yeah what the fuck are you doing Sony but putting a lego spin off on switch and PC isn't that big of a deal unless if it was made completely by guerilla games. This could be a great way to expand the Horizon franchise. Get people who like the lego games to know about the franchise with this game and then when the next big blockbuster hits with Horizon 3: Nemesis it will have a lot more mindshare than Forbidden West had.

But please go off on how I'm capping here or whatever weird language you guys use nowadays

Last edited:

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
That makes no sense...
Makes a lot of sense.

They partner with Lego for this spinoff to expand the Horizon brand to a new demographic group: "kids" (this include up to 40+ years old Lego and Nintendo fans who play kiddy games). A move that very likely will include to make more Lego Horizon toys, and maybe potential future Lego Horizon movie/tv show adaptations too, or mobile games.

And then if they want to buy Horizon 3, 4 etc. go play a PS console or wait some years to play them on PC.

In addition to this, if the experiment works they would repeat the move making Lego games of other SIE IPs.

And well, they also experiment with a new 2nd party studio. If they do a good job they could make more 2nd party games with them.

Last edited:
  • brain
Reactions: The Icon

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Not sure what you have, but in regards to Samsung, I got the S24 Ultra and this thing is fantastic. You can adjust the resolution down to 1080p, but I have mine at QHD and get easily 7h screen on time it not more. I woke up at 8am yesterday, it's now 2am, and the thing still has 61% battery with my usage being mostly always online with Bluetooth on, and sometimes playing a game. 4h screen on time so far.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Lego game looks great to me; it will have dozens of figurines for people to purchase and build.

My niece loves stuff like this.

Why so much hate.
Forum cannot grasp Sonys IP on anything other than PS. Apparently they are dying a slow death (while being more profitable than ever before)

• sad
  • brain
Reactions: The Icon and Sircaw
OP
OP
John Elden Ring

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States

images

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Who’s making it? This can’t be first party for sure
It's a second party game. Published by PS Studios, codeveloped by Guerrilla and Studio Gobo, a Keywords codevelopment/support subsidiary from Guildford, UK of the founders of Black Rock Studio, the Split-Second devs.

They are one of the teams who worked on games like Howgarts Legacy, Hyper Scape, For Honor or Disney Infinity 3. In addition to Forza Street and Disney Infinity mobile games.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Don't forget PS4. This might confirm the leaks of a PS4 Handheld might not be a thing
I think it's more realistic that they'd release a PC handheld, with specs somewhere between PS4 Pro and PS5. It would be able to run all the PS4 and PS5 games they ported to PC.

It would avoid something that Sony won't want to repeat: the need to support a handheld with a lot of specific 1st and 3rd party dedicated games and ports.

If they release a PC handheld wouldn't need to release specific ports having the PC ones: it only would need to choose the most optimized PC settings by default for the device.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Not sure what you have, but in regards to Samsung, I got the S24 Ultra and this thing is fantastic. You can adjust the resolution down to 1080p, but I have mine at QHD and get easily 7h screen on time it not more. I woke up at 8am yesterday, it's now 2am, and the thing still has 61% battery with my usage being mostly always online with Bluetooth on, and sometimes playing a game. 4h screen on time so far.
Well sure, the battery on my samsung was great when it was new too. I'm still on the s10e since I didn't need anything newer but the battery is degrading pretty badly and I'd rather not try battery surgery or pay to get it replaced.

*edit* nvm i guess sony isn't selling the mark 6 in the US and doesn't support all the 5g bands in the US so importing would be pointless as well. Back to the drawing board

Last edited:

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
I think it's more realistic that they'd release a PC handheld, with specs somewhere between PS4 Pro and PS5. It would be able to run all the PS4 and PS5 games they ported to PC.

It would avoid something that Sony won't want to repeat: the need to support a handheld with a lot of specific 1st and 3rd party dedicated games and ports.

If they release a PC handheld wouldn't need to release specific ports having the PC ones: it only would need to choose the most optimized PC settings by default for the device.
If I can run RE4 Ultimate HD Edition on it with the HD Project Mod I would buy like 6 of these just to play the greatest mod of all time on the go.

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
Why would they make a PS4 handheld

You'd make a scale down PS5 handheld if anything
that was the rumor, I don't know if that is true but that is just the rumblings and while I don't really believe it, the leaks of Project Q lite was correct and it was even called Project Q at the 2023 Showcase.

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023

Welp guess that explain it releasing on PC and Switch day n date cause the game is classified as experimental and not tentpole single player. Best part in all of this is that Xbox can't even get an experimental game. LMAO. Sony out here telling folks the Xbox install base is barren as fuck.

• fire
Reactions: The Icon

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Well sure, the battery on my samsung was great when it was new too. I'm still on the s10e since I didn't need anything newer but the battery is degrading pretty badly and I'd rather not try battery surgery or pay to get it replaced.
The S10 is years old, the battery has run it's course. Not sure about Sony devices, but my S22 was not spectacular on battery. This one however is, and the note features have been incredibly handy