Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
His statement in the article goes against what what they was originally saying we need this deal to compete.

They even wheeled out Salty Nutella to go on a let us compete press run. Now he's saying Xbox will be ok and still exist if the deal is blocked.
I’m sure XBox will exist, but as a third-party publisher within a year.

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
Remember ppl we need xbox, we need a better xbox doing what they did on the 360 era, leaving Sony alone in the market will be another disaster
Nah if Xbox don't have the knowledge, passion and drive to put out a compelling product market that would be adopted by the majority. They need to bow out and let a real contender rise to the challenge

D

Deleted member 417

I feel like in the event that anyone were to actually leave the market, someone would take their place.
The problem with that is that there are worse companies than Microsoft waiting in the wings.

Can you imagine Apple releasing another console? £5000 consoles and screaching Apple fans telling us why overly-expensive hardware is superior just because it has an apple on it.

Good God, Apple fans would be like Nintendo fans on crack with the entitlement of PC gamers and disingenuous, brain-washed mentality of Xbox fans.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
The problem with that is that there are worse companies than Microsoft waiting in the wings.

Can you imagine Apple releasing another console? £5000 consoles and screaching Apple fans telling us why overly-expensive hardware is superior just because it has an apple on it.

Good God, Apple fans would be like Nintendo fans on crack with the entitlement of PC gamers and disingenuous, brain-washed mentality of Xbox fans.
Apple already has a console.

The Apple TV. Cheaper and more powerful than the Switch, wide variety of games, easy to use and supports 4K beautifully.

But don’t let reality get in the way of your hateboner.

D

Deleted member 417

Apple already has a console.

The Apple TV.
Spock Encerio GIF

Reactions: riesgoyfortuna

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
Thats why im asking? Who? Amazon? As much i dont like xbox fanboys, we need xbox to be competent
200w.gif

Dont get me wrong. Competition is good and all
But Xbox is not the golden child nor should get a free pass because of this arbitrary notion that we need them here to compete.
As I said before if a company has the passion, drive and understanding on how to put out an attractive product or service, it would grow enough to compete.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
200w.gif

Dont get me wrong. Competition is good and all
But Xbox is not the golden child nor should get a free pass because of this arbitrary notion that we need them here to compete.
As I said before if a company has the passion, drive and understanding on how to put out an attractive product or service, it would grow enough to compete.
Exactly. We really don't need Big Tech Microsoft for any of that "competition". Pfizer can try to make a console if they wish whatever.