Marvel Spider Man 2 | Review Thread

What Scores do you think Spider Man 2 will get?

• 45-55%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-55%

• 55-60%

• 60-65%

• 70-75%

• 75-80%

• 80-85%

• 85-90%

Votes: 17 53.1%
  • 90-96%

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • 96-100%

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
They probably are going to be really pretentious and condescending about the game based on some tweets from another person who works at Edge and give it a (relative to everyone else) low score, but mathematically it shouldn't be enough to drop it out of the 90s range. I can't see there being enough low scores out there to drop it into the 80s. Even Stevivor gave the last two Spider-Man games really high scores (90-95) based on Metacritic records.
We also have Jim Sterling and Digital Spy that haven’t reviewed it yet. Both can be unpredictable, Sterling gave Starfield a 4 and Digital Spy gave the only mix score to Mario Wonder which was a 7.

Last edited:

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
We also have Jim Sterling and Digital Spy that haven’t reviewed it yet. Both can be unpredictable, Sterling gave Starfield a 4 and Digital Spy gave the only mix score to Mario Wonder which was a 7.
If anything these scores make them better reviewers than any others.

sweating key and peele GIF

Reactions: Kokoloko

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Jim Sterling liked the last one, but I can't find where he even gave it a score. I think you guys shouldn't worry so much about the score dropping. Some arbitrary score from a website looking for clicks has no bearing on the actual quality of the game, and I find it unlikely that there's a plot to bomb the score in the 11th hour for this game. With it holding 91 with 130 reviews it's mathematically unlikely that it drops below 90 and I doubt it gets anything like a 5 or a 6 like some seem to be worried about.

kuzon

23 Jun 2023
Why do ps exclusives get 130-150 reviews while nintendo games get usually 90-100 and xbox games get 80-90 reviews?
This affects scores too much.

Whole metacritic system s broken.
I think its the most popular console/ sells the most that journalists review games on. Only reason I think why

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Why do ps exclusives get 130-150 reviews while nintendo games get usually 90-100 and xbox games get 80-90 reviews?

Because more places review PS games.
It is due popularity.

Metacritic has it own issues but about has nothing to do with that.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022

For example Starfield was sent mostly to sites dedicated to Xbox for its initial reviews, that bumped its score.
I think its the most popular console/ sells the most that journalists review games on. Only reason I think why
The same sites dedicated to Xbox that bumped Starfield will bomb spiderman.
Overtly review bombing a game. A new low.
Well, these Xbox sites/podcasts/youtubers and what not do it all the time. They do it the other way around as well (bomb ps games).

To be fair someone in this forum felt a need to try to build a group to review bomb Starfield of all games. This is not as systematic or well organized as the whole Xbox situation, where the top executives mingle with the people doing the review bombing.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
just don't review it?

I don't see any PS centric site review Starflop, or even Nintendo games.
Well you are comparing different community… Xbox fans mindset follow MS mindset where can only accept Xbox game with good score.

Sadly the reality is not good for them because they don’t put enough love and work in their games to reach high scores anymore.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I'm still believing that all XboxEra crap is inside joke.
Why asking for a review code when game is already out and you can review "retail code" just like EDGE, Metro did for Starfield.
I mean any Xbox site can buy a game and review game later
They can.

But it is not better to ask the followers and save $70?

I mean Xbox Era for obvious reasons won't receive a game code from Sony... so they have to buy it or somebody else buy and gift them... the second option is better for them.

Reactions: GrayWolf323