Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

24 Jun 2022
CMA and EC are not related.
Also, regulators don't get "embarrassed".

Really telling how this person, instead of going to play video games, went into another thread to cry about the acquisition after getting banned from the official thread.

And given which side they probably lean on the topic given what they've posted here, it takes being really special to get banned with that leaning in the official thread.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Imagine being so lame that you get off on MS having money.

Dude is power tripping with power that isn't even his.

Loads of these people seem to be doing that... they must have so little power and agency in their own lives that this escapism where they are somehow a part of Microsoft in their twisted minds is the release they need. A world where they are all powerful by aligning themselves with an immoral Big-tech corp.

It's fucking pathetic.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Im seeing xbox fans wanting MS to apply political pressure so the UK Changes its laws to defang the CMA. A company big enough to do that shouldnt just be blocked from getting bigger, but broken up.
Wouldn't a majority of parliament have to agree to that? lmao

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Wouldn't a majority of parliament have to agree to that? lmao
I would assume? Is this like in the US how the supreme court is an independent body and this would be the equivalent Britain trying to pressure US politician's and the president to switch the decision of a supreme court ruling?

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
So apparently CMA is now getting warnings from UK Gov about economic collapse if CMA does not let the deal go
That's NOT what is happening.
Speaking at the British Chambers of Commerce’s annual conference, he said: “When it comes to Microsoft, there was a merger between two American companies that the US regulator is seeking to block, and the UK regulator took the same view.

“I think one of the reasons that companies like Microsoft and Google want to invest in the UK is because we have independent regulators that are not controlled by politicians and therefore they can be confident there will be a level playing field.

“I would not want to undermine that at all, but I do think it’s important all our regulators understand their wider responsibilities for economic growth.

But for our tech sector, it isn’t just about being able to get through big deals, competition really matters.

The government is fully supporting the CMA.
The bots are ignoring the final line which destroys their hopes and dreams.
Source:

And, please, there will be no collapse because of this. MS won't do anything and won't stop investing in the UK because of this.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023

Source:

And, please, there will be no collapse because of this. MS won't do anything and won't stop investing in the UK because of this.
Yeah, I wouldn't worry too much about people taking quotes out of context to push their pro-deal narratives.

daniel5043

Veteran
19 Jan 2023
The denial is still strong in resettown.. they really think CMA gives a shit about another regulator? EU don’t own the UK lol. What makes it funnier is FTC is in line with CMA but they don’t want to think about that too much or they will need more copium.
Don't you know the FTC and the CMA are doing it for Personal politics

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022

Source:

I think its vague enough to mean whatever side wants it to mean but its definitely not the "warning shot" that xbox fans want it to be.

Edit: I typed in UK Parliament gives cma more power and one of the top headlines was "CMA must be reigned in" by Fosspatents 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
So apparently CMA is now getting warnings from UK Gov about economic collapse if CMA does not let the deal go
They aren't in the slightest. People please can we stop falling for misinformation being spread by the shills and then spread it here.

OP
OP
Satoru

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
They aren't in the slightest. People please can we stop falling for misinformation being spread by the shills and then spread it here.

Wait, you're telling me PeterOVO and Fossman Patents are shills?

Oh No Wow GIF by The Great British Bake Off

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I would assume? Is this like in the US how the supreme court is an independent body and this would be the equivalent Britain trying to pressure US politician's and the president to switch the decision of a supreme court ruling?
Eh, that's not a really good example. Supreme Court judges have their political interests and allegiances as well and the president can't just overturn a Supreme Court decision.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Eh, that's not a really good example. Supreme Court judges have their political interests and allegiances as well and the president can't just overturn a Supreme Court decision.
Yeah what i mean though is the president or congress cant force them to change a ruling though.