Microsoft set to lay off thousands of employees tomorrow

24 Jun 2022
Welp, there it is.

Good luck to the people losing their jobs. Really sucks for them, I would imagine. I'm just curious how many of these are from the Xbox & Zenimax side of things, since we know for sure now at least SOME of the job cuts are from that side.

OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
I have the feeling this will backfire at them. Not a good outlook buying a big corporation for $70B and lay off 11k employees (also from gaming divisions).

Reactions: riesgoyfortuna

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Crazy. 10k out of 200k+ is a lot.
They keep buying dead franchises. What are they expecting

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022

Including in it's gaming divisions? What is Apple of Addam saying now. Apple, no one wants anyone to lose their jobs, not even your worse enemy. Everybody has their families and they need to eat, but it would be pretty naive to think that a gaming division has been so lacklustre for so many years and not get the chops if it's happening company wide....

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Including in it's gaming divisions? What is Apple of Addam saying now. Apple, no one wants anyone to lose their jobs, not even your worse enemy. Everybody has their families and they need to eat, but it would be pretty naive to think that a gaming division has been so lacklustre for so many years and not get the chops if it's happening company wide....

I don't recall saying there won't ever be any layoffs in the gaming division ?

They have a total workforce of 240k and hired almost 100k people over the last 2~3 years. Probably a lot of redundancy and hiring that was done during the pandemic that is being let go.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Between Microsoft, ubisoft, and activsion blizzard, Western Publishers are a train wreck.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
image.png

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022

was bound t happen at 343 after Halo Infinite flopped, that's just the nature of delivering a bad end product. Hope they land on their feet, but the industry has always worked this way, and they should have been prepared after Halo Infinite's dismal reception.

Bethesda hasn't delivered anything for Xbox yet, and they've been hit with layoffs already. Wow.

I hope Tango Gameworks is unaffected. With how much MS disrespects Japan and the Japanese market, I'm sure Tango's at the bottom of the totem pole in the MS hierarchy. They must be worried right now coming after Ghostwire Tokyo.

• brain
Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Happens all the time. But right now employees shouldnt be sacked if you can throw around close to 100’s of billions elsewhere. People need their jobs in these times.

Does lay offs in Marketing include Xbox ambassador shills lol?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 417

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
Happens all the time. But right now employees shouldnt be sacked if you can throw around close to 100’s of billions elsewhere. People need their jobs in these times.

Does lay offs in Marketing include Xbox ambassador shills lol?
Free labor? Doubt.

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
wonder if starfield and redfall will be delayed again. a significant portion of the workforce is now gone.

sad to see.

Especially when they have 70B tied up in he illegal acquisition of activision. that 3B kill fee they have to pay no matter what could have paid all of these folks salaries and then some.