Marvel`s Blade Announced

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Windows central just removed their statement about exclusivity in their article and asked MS to clarify. My guess is that it is exclusive, but it's weird that they didn't beat their chest about it like they're known to do.

It isn't, for now.
And if Marvel wants this to succeed, it won't be.

• Informative
Reactions: Jim Ryan

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Why announce it if you haven't it secured? Surely Disney have the advantage here as MS need to make the game and need the IP licence. Dumb people in positions of power
The game is a certain so there is no impediment to announce it.
And MS wanted to show something because they didn't anything at all.
And even that new game was for 2046-2027 mininum.

Just promises again.

What MS is launching in this fiscal year?

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
"So we see here youre losing relevance in the US, basically irrelevant in the rest of the world, and have conditioned your audience not to buy products, is that correct mister Spencer?"

MRTired from Neogaf made a great point:

"I believe that the game is an exclusive but there Xbox brand is "toxic". In so far as if it was revealed as an exclusive the amount of awareness the game would generate would drop by an not so insignificant amount.

A significant amount of people will immediately disengage from checking out the coverage. It the same reason they were vague about Starfield release platform cause they won't Playstation gamers to not immediately disengage so the can sell them on the Xbox platform.

The fact that the platform is in this state we're there's a "stench" being associate with Xbox says it all"

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
No doubt they'll throw however much money it takes at Disney to lock it down for bragging rights and relevance.
I don’t think it’s within the Xbox budget to make up the lost sales exclusivity would lead to.

The Indiana Jones deal was signed before this generation began, when they figured Xbox would make a comeback.

Things have not gone the way Xbox expected…

Reactions: Diah

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
It isn't, for now.
And if Marvel wants this to succeed, it won't be.
Veeeeery interesting

Thinking Reaction GIF

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
Great marketing by Microsoft, just by simply not putting an xbox logo in the trailer people are talking about this game, probably the most discussed game of the show this far.

Reactions: Jim Ryan

Umar

Veteran
20 Jun 2022
PSN ID
Progamer265446
they cant even confirm if its not exclusive or not

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Great marketing by Microsoft, just by simply not putting an xbox logo in the trailer people are talking about this game, probably the most discussed game of the show this far.

In a NEGATIVE way regarding Xbox, yes. So, negativity for Xbox is good.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

If this is true, Blade is not an Xbox exclusive. Sony got their deals in with IPs before this new initiative.

I believe that is true and MS is trying everything to change that contract like they did with Indiana Jones.

Here platform potential matter a lot.
It is easier to Sony get an exception than Microsoft.

Nobody wants their game limited as Xbox and PC.
While most are fine with PS and PC.

Xbots will call that the Xbox tax… I just call it business.

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
Got a good team and the right IP.

People dismissing this game will be in for a massive awakening.

Great get for Microsoft. BTW, not first person but third person action. I can already see it.
Been a while since Arkane made a good game. Prey was great, since then it's been downhill.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
Both MS and Disney/Marvel know that future MCU movies will need as big a push as possible in transmedia spaces. Gaming-wise Xbox can't provide that push on its own, not the way PlayStation can with IP like Spiderman (and the upcoming Wolverine).

So I think this is a case where regardless what Phil Spencer wants, Disney/Marvel are going to require it be multi-console to help therein give the film (which has a very troubled production history as-is) as much visibility as it can get.

Indiana Jones is effectively a dormant/dead IP film-wise so I don't think Lucasfilm care if a game timed somewhat close to the recent flop is exclusive console-wise to a languishing console platform.

Blade is part of the MCU which is something Disney/Marvel can't afford to have wither away like Star Wars has; they will want any game tied to it to have as much visibility as possible. Xbox can't provide that for them on its own; they need PlayStation to afford that visibility (and preferably, association/crossover with the Spiderman fanbase) to give the film a strong chance at a big box office.

Business 101 suggests it'll be a multi-console game.
That all makes a lot of sense. Only question is whether Disney is willing to accept a big payment from a desperate MS.

For me it makes much more sense to make it a 6-12 month timed exclusive. Putting it on Xbox and GamePass day one kills this games' sales and hype.

Reactions: Diah