Marvel vs Capcom Fighting Collection announced (PS4, Switch, & PC)

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
The only thing a PS5 version could add is 120fps, I don't have a 120hz TV yet so I'm not bothered by no PS5 version.

Also PS5 versions of fighting games use single colour face button icons on screen (all of them are white) which makes it more annoying to read moves, don't need a PS5 version for these titles

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
The only thing a PS5 version could add is 120fps, I don't have a 120hz TV yet so I'm not bothered by no PS5 version.
Not just that.

The game can be the same but the system UI for a PS4 game and PS5 game are different.

I really wonder when this crap will end.

OP
OP
GachaMadeMeBroke

GachaMadeMeBroke

26 Nov 2023
They did the same thing with the previous Fighting Collection I believe

Yup. PS4 only. Speaking of the other collection that one actually released on Xbox. I guess sales must’ve been pretty bad for them to skip the platform

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
If you don't make a PS5 app then it will basically be limited to what PS4 CPU & GPU had sadly.
In 2024? That is pretty bad.

im starting think i should have just stuck with my ps4

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Yup. PS4 only. Speaking of the other collection that one actually released on Xbox. I guess sales must’ve been pretty bad for them to skip the platform
They skipped with Megamen too... the first collection released on Xbox but the second lol
That is the reality of Xbox and it become even more aggravating after Gamepass.

Truth being told here... or Xbox is whiling to make a deal with Capcom to put these collections on Gamepass or Xbox won't have them at all.
And that is what make Gamepass a cancer because Xbox needs to throw all the money to make games coming to it after lose all the revenue they should have with normal game business.

MS changed the ability to sell games to Xbox users and get their money into MS having to waste money to put games on Gamepass.
It is the exactly same issue Starfield is facing now and having to sell mods at exorbitant prices to recover costs.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Gamepass effect...

But why PS4 and not PS5? I hope they make it at least native PS5 App.

Not just that.
The game can be the same but the system UI for a PS4 game and PS5 game are different.
I really wonder when this crap will end.

The reasons for no PS5 native app is due to the game most likely being a MT framework title.
The previous fighting collection was also on MT framework.
This is why big even sellers like Monster Hunter: World has also never had a PS5/Series version as well.
They've kept doing a few titles for MT framework in recent years but have dropped the engine development while focusing on RE.

• Informative
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
The reasons for no PS5 native app is due to the game most likely being a MT framework title.

The reasons for no native PS5 native app pretty likely are wanting to have a smaller input lag in the fighting games (in some games the PS4 version has lower input lag than the PS5 one), and simply because there's no point on releasing a PS5 app when it's going to be exactly the same games running at exactly the same performance, 60fps. Something important for the competitive side.

Regarding the "system UI", that's OS stuff handled by the OS. The game basically the API saying you achieved a trophy and then the OS renders it on screen differently depending on the OS/console version. And well, things like pressing the home button or screenshots are transparent for the game, they run on a different let's say OS layer.

Yep. And shorter loading times too.

But being old emulated games capped at 60fps that could only maybe reduce the input lag in maybe a frame or less, and the loading times should already be short.

I think that a PS5 specific version (which also would have compatibility issues with PS4 arcade sticks) wasn't needed.

Last edited:

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
The reasons for no native PS5 native app pretty likely are wanting to have a smaller input lag in the fighting games (in some games the PS4 version has lower input lag than the PS5 one), and simply because there's no point on releasing a PS5 app when it's going to be exactly the same games running at exactly the same performance, 60fps.
Input lag has nothing to do with it, Capcom was just being cheap and knew they could get the PS5 install base to buy their game with only having a PS4 version.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
The reasons for no native PS5 native app pretty likely are wanting to have a smaller input lag in the fighting games (in some games the PS4 version has lower input lag than the PS5 one), and simply because there's no point on releasing a PS5 app when it's going to be exactly the same games running at exactly the same performance, 60fps. Something important for the competitive side.
That was at early games at start of the generation
A lot of patches happened after that..

Today Street Fighter VI has less input lag on PS5 than PS4.
You play better with arcade sticks on PS5 (it is inclusive 10ms lower than PC).

Last edited:

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
That was at early games at start of the generation
A lot of patches happened after that..

Today Street Fighter VI has less input lag on PS5 than PS4.
You play better with arcade sticks on PS5.
What? I didn't know this, I'll have to check some updated benchmark.

Do you know if arcade stick with Brook UFB are now supported in PS5 native games without having to use an adaptor/PS5 mod?

Edit:

You're right, regarding SFVI gets the best PS results on PS5 when using 120Hz+HDR+IDR.

In the different configurations, PS5 normally has better results than in the equivalent PS4 on PS5 variant, getting a 1-13ms (less than 1 frame) difference.

The best possible case is 3.77 frames (62.79 ms in the bottom of the screen) of input delay in the PS5 with 120Hz+VRR and IDR enabled in the game settings.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Thanks God it is confirmed no Cross-play.

How Capcom implemented Cross-play in Street Fighter games were awkward... you have every time you boot the game to disabled it without option to make it permanent lol
Plus PC players somehow create artificial lag to win matches... it is like teleport moves lol

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022

Well:
  • Street Fighter V was PS exclusive (MT Framework)
  • Street Fighter 6 is available in PS4 but not in XBO (RE Engine)
  • RE4 remake is available in PS4 but not in XBO (RE Engine)
  • Monster Hunter Stories is available in PS4 but not in Xbox (MT Framework)
  • Monster Hunter Stories is available in PS4 but not in Xbox (MT Framework)
  • RE Village has a VR version on PS5 (RE Engine)
  • RE4 remake has a VR version on PS5 (RE Engine)
  • Plus a generation or two long marketing deal with Sony for basically everything SF+RE+MH+DMC related
It isn't something new, Jimbo just had them in the paycheck.

Regarding Square, it's just some timed console exclusives getting ported to other platforms once the exclusivity period ends and a few secondary projects going multi now because they want to make more money or because the other ones don't pay them enough to make these games multi.

no idea what mt framework is

It's the Capcom's game engine they did frequently use in the previous generation before moving to RE Engine.

Thanks God it is confirmed no Cross-play.

How Capcom implemented Cross-play in Street Fighter games were awkward... you have every time you boot the game to disabled it without option to make it permanent lol
Plus PC players somehow create artificial lag to win matches... it is like teleport moves lol
Independently if your playing on console or PC you can add artificial lag by saturating your LAN downloading some heavy stuff in this or other device connected to the same LAN.

Example: someone else starts to watch 4K video streaming, some OS/firmware/driver update downloads automatically, etc.

Extra lag also happen -both for console and PC- for simply being too far from the other player, playing via wifi, specially if with bad wifi signal or being too far from the router, old wifi type, bad router/firewall/etc. configuration, having a shitty quality internet connection line, or if using some weird internet connection like 4G/5G/satellite that in addition to extra lag loses many packages, or because the info packages found an "internet traffic jam" when travelling from a player to another.

Last edited: