Microsoft: We are in a very unique position to be able to go spend Sony out of business

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
no resources :D
Sport Smile GIF by National Women's Soccer League's Soccer League
Gamespot's trademarked statement.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Are any big news outlets reporting this?

Some are, yes.

Halo is garbage mate only sad boomer like u play that game :ROFLMAO:

Go get that funny spiky pistol and start chasing some short alien 🤣

Halo is good.

343 killed it.

Don't know Sony did this with Sega and cornered Nintendo with keeping off games away from them This is just all the karma sony has accumulated and just biting them back.

Hmm what? This is Microsoft trying to remove Sony out of the competition by making people that would have bought a PlayStation for CoD buying an Xbox instead.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Some are, yes.

Halo is good.

343 killed it.

Hmm what? This is Microsoft trying to remove Sony out of the competition by making people that would have bought a PlayStation for CoD buying an Xbox instead.
Halo WAS good. past tense.

Playstation Sucka

8 Jan 2023
Some are, yes.

Halo is good.

343 killed it.

And that's why regulators stepped in i am sure this would be enough to allay the fears because they will have a legal binding in the court
The PlayStation themselves aren't trying to create a fps for their core audience what is really stopping them to create Socom or Killzone but just bigger

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
And that's why regulators stepped in i am sure this would be enough to allay the fears because they will have a legal binding in the court
The PlayStation themselves aren't trying to create a fps for their core audience what is really stopping them to create Socom or Killzone but just bigger
i think, that PS players weren't so interest in FPS when Sony made God Tier shooters.. so it could be inferior complex in them and why refused to do it for many years? looks like it is changing, how much? we will see. but they invested ton of money into it.

Playstation Sucka

8 Jan 2023
i think, that PS players weren't so interest in FPS when Sony made God Tier shooters.. so it could be inferior complex in them and why refused to do it for many years? looks like it is changing, how much? we will see. but they invested ton of money into it.
They got Bungie now they can create great fps titles with top-notch gameplay experience just by letting them help other PlayStation sister studios imagine a Killzone battle royale and a MAWLR (Killzone 3) firing in the background

OP
OP
Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Halo WAS good. past tense.
Halo was never good. Halo is from 2001, Half-Life 2 is from 2004.

It's an FPS on a console so pretty much already set itself for failure. It's great achievement is to make a dominant PC genre "playable" on consoles with aim assist.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Halo was never good. Halo is from 2001, Half-Life 2 is from 2004.

It's an FPS on a console so pretty much already set itself for failure. It's great achievement is to make a dominant PC genre "playable" on consoles with aim assist.
come on, man, Halo was really good, back in the day. it is okey to admit it :)

• sad
Reactions: Playstation Sucka
OP
OP
Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
come on, man, Halo was really good, back in the day. it is okey to admit it :)
No it wasn't. I played it on release on PC in 2003. It was unimpressive and mediocre.

Go and play the Anniversary Edition if you doubt me, aged like milk, it's pure torture with terrible game design.

Was the multiplayer good? Also no, because at that point games like Counter-Strike already existed (and Battlefield were about to be released).

I have no problem to admit when an Xbox game is good (it's just rarely the case including the games they are nostalgic for).

VillaiN

10 Feb 2023
No it wasn't. I played it on release on PC in 2003. It was unimpressive and mediocre.

Go and play the Anniversary Edition if you doubt me, aged like milk, it's pure torture with terrible game design.

Was the multiplayer good? Also no, because at that point games like Counter-Strike already existed (and Battlefield were about to be released).

I have no problem to admit when an Xbox game is good (it's just rarely the case including the games they are nostalgic for).
At that time it was great for me. It didnt have competition on console, maybe we cant judge. At least 1 and 2. Havent played for a long so cant comment how it aged.
I played also on pc from counter, unreal, battlefield. Mostly battlefield.

Xbox doesnt have manny standout ips, but for me Halo was that ij early 2000

OP
OP
Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
At that time it was great for me. It didnt have competition on console, maybe we cant judge. At least 1 and 2. Havent played for a long so cant comment how it aged.
I played also on pc from counter, unreal, battlefield. Mostly battlefield.

Xbox doesnt have manny standout ips, but for me Halo was that ij early 2000
I don't doubt it was great, for you. I guess mediocrity might come off as greatness if it's not competing with anything else like your pointed out.