Microsoft set to lay off thousands of employees tomorrow

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Microsoft’s latest job cuts are expected to be significantly larger than the 1 percent in 2022.

Microsoft is preparing to announce job cuts tomorrow. Sky News reports that thousands of roles will be cut, with the software giant said to be looking at cutting around 5 percent of its workforce. With more than 220,000 employees at Microsoft, that could mean more than 10,000 layoffs.

Note: ABK has 9,500 employees. Acquisition does not equate to better working conditions or job security. Corporations care about profit. #ActivisionBlizzard

TheVerge

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
why can't they dip into the infinite war chest that they were going to use to go scorched earth on sony and buy up all japanese developers upcoming games?

richest company in the wo--

4917321-1585328667.jpg

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
why can't they dip into the infinite war chest that they were going to use to go scorched earth on sony and buy up all japanese developers upcoming games?

richest company in the wo--

4917321-1585328667.jpg
Layoffs really aren't the right topic to try and dunk on people.

• noneofmybizz
Reactions: KiryuRealty

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
@adamsapple hope you will find something new soon, bud!

Jokes aside, sad news, but not unexpected. MS unfortunately isn't the first and won't be the last affected by current economic situation. For many it will be hard, but for others it might be a good opportunity to find success elsewhere.

Reactions: riesgoyfortuna

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Man that is awful, this probably has nothing to do with it but those people that left from playground games i think, is this maybe something to do with it?

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
I wanna say I should be surprised at the stupidity of some of the responses .. but I can't.

Man that is awful, this probably has nothing to do with it but those people that left from playground games i think, is this maybe something to do with it?

That is a very small subset in a studio in one of their divisions.

These layoffs are from their entire global workforce, not specific to the gaming division.

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
Imagine if they had $70B to spare to weather the storm

And all these fake paid for workforce representatives encouraging a colossal take over. How many redundancies would occur - you don't need duplication, efficiency is the goal.
big layoffs after mergers are a common occurrence.

i wonder (i don't think so yet) if and when Bethesda redundancy layoffs are going to drop.

Reactions: Shmunter