Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Activision went to Facebook first. They said no. Kotick literally went to Spencer. Spencer went to Nadella. Nadella basically said hell yeah and well, here we are. Of course, the Kotick/ABK shit led to them selling but who's fault is that? Microsoft's? LOL. That's Kotick's fault for being a fucked up human being who saw a way out while getting a massive payout.
No, they went to Facebook after MS made their offer (when the article came out). That was just Bobby making his due diligence to show the shareholders he checked if there was another offer (to get a better price).

It was all explained by @Three in the GAF thread with the SEC fillings. You are active in that thread so you should have seen it.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty
P

peter42O

No, they went to Facebook after MS made their offer (when the article came out). That was just Bobby making his due diligence to show the shareholders he checked if there was another offer (to get a better price).

It was all explained by @Three in the GAF thread with the SEC fillings. You are active in that thread so you should have seen it.

Do you have the posts numbers for that in the GAF thread? I'm not going through 18K+ posts. And are you sure it's 2021? Because Microsoft did offer to buy ABK in 2020 and Kotick said no.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Do you have the posts numbers for that in the GAF thread? I'm not going through 18K+ posts. And are you sure it's 2021? Because Microsoft did offer to buy ABK in 2020 and Kotick said no.
Read around post #15,981 you can go down that page

Or you can read it yourself on page 31 of the SEC filing. Phil asked about buying Acti on November 19 2021 while they were on the phone talking about the controversy (the article asking for his head came out on Nov 16).

He 100% took advantage while Bobby was down.

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
It’s Payback Time!
Google and Nvidia joining Sony in expressing their concerns to FTC. Karma is there for blocking Nividia’s Arm deal.

I've already seen Xbox fans attacking Google and Nvidia. The 'evil Sony oppressing poor, little MS' brigade is going to have to expand their minds and narrative because of this new information. 😸

I wonder what shifts and conspiracy theories we'll soon see due to this.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
I've already seen Xbox fans attacking Google and Nvidia. The 'evil Sony oppressing poor, little MS' brigade is going to have to expand their minds and narrative because of this new information. 😸

I wonder what shifts and conspiracy theories we'll soon see due to this.

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
It’s Payback Time!
Google and Nvidia joining Sony in expressing their concerns to FTC. Karma is there for blocking Nividia’s Arm deal.

I find it ironic when it comes to Nvidia they have close to a monopoly in GPU sector, and since they were the leading market share over like 65% if not more CMA blocked the arm deal. Which they should. If Nividia had Radeon's marketshare the deal would have gone through.

I think this deal still goes through but with massive concessions, and that was my original thought back in Feb 2022.

Those are actually fake tweets I found out but he did call out FTC and told Lina Kahn to resign:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Darth Vader

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Jez is just one of the many "independents" under Microsoft's payroll. It's honestly sad that people subject themselves to this kind of ass kissing.

• they're_right_you_know

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
Jez is just one of the many "independents" under Microsoft's payroll. It's honestly sad that people subject themselves to this kind of ass kissing.
the funny thing about that sad man that he is "respected" on xbox communities like the resetera one,its a case of "its a dumb idiot" but is "our dumb idiot"

D

Deleted member 223

He's getting paid to shill, so not sure about the idiot part. Job security and paycheck depends largely on the viability and existence of the Xbox brand - prime incentive. The forumners on the other hand... well...

Likewise for "dear" Sony. Some get paid, some do not.

Last edited by a moderator:

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I find it ironic when it comes to Nvidia they have close to a monopoly in GPU sector, and since they were the leading market share over like 65% if not more CMA blocked the arm deal. Which they should. If Nividia had Radeon's marketshare the deal would have gone through.

I think this deal still goes through but with massive concessions, and that was my original thought back in Feb 2022.

Those are actually fake tweets I found out but he did call out FTC and told Lina Kahn to resign:

I'm sure Jez's actually response will be in his podcast and will, in essence, say the same thing, lol.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
He's getting paid to shill, so not sure about the idiot part. Job security and paycheck depends largely on the viability and existence of the Xbox brand - prime incentive. The forumners on the other hand... well...

