Microsoft Blocking pre-orders for Persona 3/4 on Switch and PS4 in order to cook books for the xbox versions, purposefully gimped the PS5 version

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
R&C (or, more accurately, a project that morphed into it) was pitched around the industry and Sony picked it up. What different is that from Microsoft selecting a 3rd party studio to make a new Flight Simulator?
I don't think that's true. Insomniac was already working with Sony on Spyro and they got help from Naughty Dog for the first R&C.

I can't find anything that say it was shopped around. It seems you just don't want to give any credit to Sony so you make shit up? Why?

It says here the idea was shown to Sony and Mark Cerny to get the greenlight to make the game.

I never mentioned Flight Sim so I'll let the other poster say what they meant.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
I can't find anything that say it was shopped around. It seems you just don't want to give any credit to Sony so you make shit up? Why?
I give them credit for paying for the game, the same as Microsoft is doing now, but they didn't make it, Insomniac did as an independent developer. The original person who I quoted said, "when Sony screwed up with PS3, they didn't go shopping and bought multiple publishers, they actually went to drawing board, and created games, amazing games, many many many games." But a lot of times they didn't create the games, they paid others to. Or, in the case of SP and MM they did the same thing, going shopping. The truth is that a large majority of Sony's first party studios are purchases of formerly independent groups, same as Microsoft. If Sony gets credit for studios it purchased than MS should too.

Of the big three, only Nintendo formed the majority of its production groups internally, and even then they have a huge array of partner companies that focus on specific series.

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
The truth is that a large majority of Sony's first party studios are purchases of formerly independent groups, same as Microsoft. If Sony gets credit for studios it purchased than MS should too.
Sony is sharing credit for the new IP those studios created since purchased many years ago, just like MS gets credit for Viva Piñata and Sea of Thieves. But whereas in one case IP renewal is the exception, in the other it's the rule.

Both Sony and MS give creative input to both the studios they own and the ones they hire. MS should share credit for Forza Horizon, made by Playground even before they were bought. After all, they own the IP, just like they own Flight Simulator. I really find that an odd example, btw, as I'm certain everyone knows FS is a MS property.

As for R&C, Insomniac only pitched it to Sony because Sony hired them specifically for work on a new IP. Similar to how they contracted From for Demon's Souls and later on Bloodborne. Both IPs also owned by Sony.

None of the examples above are like the ridiculous retroactive credit people try to give MS for Minecraft and Starfield (which were already existing as fully independent concepts prior to their buyout and in the case of Minecraft, even released). Starfield even had a PS5 version in active development until Bethesda was bought.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
After all, they own the IP, just like they own Flight Simulator. I really find that an odd example, btw,
I'm not the one who refused to include it, @Gediminas did. That or Age of Empires, which was relaunched under identical conditions (MS owns the IP, contracted out someone to make the newer games.)

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Atlus, and Sega in general, really sold their soul to work with microsoft it seems.
SEGA has been taking the big green dick to the detriment of their western fans for a while. They must be nearly bankrupt YET AGAIN to be taking Game Pass money over the sales on PlayStation for things like PSO2.

Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
That's sad for MS and Atlus if the latter is involved, yet Persona will still sell better on PS. I think PS5 guys should be more interested in getting native versions of the game tbh....

Reactions: Bryank75

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
How come you can't preorder it on PS then? It's coming out in a few days and there's nothing.

You can only in the Xbox store, there's even a bundle. Go check for yourself.

I don't think MS are devious enough to block pre orders for the game on other consoles, especially since the games are coming to game pass anyway where they'll get the most engagement on Xbox. If it was them they wouldn't have 'blocked' it for Nintendo, only Sony. 😅

This is an Atlus issue through and through.

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
No PS fan is out with pitchforks though, we've probably played all these games before, maybe. Was it the opposite, we would hear no end to it.....Sony is anti-consumer, sign this petition.......
MS isn't the reason why there isn't a PS5 native version... that's down to Sony's own policies and system design. You guys know that... which is why there's no pitchforks... there's nobody for you to get mad at that isn't Playstation themselves.

And yea, they have you buying the same games again.. the guy that made this thread was literally BEGGING for these games on PS5 and Switch. It's UNFAIR that MS got to announce them!! LOL

• sad
Reactions: arvfab

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
since the games are coming to game pass anyway where they'll get the most engagement on Xbox.
Ok, most interesting thing you've said and tbh I've heard it a million times before..........Yet that word "engagement" is something isn't it. PS4 and PS5 usually outsells XBOX games that are multiplatform everytime, most times by a huge margin/ratio, now that is guaranteed superior engagement because nobody typically buys a disc so it can sit there.....As opposed, how are we quantifying better engagement on gamepass for any title because it's available to subs? We would need stats to show that such and such game is getting lots of traction on GP, all persons who downloaded said game spent 5 hours or more on it. Engagement cannot be superficial, by that I mean, I downloaded it but never played, I added it to my download list, I launched it got in the menus and exited, all of these are recorded as someone engaging with a game on gamepass and the ticker goes +1, but is that really engagement? Also, Gamepass has many games available right, a new game hitting gamepass does not mean anyone is downloading or playing, there are many games to choose from so that in itself is an issue. You remember the time when you only had 1 channel or 2 on your TV, there was serious engagement there, till Cable came or Netflix came and what you choose to watch become so much harder. There will be dibbing and dabbing and not really watching anything really. Yet MS will never share gamepass stats, they will only say millions engaged, we really don't know the depth to that engagement and that can be very misleading.

As opposed, I know PS fans have bought millions of copies of Persona, so that's quantifiable engagement, no one can question that lots of PS fans played Persona.