Microsoft: We are in a very unique position to be able to go spend Sony out of business

Playstation Sucka

8 Jan 2023
Halo is garbage mate only sad boomer like u play that game :ROFLMAO:
Sad 90 Day Fiance GIF by TLC Europe

• haha
Reactions: Airbus

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Why'd the mods let someone who was clearly trying to register as PlayStation Sucks but can't spell because of his chubby churro fingers onto the forum?

Let him stew like the rest of the Xbots. Xbox is going third party after this acquisition is abandoned. ABK getting ready to walk away. Their stock is rising despite the CMA conclusively blocking it meaning they know they don't need MS.

Playstation Sucka

8 Jan 2023
Why'd the mods let someone who was clearly trying to register as PlayStation Sucks but can't spell because of his chubby churro fingers onto the forum?

Let him stew like the rest of the Xbots. Xbox is going third party after this acquisition is abandoned. ABK getting ready to walk away. Their stock is rising despite the CMA conclusively blocking it meaning they know they don't need MS.
Check your eyes look at my username again they are already a hybrid third party and no they are not going to wait for the CMA unless FTC keeps on appealing in the court to stall the deal so they are going to close the deal without the CMA before July 18th that unless the FTC is no more interested in pursuing the case against MS if they are than its going to be closed before July 18

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Check your eyes look at my username again they are already a hybrid third party and no they are not going to wait for the CMA unless FTC keeps on appealing in the court to stall the deal so they are going to close the deal without the CMA before July 18th that unless the FTC is no more interested in pursuing the case against MS if they are than its going to be closed before July 18
Is that what really going on in your head?

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
But Sony did had a hand in it are we just going to push it aside
Sony was pretty much going to do the same to Xbox like Sega fortunately for you guys Microsoft has the money

No, they didn't. There was only 1 company that benefitted from Sega's downfall: Microsoft. They got to occupy the console space they filled, and got to have a load of exclusive sega games to kickstart their venture in the console market.

Sega were the ones that released the 32x and the Sega CD almost concurrently. Sega were the ones that released a PS1 competitor that was nothing more than a 2D machine with tacked on 3D capabilities. Sega were the ones that trusted Microsoft for their Dreamcast OS without any sort of piracy prevention. They were also the ones that fucked their relationship with EA. They committed seppuku

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

DForce

Icon Extra
24 Jun 2022
But Sony did had a hand in it are we just going to push it aside
Sony was pretty much going to do the same to Xbox like Sega fortunately for you guys Microsoft has the money

And what moves did Sony make to run Sega out of business?

Just about every single thing documented their downfall as a result of their own poor decisions.

- Sega 32X, SegaCD didn't help Sega compete with Nintendo.
- Gamegear flopped as a handheld and couldn't compete with Gameboy.
- Sega Saturn was rushed out of the door, expensive, and had a major lack of 1st party titles. They also had major supply issues. It was also a pain in the @$@ for developers.
- Dreamcast didn't have the titles or the power to compete with the PlayStation 2. It was DOA as soon as the PS2 was announced. Sega gimped on the graphics processor to make the console more powerful.

Sega had a chance to team up with Sony on a new console, but Sega of Japan refused.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Likely for them to do a similar deal was expensive to a point it didn’t make business since. Hell we saw just to keep COD they had to give ABK an extra 10% revenue just to keep parity, but still can’t market the game on their platform.

Sony didn’t need to be as aggressive as they were to keep their continued dominance. They just thought MS had no breaking point and now MS is holding nearly the whole WRPG genre hostage.
Sony have the same deal, even when they have marketing rights and pays hundreds millions on top.
Sony actually have way worse.

Didn't make business sense? By buying they lost way way more then contracting exclusivity.
They will never recoup or will take decades to recoup all those 7.5B+retention+deal going through.

Old Gamer

Veteran
5 Aug 2022
Yup kotick probably isn't going to renegotiate so they will let Activision exit the UK don't think they are missing up on a deal of a lifetime just because of just one jurisdiction also even if they renegotiate they will have to pay a higher share price probably in the midst of 100 or 110 so per share which MS will not agree to so the best option is to do it now
You don't seem to care for ABK games in UK.
Are you American?

Playstation Sucka

8 Jan 2023
You don't seem to care for ABK games in UK.
Are you American?
I think it's been going around that MS would skip UK if it's necessary for them and let another publisher publish ABK games instead of them Square enix used to publish Acti games in Japan

Old Gamer

Veteran
5 Aug 2022
I think it's been going around that MS would skip UK if it's necessary for them and let another publisher publish ABK games instead of them Square enix used to publish Acti games in Japan
But how would this affect you? Where are you from? I'm in Europe and reduction of platform choices worries me.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022

Oh god, it's like Xbox fanatics are part of a hive mind.

That cannot happen - The CMA has forbidden both companies from engaging in business for a period of a decade. This is open to interpretation, because I'm sure they won't be against MS paying to have exclusive games, but what you described is not possible. MS engaging in that type of behaviour would just have their organisation issued massive fines and even being forbidden from selling their products in the UK.

We're talking about not being able to sell Windows, Office, Azure, etc. You know, their actual profitable products, contrary to the money sink known as xbox.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Cool hand luke

Playstation Sucka

8 Jan 2023
Oh god, it's like Xbox fanatics are part of a hive mind.

That cannot happen - The CMA has forbidden both companies from engaging in business for a period of a decade. This is open to interpretation, because I'm sure they won't be against MS paying to have exclusive games, but what you described is not possible. MS engaging in that type of behaviour would just have their organisation issued massive fines and even being forbidden from selling their products in the UK.

We're talking about not being able to sell Windows, Office, Azure, etc. You know, their actual profitable products, contrary to the money sink known as xbox.
What you said makes sense but who knows what they have planned 🧐

daniel5043

Veteran
19 Jan 2023
That's the biggest load of wank. I have ever seen what TIT thought that would happen