Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
One thing ive been thinking is how short sighted nintendo is taking part in this clown show. Yes today microsoft is your buddy willing to play ball, but thats only because theyre focused on sony. What does nintendo think is going to happen if sony isnt around to take the brunt of microsofts attention? Its not like nintendo is immune to a flop console once in awhile either. I get why nintendo would want cod on their platform, but to be an actor in microsoft screwing over sony, publicly, seems in bad taste to me. Obviously im biased though.
Fuck them, before Microsoft entered the console world, Nintendo WAS the Microsoft of the console world!

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Wtf the deal goes through?
Final judgement is not until late April. Nothing has been decided yet, MS have just struck another deal in the hopes that regulators will change their minds and ket it through. People are currently debating whether or not it will work.

Reactions: Puff

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
What I infer from this behavior is that currently MS is trying to throw its weight behind an "inevitability" strategy - 'the deal is inevitable so get your concessions in or you get nothing.' is the message they're trying to run with. They are trying to align as much public sentiment behind the deal to pressure the EU and are trying to present a united front with previous opposition. IMO this shows that MS knows that the deal is in serious trouble and are trying everything in their power to shake the regulators. Fascinating stuff.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Don’t seem like much changed after today. I still feel like cma is a no go.
i believe if ms went full 3rd party this shit would sail right thro.
Yeah, the extremely public/ media based strategy is an interesting one vs Sony's which is mostly behind closed doors. MS are really banking on public pressure to force this over the finish line.

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
Yeah, the extremely public/ media based strategy is an interesting one vs Sony's which is mostly behind closed doors. MS are really banking on public pressure to force this over the finish line.
Trying to win over public opinion is not the best move for them. by doing that MS must think that most of the gaming audience is either uninformed or have low intelligence. Most of us is smart enough to see through their BS. I will not be putting pressure, cheering on or defending a trillion dollar company to be successful at consolidating this industry and run it into the ground.

Reactions: Gods&Monsters

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Trying to win over public opinion is not the best move for them. by doing that MS must think that most of the gaming audience is either uninformed or have low intelligence. Most of us is smart enough to see through their BS. I will not be putting pressure, cheering on or defending a trillion dollar company to be successful at consolidating this industry and run it into the ground.
I think part of a PR-based strategy is to try and create a situation where the regulators feel pressure to approve the deal for fear of backlash from the public. I know a vocal minority concentrated in enthusiast forums and social media may be angry, but I wonder how much the average Joe would care if the deal doesn't go through. They would get COD either way.

Reactions: Doncortez77

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
I think part of a PR-based strategy is to try and create a situation where the regulators feel pressure to approve the deal for fear of backlash from the public. I know a vocal minority concentrated in enthusiast forums and social media may be angry, but I wonder how much the average Joe would care if the deal doesn't go through. They would get COD either way.
I understand that. The regulators wouldn’t be doing their job right if they allow the public to sway their opinions. If they see a reason for concern, and hope they follow and laws and regulations needed to back up any doubts they have about allowing this merger.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
They can’t negotiate with something they don’t own. Sony ain’t trying to play that game. Lulu trying to get a payout and don’t give a fuck about the work conditions of ABK employees

If MS were as petty as some of you guys think they are, Minecraft would be off of PS years ago. Minecraft, the single highest selling game of all time that still comes in top download charts even now.

If they say they want to keep it on PS and also bring it to Nintendo consoles, it's probably a decision made with finances and revenue in mind.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I understand that. The regulators wouldn’t be doing their job right if they allow the public to sway their opinions. If they see a reason for concern, and hope they follow and laws and regulations needed to back up any doubts they have about allowing this merger.
Yeah, ultimately we'll probably have to wait until late March to start getting hints about what the regulators think about these recent developments.

Reactions: Doncortez77

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Unfortunately it's the extreme weirdos which are exactly the type of "vocal minority" that would be the people who send death threats and harass people.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

One eyed jacks

10 Feb 2023
The more Microsoft and Activision keep talking the more they keep getting caught in their web of lies.

Microsoft said not long ago it wasn’t about Call of Duty until CMA called their bluff and now suddenly it’s all about Call of Duty!
Any regulator will see that behavioural remedies is a slippery slope that Microsoft is prepared for.. I don’t see how this changes anything CMA have said about divesting COD or else deal is off.