Linus tech Tips and his hot take on bldg a PC that can compare to a PS5 for $500 (hint it's bs :)

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
And with what you gonna play? Your hands?
Where is OS system?
Where is sound card as good as PS5 with all licenses?
Where is SSD/IO 0.5-3 seconds loading screens?

You are bad at this game.
Go back and look how you responded to me the first time. Consider whether you thought you were going to have to move the goalposts to audio licensing fees.

Reactions: Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Where is sound card as good as PS5 with all licenses?
You just admitted defeat with that reach, you guys just can't handle the fact that PC prices are acceptable now and pretty competitive at multiple price points.

The irony is that by clearly being in denial you are all pretty much admitting how good of a deal building a PC is, you guys can't even accept that it's real.

Free online, cheaper games (depending on the publisher and where you live), more options, better retro and much bigger library.

Stop making flaccidsnake look good by comparison.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Since you talk shit, I got it down to $817, all Newegg in stock prices:
Few problems with that build. One, you cant use ddr5 on am4, two, i wouldn't wanna use a 450w psu because I'd want room to upgrade to a beefier gpu down the line. Put in a 650w and sometime later you can pop in a 5800x3d and like a 7800xt or 4070 super. Also, 16gb ram sucks imo. 32gb minimum. Just do a proper build the first time a 6650xt rig isnt worth spendi g $800 for

Reactions: kuzon

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Few problems with that build. One, you cant use ddr5 on am4, two, i wouldn't wanna use a 450w psu because I'd want room to upgrade to a beefier gpu down the line. Put in a 650w and sometime later you can pop in a 5800x3d and like a 7800xt or 4070 super. Also, 16gb ram sucks imo. 32gb minimum

I'm not saying this is the build I would do or recommend. My first pass was closer to 1050 and had a 750W psu among other things. But I believe this build would reliably outperform the same game on PS5.

Batzy

Veteran
10 Jan 2024
I got a laptop for 400 and can't play fortnite on it so i have no faith that his pc will do better.

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
More clickbait. I suppose there must be some interest since videos and articles keep appearing on this, but from my standpoint - I already know all the benefits of investing in a really good PC for games. I also know the benefits of console and that's where my preference lies. It just comes across as some sort of weird rivalry between two different, subjective platform choices which this video attempts to capitalize on.

Reactions: Sircaw

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
you can occasionally find decent deals at $900 for a 1080p gaming laptop. but yeah if you want decent performance you're spending like $2k+ on a laptop
I got this last summer for ~1000. 1440p 144hz display. Ryzen 9, 3060, really not shit.

Reactions: Nhomnhom

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Go back and look how you responded to me the first time. Consider whether you thought you were going to have to move the goalposts to audio licensing fees.
You can't even fucking admit that you bullshitting. Okey, remove audio licensing fees, and? you are like child, resolve to hang on selective least important thing to look like you winning the argument, you don't.

Whole post still destroys all your nonsense as i didn't even include blu-ray player if you compare to disc version, if not, PS5 is 400$.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: flaccidsnake

lynux3

21 Apr 2023
At least he acknowledges that PS5s configuration won’t be a reality for parity in PC parts for at least a year or two towards the end.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
You just admitted defeat with that reach, you guys just can't handle the fact that PC prices are acceptable now and pretty competitive at multiple price points.

The irony is that by clearly being in denial you are all pretty much admitting how good of a deal building a PC is, you guys can't even accept that it's real.

Free online, cheaper games (depending on the publisher and where you live), more options, better retro and much bigger library.

Stop making flaccidsnake look good by comparison.
What defeat? What reach? Don't incluce multiple costly things just make a fake argument with 817$?
Guy can't even make an coherent build.

What denial? Pay double? Triple?

You talk about denial, reach, yet, in comparison hardware to hardware you brought argument about more option, free online etc.. fucking hell, you can't make this shit, hilarious.

No one is denying that you can't build a pc more powerful than PS5(arguably except SSD/IO), it is all about the price.

I have been PC player from my teens, building multiple PCs, experimenting with hardware. you can't bullshit me.

• thinking_hard

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
What defeat? What reach? Don't incluce multiple costly things just make a fake argument with 817$?
Guy can't even make an coherent build.

What denial? Pay double? Triple?

You talk about denial, reach, yet, in comparison hardware to hardware you brought argument about more option, free online etc.. fucking hell, you can't make this shit, hilarious.

No one is denying that you can't build a pc more powerful than PS5(arguably except SSD/IO), it is all about the price.

I have been PC player from my teens, building multiple PCs, experimenting with hardware. you can't bullshit me.
Go @Gediminas go, Go @Gediminas Go

sing with me people. :love: 🐟

Super Bowl Cheer GIF by Unlimited Moves

• Surprised

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I got this last summer for ~1000. 1440p 144hz display. Ryzen 9, 3060, really not shit.

a 3060 is not enough for 1440p