Microsoft hacked, senior leadership emails compromised

24 Jun 2022
You’d have to look outside the gaming and PC media to find out. Check Mac sites, that’s where all the juicy details from the MS contributions to the Epic V Apple suit came out.

Appreciate it. If MSM isn't going to cover the details, we'll have to do it ourselves and spread the word.

No company's dirty laundry should stay in the closet, especially if they're Big Tech.

Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
I think we need to think broader outside of gaming and look at the monopolization of AI and there Azure cloud platform... This could hurt there revenue if there is anything relevant in those emails.
I think that their Gamepass strategy comes from the desire to adopt a "cloud/service" model throughout the company to create some synergy with rest of MS (because of the success they have with Azure).

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
I don't care about personal information and whatnot but with any gaming leaks, I want to see it all. Give me the roadmap, your real plans, everything, let's go baby!!!

I wonder if all the bullshit gaming media and kinda funny, etc. ignore this too like they did Insomniac which in fairness they should because how is it, you can talk about every fucking hack/leak from Nvidia to Suicide Squad to Rockstar to Microsoft already to Capcom and everyone else in between but somehow Insomniac is immune? How the fuck does that work?

Can't wait to see everyone who avoided Insomniac post about 1000 articles a day about what leaked from Microsoft.
I want all the leaky juicy details from all companies. The stolen code? Not good. The personal data that cane be used to steal people's identity? Really bad.

Everything else is not necessarily fair game, but I want it to leak from these big companies from time to time.

We got quite a bit from insomniac... So I'm not aure what the double standard you are talking about.

• they're_right_you_know

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
I think that their Gamepass strategy comes from the desire to adopt a "cloud/service" model throughout the company to create some synergy with rest of MS (because of the success they have with Azure).
Nutella wants every user of MS products to be paying monthly for what they use, in perpetuity. They've gone so far as to break compatibility with their own products to force conversion.

Game Pass is an extension of the biggest issue every ex-head of Xbox has talked about after leaving: MS top management fundamentally does not understand art on any level, and anything creative there is either misunderstood and strangled in its crib, or somehow makes it to market and gets milked to death if it succeeds, ending with everyone getting sick of it and then it fails.

Steve Jobs was right, "They just have no taste."

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Nutella wants every user of MS products to be paying monthly for what they use, in perpetuity. They've gone so far as to break compatibility with their own products to force conversion.
Their idea of making office a subs based product was in their mind way before it technically feasible, that was in tech articles in the early 2000s.

All businesses want recurring revenu, that makes most modern software suck.

• they're_right_you_know

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Their idea of making office a subs based product was in their mind way before it technically feasible, that was in tech articles in the early 2000s.

All businesses want recurring revenu, that makes most modern software suck.
The activation bullshit introduced in WinXP was part of the prototype subscription plan, but they could never make expiring activations work until more recently, which is why Games with Gold games were originally permanent licenses on 360.

Yes, that's right. Another thing Sony had working properly YEARS before the biggest software company in the world figured their shit out.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
The activation bullshit introduced in WinXP was part of the prototype subscription plan, but they could never make expiring activations work until more recently, which is why Games with Gold games were originally permanent licenses on 360.

Yes, that's right. Another thing Sony had working properly YEARS before the biggest software company in the world figured their shit out.
Online activation is why it's so hard to get Windows 7 working these days.

peter42O

Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
I want all the leaky juicy details from all companies. The stolen code? Not good. The personal data that cane be used to steal people's identity? Really bad.

Everything else is not necessarily fair game, but I want it to leak from these big companies from time to time.

We got quite a bit from insomniac... So I'm not aure what the double standard you are talking about.

Not everyone covered the Insomniac leak. For example, Kinda Funny and Greg miller refused to even acknowledge any of it due to Miller being in Spider Man 2 as an NPC and being really close friends with those at Insomniac even though literally the day before he talked about the Suicide Squad end-game leak. Also, plenty of other outlets didn't want to cover it but covered the Capcom hack/leak from 2020 if I remember correctly so it's okay to cover a hack/leak from a company that they may not like or be friendly with but if they are, the info and them doing their actual job is off-limits?

That's what I meant by double standard. Either A) COVER EVERY HACK/LEAK or B) DON'T COVER ANY OF THEM.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Not everyone covered the Insomniac leak. For example, Kinda Funny and Greg miller refused to even acknowledge any of it due to Miller being in Spider Man 2 as an NPC and being really close friends with those at Insomniac even though literally the day before he talked about the Suicide Squad end-game leak. Also, plenty of other outlets didn't want to cover it but covered the Capcom hack/leak from 2020 if I remember correctly so it's okay to cover a hack/leak from a company that they may not like or be friendly with but if they are, the info and them doing their actual job is off-limits?

That's what I meant by double standard. Either A) COVER EVERY HACK/LEAK or B) DON'T COVER ANY OF THEM.
Real friends provide a diaper when you leak.

and Greg Miller is an actual NPC in real life.

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022

You guys cry too much. If they report on leaks or what got to do with you

peter42O

Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
You guys cry too much. If they report on leaks or what got to do with you

Gaming media especially those who refer to themselves as journalists (lol) need to be at the very least consistent which they're not even close to being. In general, it has nothing to do with me but I don't visit the Kinda Funny's or IGN's of the world so reporting them or not means nothing but when they pick and choose, it just leads to me and others taking them even less seriously than beforehand.

Sloane_Ranger

Icon Extra
3 Jul 2023
Though I don’t like to cheerlead any type of hacking, after Microsoft actions yesterday I now hope that any emails sent internally around the layoffs are released.

• thisistheway

DJ12

3 Feb 2024
Remember when MS threatened to pull out if the UK and leave us open to cyber attacks because the CMA blocked there deal.

Looks like the UK dodged a bullet there:oops:

• party

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
I'm pretty sure now that hackers blackmailed them to go 3rd party or they will publish emails. 😁