Microsoft Business Update Podcast | OT | SEGABOX - 12 PM PT | 3 PM ET | 8PM GMT

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
he also specifically mentioned that Starfield and Indiana Jones is not among the 4.
Then proceeded to not rule out these ports eventually. Everybody knew they were not the games that would be ported first, Indiana Jones hasn't even been released.

The most surprising thing about this event is how uninteresting it was, they pretty much didn't disprove a single rumor that was going around. This was like a coping session guided by PR talk.

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
Then proceeded to not rule out these ports eventually. Everybody knew they were not the games that would be ported first, Indiana Jones hasn't even been released.
Indiana Jones hasn't been released, correct, it didn't rule out a possible addition to the workload though, until now. He was asked about it by, man I don't even know her name LMAO, the person to the left of him, she said "can you say if any of these four games are Starfield or Indiana Jones?" and he said they are not.

True, he didn't proceed to rule out those ports eventually.

EDIT: Not seeing anyone talking about this so far, ABK games are confirmed to be going on Game Pass as well, starting with Diablo 4 on March 28th

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
This podcast has to be the biggest smoke and mirror Phil Spencer has ever done since his tenure at Xbox. And that man has done plenty of smoke and mirror.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Indiana Jones hasn't been released, correct, it didn't rule out a possible addition to the workload though, until now. He was asked about it by, man I don't even know her name LMAO, the person to the left of him, she said "can you say if any of these four games are Starfield or Indiana Jones?" and he said they are not.

True, he didn't proceed to rule out those ports eventually.
They were never rumored to be the first games to come out to begging with. We knew about SoT, Pentiment and Hifi Rush.

There was also A Dusk Fall that had already been announced.

The only question now is when they'll port games not if same as with Sony games going to PC.

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
Starfield is definitely not coming guys. Nope, they just in fact needed to, as the rumours said, start porting first party games because Grounded is setting the gaming landscape on fire and the community wants it on PS. Starfield, their 11/10 exclusive that wouldn't move the needle, will remain on Xbox because it's not a labour of love. What PS players were really antsy to get their hands on in large enough numbers for it to be a great business decision is in fact Pentiment, not Indian Jones.

As an addendum: the FUD the past week was amazing. Guys like Jez spat out a million different statements, and then it's "just" the low end of the rumours...which were the initial rumours. Classic case of making a big deal to smuggle in changes that in retrospect seem small.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I've mentioned before that we needed to pay close attention to what they are and aren't willing to rule out and they didn't definitively rule out anything.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Any thoughts on the ‘largest leap of any generation’ for the next xbox? MS can’t help themselves to overhype and then dissapoint rofl

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
They were never rumored to be the first games to come out to begging with. We knew about SoT, Pentiment and Hifi Rush.

There was also A Dusk Fall that had already been announced.

The only question now is when they'll port games not if same as with Sony games going to PC.
See, I saw farrrrrr too many rumors about Starfield and Indiana Jones being spread around by major fanboys on Twitter, saying it's the death of Xbox and all of that. It's just funny that after it was all said and done via the Podcast/Videocast that all the fire and flames was absolutely nothing.

I saw too many people freaking out and throwing fits over multiplat releases, and it turns out its the games I thought they would be lmao

I imagine those ports will come out over the next few years, or it could all be this year, who knows at this point, they never say anything. They did mention there is a showcase in June though. They also stated they have a "multi-year hardware roadmap" so all the people saying they were leaving the console business seem to be wrong as well.

straight from there blog post lol v
1708030316184.png

• thinking_hard
Reactions: AshHunter216

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
Any thoughts on the ‘largest leap of any generation’ for the next xbox? MS can’t help themselves to overhype and then dissapoint rofl
All cloud lol. Servers will be more powerful than PS consoles, "more power", etc. ~75% of their userbase is people who eschew power for a low price, they're not wasting money towards a few million die-hards. There will be probably less than half of Wii U's sales in Xbox Series X consoles at the end of the generation, what business metrics tell you such a minute number of people is worth designing, developing, and selling a powerful SKU?

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
See, I saw farrrrrr too many rumors about Starfield and Indiana Jones being spread around by major fanboys on Twitter, saying it's the death of Xbox and all of that. It's just funny that after it was all said and done via the Podcast/Videocast that all the fire and flames was absolutely nothing.

I saw too many people freaking out and throwing fits over multiplat releases, and it turns out its the games I thought they would be lmao

I imagine those ports will come out over the next few years, or it could all be this year, who knows at this point, they never say anything. They did mention there is a showcase in June though. They also stated they have a "multi-year hardware roadmap" so all the people saying they were leaving the console business seem to be wrong as well.

straight from there blog post lol v
View attachment 4234
Xbox is already dead, only complete idiots haven't noticed it.

Xbox died in the last two week, a platform simply can't survive reach such lows.

They would never port all their games in one year, it's a slow process but it is happening.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Pretty silly thing for them to say this far out and before we know anything about what the PS6 will be. Either way, raw horsepower has never been enough to help them against Playstation and Nintendo.

Reactions: Entropi

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
gonna be on par with a NASA super computer, it will run Crysis 3 at a stable 240fps

• haha
Reactions: Entropi

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
I think they are waiting to see how long it takes for them to empty the distribution chain from the consoles that are not sold yet to decide if they are restarting production (with all the implications).,

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
Xbox is already dead, only complete idiots haven't noticed it.

Xbox died in the last two week, a platform simply can't survive reach such lows.
it very obviously isn't dead though, man. It's "dead" in the social sense for you, but for the people on said platform, its not.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
it very obviously isn't dead though, man. It's "dead" in the social sense for you, but for the people on said platform, its not.
Try to sell your used Xbox and see how much you are going to make. People don't want this garbage, it's a dead platform.

It's unprofitable and kept in a zombie like state because MS is still willing to bleed money hoping something will happen.

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
Try to sell your used Xbox and see how much you are going to make. People don't want this garbage, it's a dead platform.

It's unprofitable and kept in a zombie like state because MS is still willing to bleed money hoping something will happen.
I already sold my One back in 2018 man lmao, I don't have a console anymore, at all. I won't be getting a console, any console.

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
I will take Sarah Bond at her word, she is in a position to know far more than you or I.
When Phil says an 11/10 exclusive can't save Xbox, I don't listen.

When Sarah Bond says their next generation is going to be the most powerful ever, and to put a non-refundable downpayment on that future right now, I listen.

• haha
Reactions: SLB1904