Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Doesn't matter where these studios are based on.
MS can't pullout of UK simply because the vast majority of companies, global or not, and this includes the government, use some version of Windows and their cloud storage, specially for users, are based on Office 365, along with MS Teams, which run on Azure.
It's simply impossible for MS to pull-out from the UK without severely damaging the company.
It would not be just games, but it would destroy the whole country industry and public services.
They can do it? Yes, will they do it?
No. Never.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Playground, Rare, is compulsion in the UK too? Theyd be shutting down like 3 or 4 projects which to be fair half of them probably wont come out anyways.
Compulsion is in Montreal but it's like they completely disappeared. I remember Contrast was a Day 1 launch on PS+ in 2013. It was like my first game on PS4.

Reactions: LED and Dick Jones

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
They would blame sony and then go to pcmr or nintendrone. Bunch of idiots.
Reminds me of the sega fanboys who still hold onto a grudge against Sony for Segas consoles buisness failing.

If Xbox does really fold the vast majority will probably come over to playstation. Casuals aren't building expensive rigs, and Nintendo still has a significant third party presence missing.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: FIREK2029 and LED

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
If Xbox does really fold the vast majority will probably come over to playstation.
triple-h-hhh.gif

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
The new talking point is the whole world approved the deal so the CMA and ftc have to cave to pressure. That resetera thread is a cess pool lol
That means nothing. CMA doesn’t have to abide by others regulators reasoning.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
You have to wonder how much of the xbox showcase got nuked because of the block lol.

Cause you know they were gonna give a segment to abk. Thumping their chest and saying "All old call of dutys on gamepass starting today", probably using crash bandicoot as some kind of poke at playstation.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
You have to wonder how much of the xbox showcase got nuked because of the block lol.

Cause you know they were gonna give a segment to abk. Thumping their chest and saying "All old call of dutys on gamepass starting today", probably using crash bandicoot as some kind of poke at playstation.
Recent CoD games had a marketing deal with Sony.

RE Village's marketing deal document was leaked and had a clause where they weren't able to include it in rival game subs for as I remember was 14-15 months after release, something that would be extended if Sony dediced to put it in their game sub instead.

If their marketing deal clauses are standard for their deals, pretty likely recent CoD games (plus the ones to be release in the next 2-3 years, that already had a deal signed with Sony) would need to wait over a year after release before being included in GP.

Reactions: FatKaz

gokuss4

28 Jan 2023

Yeah
I'm sure they we're ready to mock playstation by using crash
I mean even Aron was using that crash avatar lol

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023

I wouldn't doubt that they planned to do some kind of victory lap at their showcase. Now they have to pull out all the stops to convince people to give them another chance.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Cool hand luke