Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

gokuss4

28 Jan 2023
Fuck vigilante joker, fuck setsutsage, fuck vixolus, fuck agent breezy, fuck manabyte, fuck addamsapple, fuck emz, fuck tr1upaya, fuck gay bowser, fuck dustin legarie, fuck colt eastwood, fuck Tom warren, fuck lulu cheng, and fuck the rest of idiots i forgot to mention
This news have broke your souls, iam in gonna have some champagne, life its good

Rule brittania, rule above the waves

Last edited:
  • Shake
Reactions: Cool hand luke

One eyed jacks

10 Feb 2023

"I Don’t Want A New Call Of Duty Deal. I Just Want To Block Your Merger.”​

images
Ding dong the box is dead! 😂

All hail the return of the King jimbo!

OP
OP
Satoru

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
No idea what you talking about, I just saying many Xbox fan ain't going to survive this.

Basically, the CMA has determined the following:

In relation to console gaming services, we found that Xbox (Microsoft) and PlayStation (Sony) compete closely with each other, and that Activision’s Call of Duty (CoD) is important to the competitive offering of each. The evidence suggests, however, that Microsoft would not find it financially beneficial to make CoD exclusive to Xbox after the Merger. We also found that making CoD available on Xbox on better terms than on PlayStation would not materially harm PlayStation’s ability to compete. On this basis, we found that the Merger would not substantially reduce competition in console gaming services in the UK.

And then

We compared the RCBs that would be foregone from prohibition to the harm that would arise from the SLC. We believe the likely future growth, competitive dynamism and innovation in the cloud gaming market that would be substantially reduced as a result of the Merger would lead to a significantly greater level of harm to UK consumers than any RCBs foregone. We also considered other factors such as the broader international context and extra- territorial impact of prohibition, but we found no effective remedy that would address the SLC in the UK without having an impact outside of the UK. Furthermore, given our SLC finding and the absence of an alternative effective remedy, we consider that prohibition is not disproportionate in order to protect competition and consumers in the UK.

On this basis, the CMA has decided to prohibit the Merger.