Microsoft hacked, senior leadership emails compromised

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
But apparently they just had their security all overhauled... Guess there's always a way.

That's quite often where you are at your most vulnerable tbh. Internal tests : Yeah, for sure this is going to work, we haven't found issues. I mean, besides the one we identified before implementing it for real, suuurely we've found all the issues before live deployment.

Two seconds later : FUUUUUUUCK!

Everybody getting hacked😂

Yeah the last few years the Russians have infected and got in all kinds of corporations and governmental agencies. You hear a story pretty much every few weeks.

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
Its nowhere near as bad as Insomniac. They had a unofficial showcase last month. With a playable demo! And a port of spiderman 2 for pc.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
I don't support this same as the Insomniac hack

Hopefully nothing too damaging got discovered
If there’s a company that NEEDS AND DESERVES to be damaged by a breach, it’s Microsoft.

Not for gaming, but for their core business and the illegal and sleazy practices that are a way of life in that company.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Storing data is like storing radioactive material. The core of all this issues and why it's great to see it blow up in their face, they steal our data so it's funny to see they can't even protect heir own.

I think we need to think broader outside of gaming and look at the monopolization of AI and there Azure cloud platform... This could hurt there revenue if there is anything relevant in those emails.
Good. What is bad for MS is good for humanity.

Xbox is their least harmful division.

Old Gamer

Veteran
5 Aug 2022
Ain't no way this is getting leaked.
MS is a US national security asset, an essential instrument in paving the path for information and economical control over the rest of the world.

Whatever actual damage to US was bound to happen, it probably already has, and the public at large will not be aware of it on the short term.

They'll spread some more anti-Russia propaganda while they're at it.

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
I wasn't a fan of hacking companies for blackmail. Disgruntled staff leaking stuff is sad but not an actual hack. Nor is whistleblowing (which I approve of). I was annoyed with Insomniac over getting hacked and I'm annoyed over this. Fuck that noise.

Stupid releasing of information (MS forgetting to redact information and post it) is different as they had control the whole way through. This event is not this, this is a fucking crime.

Reactions: GrayWolf323

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Hoping no one's personal information is exposed like what happened to the folks at Insomniac. No one should have to go through that.
imagine, you return at home, and there it is, group of xbots waiting for you with flowers and candies with open mouth and tongue sticking out, ready to work out...

what a nightmare... :D

• haha
Reactions: Doncortez77

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
They hacked them with Windows Vista the GOAT OS

it crowd maurice moss GIF

angry the it crowd GIF

• haha
Reactions: GrayWolf323

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
If they really have been hacked for two months then the hackers would have access to their darkest secrets. Including vulneravilities put in purpose to spy people, governments and top companies.

Now the western propaganda is full anti-Russia and anti-China, so they'll claim the hackers are Russian or Chinese. If they really are they'd show tons of MS dark awful shit.

And I assume they won't.

Im curious for the following:
  1. Email exchanges during the CMA approval of the acquisition.
  2. If the son of the Judge who approved the merger in the US is mentioned.
  3. Any political in roads in the US was used to bend the Aquisition ruling.
  4. Any illicit emails internally to subvert people opinions
  5. The real state of affairs at the senior leadership and who are fore and against 3rd party publishing strategy
  6. Who is really calling the shots
I'm curious if they'll share about their involvement with intelligence agencies introducing spyware and backdoors on their product and servies, and potential dark plans for AI.

Plus real unannounced and still not leaked future gaming plans. Including how to handle the PR controversies regarding ABK harassment issues.

Its nowhere near as bad as Insomniac. They had a unofficial showcase last month. With a playable demo! And a port of spiderman 2 for pc.
The consequences of hacking MS are way bigger, because MS works with governments and top companies, and like all top tech companies from US work with several western intelligence agencies to allow them spy their users.

If their hackers really are Russian they'd show related stuff.

It can go way beyond than unsubstantial stuff like showing confidential gaming stuff. This is very serious.

P.S.: The Spider-Man 2 build was a PS5 development build.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vertigo

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
"The attack took place just days after Microsoft announced its plan to overhaul its software security following major Azure cloud attacks." Lol

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75
24 Jun 2022
Another one. Is there a gaming company that hasn't been hacked in recent months at this point?

This could be a real clusterfuck. Much bigger than the activision court case leak.

Nintendo, thankfully. They probably keep all their real info on private servers in Japan.

Anyhow I completely missed this happened yesterday because of the Xbox OEM rumor (and having IRL things to do, of course). I wonder how much Putin's involved in this if any but, yeah, this could end up a way bigger deal than the ABK court case or the Insomniac ransomware hack last month. This one would involve the entirety of Microsoft.

I don't care about personal information and whatnot but with any gaming leaks, I want to see it all. Give me the roadmap, your real plans, everything, let's go baby!!!

I wonder if all the bullshit gaming media and kinda funny, etc. ignore this too like they did Insomniac which in fairness they should because how is it, you can talk about every fucking hack/leak from Nvidia to Suicide Squad to Rockstar to Microsoft already to Capcom and everyone else in between but somehow Insomniac is immune? How the fuck does that work?

Can't wait to see everyone who avoided Insomniac post about 1000 articles a day about what leaked from Microsoft.

The Insomniac stuff involved actual employee data tho, such as passports and medical info, likely bank account info as well. That's why it was such a sensitive topic; I don't recall that type of info coming about from the Rockstar, Nvidia or Capcom leaks. Otherwise I'd agree with you that talking about it was fair game, and even knowing how it was different, the game-related stuff from the Insomniac ransomware hack was still up for discussion (and has been discussed since).

My issue is there were pot-stirrers who tried belittling or ignoring the actual nature of the attack on Insomniac just so they could have a guilt-free conscious in discussing the info in the hack. I saw that from many Xbox fanboys on ResetERA, like Vigilante Joker, who was trying to downplay the hack altogether within a few posts on the first page when the news broke out. That shit was disgusting.

Like if you wanted to discuss the info the hack even if the media didn't, fine, but don't pretend like the Insomniac thing wasn't a ransomware attack that involved confidential employee information being stolen. The lengths some people went to in order to justify what was essentially console warring over the leaks, was insane.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bryank75