Microsoft Q3/FY24 Report Highlights

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
JUB58g9.jpg

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella on cross-platform Xbox games: "Finally, we're expanding our games to new platforms, bringing four of our fan favorites to Nintendo Switch and Sony PlayStation for the first time. In fact, earlier this month we had 7 games among the top 25 on the PlayStation Store, more than any other publisher."

OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
it is just huge xbots cope.
At this point I am curious for what in the world did Microsoft spend $80 Billion for?
They had been fighting for two years with dirty tricks and even bribed the Senate in Washington. They have probably for real listened to their fanbase and thought people would all jump ship when they gobble up all these publishers. I swear Microsoft is the Team Rocket of the gaming-industry.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Microsoft makes a shit ton of revenue in every aspect excluding the lone one I care about - consoles. UGH and SMH.

Just thought of something...

Will the next generation Xbox console(s) that are rumored to launch in Fall 2026 be over/under the 13m units that Nintendo sold with Wii U?
They won't be consoles, unless you consider the ROG Ally a console. Because that's all it'll be. And definitely under 13m.

saltyashell

11 Feb 2024
22 billion net income in one quarter is absolutely INSANE, DAMN.

Also Xbox content & services up 61% is also very good for them.
Just imagine how much their gaming content and services and revenues will be when they start porting their games by the truckload to Playstation.

saltyashell

11 Feb 2024
At this point I am curious for what in the world did Microsoft spend $80 Billion for?
They had been fighting for two years with dirty tricks and even bribed the Senate in Washington. They have probably for real listened to their fanbase and thought people would all jump ship when they gobble up all these publishers. I swear Microsoft is the Team Rocket of the gaming-industry.
As the dust settles, it's clear that buying ABK wasn't necessarily a monopoly move to beat Playstation, but was more a desperation hail mary to keep their gaming division afloat. MS is the largest megacorp in the world and their analysts saw that the gaming division was not gonna survive with the status quo. ABK gives them a lifeline for now, but the writing is on the wall. Everyone can see it. Satya is openly boasting about their multiplatform success today. Sea of Thieves PS5 preorders must make up a good chunk of their Q3 revenue.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella on cross-platform Xbox games: "Finally, we're expanding our games to new platforms, bringing four of our fan favorites to Nintendo Switch and Sony PlayStation for the first time. In fact, earlier this month we had 7 games among the top 25 on the PlayStation Store, more than any other publisher."
What a idiot. He really doesn't understand gaming and he's just repeating what Phil tells him. All these games were already on Playstation, they didn't brought anything to anyone. Hifi-Rush was multiplat, Phil basically blocked it.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
What a idiot. He really doesn't understand gaming and he's just repeating what Phil tells him. All these games were already on Playstation, they didn't brought anything to anyone. Hifi-Rush was multiplat, Phil basically blocked it.
To be fair satya has always come across as someone who blows a shitton of hot air and says nothing meaningful. Every one of his interviews I've seen he always spews corporate garbo-speak which are intended to sound good but convey zero useful information. He and Phil are very similar in that regard.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
22 billion net income in one quarter is absolutely INSANE, DAMN.

Also Xbox content & services up 61% is also very good for them.
Using Microsoft corp revenue as cope. Another bot in the house 😒

Did someone ever used Sony Corporation revenue when talking about Playstation? I've never seen that. I don't even know how much money they make.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
But but but Xbox revenue is up 60%…

Xbots ignores all Acrivision Blizzard revenue they didn’t have last year and they are only 60% up lol

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
take a look at this, guys, this is PlayStation 6 in the 2030s, just like Xbox, the PC push didn't had an immediate effect back in 2016, the effect was felt years after, one generation after to be more precise
You can already see the sales slowed down somewhat unexpectedly. Their 25 millions target was ridiculous but still, they missed it by such a huge amount the price can't explain everything. There's other factors starting to take root.

Etifilio

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
You can already see the sales slowed down somewhat unexpectedly. Their 25 millions target was ridiculous but still, they missed it by such a huge amount the price can't explain everything. There's other factors starting to take root.
PS5 unfortunately will be the last PlayStation console to surpass the 100 million mark, and it'll sell less than PS4, i don't think it will be able to surpass 118M