Microsoft set to lay off thousands of employees tomorrow

FIREK2029

24 Jun 2022
Fighting in court to make a $70 Billion publisher acquisition while laying off 10,000 people is fucked up any way you look at it.

I don't know what the hell is going on at MS but they have their priorities fucked up.

They can't take care of their own and they are trying to consolidate the entire industry and some people are cheering them on.

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
gotta get rid of useless eaters at their failed homegrown studios like 343. now that halo's been mined for all its worth and left for dead, time to throw out the studio responsible and steal COD as its replacement.

when that one gets used up like gutter oil, oh well just move on buy whatever becomes popular next.

MS and Xbox are truly toxic to this industry, man. It's just so depressing to see them get away with this shit. countless studios, IPs, and now people's lives ruined, all to satiate Phil Conman's deranged ego.

Phil should be in prison.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
gotta get rid of useless eaters at their failed homegrown studios like 343. now that halo's been mined for all its worth and left for dead, time to throw out the studio responsible and steal COD as its replacement.

when that one gets used up like gutter oil, oh well just move on buy whatever becomes popular next.

MS and Xbox are truly toxic to this industry, man. It's just so depressing to see them get away with this shit. countless studios, IPs, and now people's lives ruined, all to satiate Phil Conman's deranged ego.

Phil should be in prison.
To 'save' Halo I think they could simply replace 343 management and leads with some people from CoD, ID software, wolfenstein. I think there's potential in that brand. Regarding the fired people, I assume all or most of them will easily find a new place super soon.

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022

F***ing conman piece of trash. he should resign for what he's done to xbox, and the hurt he delivered to his customers over the past decade. No games, no real exclusives period, and launching overpriced console after console with no software in sight.

this man is truly evil and awful. A true shyster, lowlife, and conman through and through.

Snake Oil Phil

recieves lifetime achievement award after award for being 3rd place, then parties with sting after laying off 10k innocent people, and has ripped off countless xbox owners with no AAA exclusives for a decade. The sheer privilege on display here is mind boggling.

Last edited:

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com

This is the way...

and also Satoru Iwata expressed it very well when he said, he didn't think the creators at Nintendo would be able to make the best and most enjoyable games if they were fearing layoffs and job cuts....instead the executives took pay cuts.

But in Microsoft they had a party with Sting the night before firing 10,000 people.

It just contrasts how the companies work, how one puts the creativity of people first and another uses predatory and destructive / nefarious techniques to extract everything they can by force from their workers and then dispose of them.

I hope many other developers are reaching out to the people who were laid off....

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Uncle Phil sent an email.

343i, Bethesda, The Coalition, etc are affected.

It seems like the typical MS strategy… buy a company and kill it.

Reactions: FIREK2029

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
I am confused @adamsapple, what are you trying to say about my inquiry?

It's a genuine question, stop trying to see evil where there is no evil FFS.

betsy palmer fight GIF
The green persecution complex is real!