Microsoft Blocking pre-orders for Persona 3/4 on Switch and PS4 in order to cook books for the xbox versions, purposefully gimped the PS5 version

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
They need to make deals with publishers since software can’t sell on the platform.

Let them try. It’s not working. Who would’ve thought that gaming welfare programs can’t sustain game development or grow players. Oh yea. Everyone over the age of 14 and doesn’t have to add games to birthday wishlists for mom to buy.

Phil must be fired.

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Deals happen all the time. Better get used to more deals like this happening if MS acquisition of Activision Blizzard doesn't go through.

Honestly I think thats how competing should be. I think Gamepass should still exist, but being a full on replacement is a bad idea. Look at whats happening in entertainment?

Still not recovering. I think the best combo for people who play a good amount of games is having gamepass/PS EXTRA, and buying games that are must play and then getting stuff when its on sale.

I think thats super healthy.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Deals happen all the time. Better get used to more deals like this happening if MS acquisition of Activision Blizzard doesn't go through.
I think being able to make more deals like this are part of why they want ABK so bad. Larger install base and more sales that would come from owning COD would make it easier for them to do things like this on a larger scale as third parties may be more willing to sign deals like this with Xbox if they were more popular.

It is wild though as it seems like deals like this are the only way a JRPG would ever potentially do better on Xbox over Playstation.

Last edited:

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Because they need to compete and get Xbox back in the mindshare of gamers.

They're in a catch 22 situation where Xbox doesn't get these games because nobody buys these games on the console... but nobody buys these games on the console because it's never guaranteed that Xbox will get these games... So essentially they have to eat the cost of the lack of sales, and continually get these games on their platform so that people will become comfortable with buying these games on that same platform.

I understand why they should do it, but going after PS centric games? Persona has always launched on PS. Why not invest in new titles and IP’s? I mean MS didnt take the opportunity to remake KOTOR.

Its like if PS went and got Ninja Gaiden Exclusive. They instead publish some new IP’s with them.
At the end of the day its a smart move but would be shame for the fans that have been with the series since day 1.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
xbots says thank you for getting Persona... oh wait..
Fm70ILJXoAIL31Q.jpg

OP
OP
Bodycount611

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
Great news! Glad to see them flop on Xbox. Hopefully this puts an end to this misguided experiment. Hopefully Atlus and Sega come out OK, and Xbox didn't cost them too much money.

Expect to see them slowly distance themselves from Xbox moving forward.

• fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I miss being able to rate games on my PlayStation OS. That’s something from Ps4 I want to see return. Just so I can give a one to two star rating for Ff7r.

I don’t care about the quality of those scoring. It’s real users who actually have the software. At least it’s genuine.