Likewise for "dear" Sony. Some get paid, some do not.
one, is be paid and have integrity, the other, is act as an idiot.
going on internet and asking that other people would be fired, spread lies and etc...

• they're_right_you_know
P

peter42O

@Gods&Monsters

I read those posts and okay, even so, that doesn't change anything because ABK STILL had to be willing to sell and accept Microsoft's offer. Some of you act like Microsoft went in to Bobby's office and held a gun to his head. Plus he said no first in order to jack up the price which in all honesty, is what everyone would do in his situation. You never ever accept the first offer. Both companies still have to agree with the acquisition. Everyone here blames Microsoft but act as if Kotick didn't say yes. lol

D

Deleted member 223

one, is be paid and have integrity, the other, is act as an idiot.
going on internet and asking that other people would be fired, spread lies and etc...
As an unofficial attack dog he has the leeway, something Greenberg for example wouldn't be able to do himself but would love to have some expendables create the noise to rattle the cage at key targets (whether that is a competitor or the FTC, or whomever) . This is one of many reasons companies hire other companies which hire other companies to do perception management on the net for them so when you need to get dirty, you have the option, with several layers of plausible deniability, instead of being ammo-less. Don't make it personal as to what you would do, and project integrity into it. This deal falls through due to the FTC and the viability of Xbox inside MS takes a massive hit - specially now that the stakes are high. The deal falling through speaks not just of Phil (he'll be the fall guy like Mattrick), but of Nadella as well. The outcome of this deal directly threatens his job security as a mostly gaming oriented MS beat writer. Survival instincts tell him to attack, and he does. Again, to project what you would do, while not a virtue signal, is the improper way of analyzing it. And the improper way to read what I just wrote is to think I'm justifying the behavior. I'm just providing a plausible explanation for what you see. If you've ever come into contact daily with marketing/sales departments, specially of particularly cutthroat industries (you wouldn't believe the level of dishonesty), you would understand how this comes to be. Maybe what throws people off is the "press" label. Double speak in a sense.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Read around post #15,981 you can go down that page

Or you can read it yourself on page 31 of the SEC filing. Phil asked about buying Acti on November 19 2021 while they were on the phone talking about the controversy (the article asking for his head came out on Nov 16).

He 100% took advantage while Bobby was down.

@Gods&Monsters

I read those posts and okay, even so, that doesn't change anything because ABK STILL had to be willing to sell and accept Microsoft's offer. Some of you act like Microsoft went in to Bobby's office and held a gun to his head. Plus he said no first in order to jack up the price which in all honesty, is what everyone would do in his situation. You never ever accept the first offer. Both companies still have to agree with the acquisition. Everyone here blames Microsoft but act as if Kotick didn't say yes. lol
Of course it didn't change anything for you 🙄

At least you'll stop repeating the myth that Activision wanted to sell. If the deal fails they'll stay independent. They are not in the market and never were before that day.

• they're_right_you_know
P

peter42O

Of course it didn't change anything for you 🙄

At least you'll stop repeating the myth that Activision wanted to sell. If the deal fails they'll stay independent. They are not in the market and never were before that day.

Why would it change anything for me? Kotick STILL accepted the offer. That hasn't changed nor does it change anything. You're mad because Microsoft went after ABK while they were "down"? Is that it? That's what a great company does. That's what a great business does. Seriously, you guys are so up in your feelings for Sony and PlayStation that no matter what Microsoft does, doesn't do or if they did everything the way you want them to do, you still wouldn't be happy. You guys will never be satisfied with Microsoft and Xbox which is why as an Xbox fan, I always say, fuck everyone else. Too bad. Life sucks. Deal with it. Move on. lmao

I say the same with Sony and Nintendo. Do what you need to do for your own platform, eco-system and fanbase. That's it. Let everyone else worry about themselves.

• haha
Reactions: Gods&Monsters