Microsoft: We are in a very unique position to be able to go spend Sony out of business

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
The arrogance of MS is absurd:

“We (Microsoft) are in a very unique position to be able to go spend Sony out of business,” said Booty, referencing spending $2 billion or $3 billion in 2020 to avoid competitors getting ahead in content at a later date."

“It is practically impossible for anyone to start a new video streaming service at scale at this point,”
said Booty, referencing competitors like Google, Amazon, and Sony. Booty described content as a moat and that only Sony could really compete with Game Pass:

They could not have been more careless and anyone that doesn't admit seeing it at this point is not being honest. They pretty much confirm all the FTC and CMA concerns themselves.

img_6222-jpeg.1710

reminder: this is the stuff MS was comfortable saying openly on internal emails.

Last edited:

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
This is exactly what they are trying to do, it's all so obvious and now we have them saying it on record.

If Microsoft is not stopped from acquiring anymore gaming companies, then the system is too broken and everything needs to go back to 0.

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
The mask is off. If that judge at the FTC trial don't give them the injunction she's corrupted to the core.

They are going with Sega next, in their way to monopolize the industry as we said years ago.

For those of us that never bought the good guy, pro consumer act MS was putting on - this isn't exactly the most surprising news, is it? I sincerely hope this manages to get through to more people. Watching MS paint themselves as a victim of evil Sony has been truly insufferable to watch.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
"Was"? I think they're still trying to. If there hadn't been push back by regulators, the entire ABK catalogue would already be scheduled to no longer appear on Sony and Nintendo platforms.
Was is The Verge trying to spin it.

They changed their mind as they were trying to buy ABK and more? Doubt.

This was when this gen was about to start and Xbox was all confident on their plans.

OP
OP
Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
The best part is the specific mention about it being worth to lose $billions every year to not allow any competition in services.

We all knew it...

But does anyone else feel angry when they see it written out like that?

The arrogance... the lack of care for the industry.... they just want to own the industry nomatter if it's worse for everyone.
The only thing that makes me angry is that some idiots actually believe Phil Spencer bullshit or that MS is the good guy.

None of this is surprising, it was always obvious what they were trying to do, now it's just undeniable and in writing for everyone to see.

Last edited:

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
The best part is the specific mention about being worth to lose $billions every years to not allow any competition in services.

See that's exactly the issue with all these regulators.. they are there counting pennies to ascertain if Microsoft will be making more by keeping a game on PS or making it exclusive and it misses the entire point... Microsoft don't give a shit. Pushing Sony out gives them the entire industry basically.

It's so disingenuous and it's actually sickening that the EU allowed it through...all they want is to collect money from these corps. There is no law..they run the EU like the Mafia.

OP
OP
Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
This is the company that only a few years ago launched a PR campaign to public shame Sony into allowing crossplay with Xbox to help them with their poor player base (all while planning to take Sony out of business and after refusing to do this exact same thing in the past when they were in a better position).

The same company that now wants to play the victim to be allowed move forward with this plan.

MS is vile and can never be trusted.