Microsoft Business Update Podcast | OT | SEGABOX - 12 PM PT | 3 PM ET | 8PM GMT

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
going off alex jones GIF

THE PODCAST WAS A LIMITED HANGOUT PEOPLE WAKE UP THIS IS NOT A DRILL

Sunrise Ninja

5 Feb 2024
Well, that was disappointing. They kinda just reiterated all their old PR stuff again.
Exactly.

If you read between the lines they're basically saying the Xbox community isn't growing it's stagnant, the games Microsoft produce are not getting their return on investment on Xbox because they don't sell well enough (And let's be honest with ourselves the games from Microsoft Studio 90% of them are trash) so they have to port them to other consoles. They are going to start with four games that no one really gives a fuck about just to keep the hardcore Xbox community some what happy so they all don't jump ship to PlayStation or PC in the next two years and down the line all the other games will follow. The next generation will probably be their last console generation before they become just a publisher.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
What a shit show and an insult to Xbox fans rofl. Tell them the truth Phil. Xbox fans are not good customers so you need to cater to other fanbases.

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
The Verge article bout this is even more funnier. You can obviously read between the lines of Phil's quotes in the article. Every Xbox games will have a cloud over its head of "so when it's coming to PS?" Lol.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Exactly.

If you read between the lines they're basically saying the Xbox community isn't growing it's stagnant, the games Microsoft produce are not getting their return on investment on Xbox because they don't sell well enough so they have to port them to other consoles. They are going to start with four games that no one really gives a fuck about just to keep the hardcore Xbox community some what happy so they all don't jump ship to PlayStation or PC in the next two years and down the line all the other games will follow. The next generation will probably be their last console generation before they become just a publisher.
When they say that Xbox Hardware is the only place where Gamepass will be availiable doesn't even make any sense. There is Gamepass for PC and xCloud, they are clearly trying to suck up to their most rabid fans and gaslight them.

iAMJeffy

29 Oct 2022
Just watched the whole podcast, basically says there are 4 Xbox games coming to either PlayStation or Nintendo and they are rumoured to be Grounded, hifi rush, pentiment and sea of thieves as per Tom warren.

Also mentioned that they were testing the waters with this and their goal is to get Xbox games expanded to other gamers so I see that as if the games do well , they will keep porting other Xbox games over.

Day 1 Gamepass still a thing and Diablo 4 is launching on Gamepass March 28.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
The Verge article bout this is even more funnier. You can obviously read between the lines of Phil's quotes in the article. Every Xbox games will have a cloud over its head of "so when it's coming to PS?" Lol.
I wonder how long before the fanboys on places like reddit and era realize this. If they listen closely, they'll see that he didn't rule anything out.

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
You mentioned that Starfield and Indiana Jones aren't part of the four despite rumors, but will those ever come to PS5? Can you rule that out?
I don't think we should as an industry ever rule out a game going to any other platform. We're focused on these four games and learning from the experience.
But I don't want to create a false expectation on those other platforms that this is somehow the first four to get over the dam and then the dam's going to open and that everything else is coming, that's not the plan today. I also don't want to mislead customers on those other platforms. We're launching these four games, and we're excited about it. We're excited about the announce and everything else, but we'll see what happens for our business.

Only for the moment
881901542091915354.webp

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
So they pretty much didn't refute the rumors outright but at the same time left the door open for games like Starfield and Indy to come to PS. This is clearly stage 1 of their move toward 3rd party. This podcast was them acting like they are not 3rd party but read between the lines folks, they are.

Polyh3dron

31 Jan 2024
The entire podcast can be summed up by Kelly's closing words:

No thoughts, just vibes.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
I wonder how long before the fanboys on places like reddit and era realize this. If they listen closely, they'll see that he didn't rule anything out.
The two criteria he laid out would exclude Starfield:
- Labor of love projects that "weren't meant as exclusives" (i.e. Switch can run them)
- Games that rely on a big online community

He also specified games that are over a year old and had their run on Xbox.

I don't believe the criteria will hold forever, but it is clear enough. The rumors were pretty specific that Starfield would come to PS5 after the Shattered Space update. If that actually happens then Phil is completely full of shit.

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
One big question that should be asked is how much longer can Bethesda and Act-Bliz be viable trying to operate like they have prior to the acquisition by only restricting themselves in the console sector only to Xbox hardware? They can't. At some point A LOT of these games from Bethesda and Activision are going to have to find their way to the bigger install base of PS and Nintendo.

Reactions: Nimrota

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
The two criteria he laid out would exclude Starfield:
- Labor of love projects that "weren't meant as exclusives" (i.e. Switch can run them)
- Games that rely on a big online community

He also specified games that are over a year old and had their run on Xbox.

I don't believe the criteria will hold forever, but it is clear enough. The rumors were pretty specific that Starfield would come to PS5 after the Shattered Space update. If that actually happens then Phil is completely full of shit.
he also specifically mentioned that Starfield and Indiana Jones is not among the 4.