Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

24 Jun 2022
Comcast is an Internet provider and probably the biggest around North America. If they do, every gamer would win. No fear of losing some critical franchise. But as I pointed out, I doubt it. Comcast can’t afford something big like ABK. Maybe a merger but that’s it.

FWIW, Disney was able to afford Fox (sans Fox News). They took out a lot of loans to do it, though.

In general I wouldn't go by market caps to say a company can or can't afford to acquire another; they can always use other means besides or in addition to cash.

• brain
Reactions: Cool hand luke
D

Deleted member 417

Saudis? This thread has taken a turn into the realm of the mentally-hilarious.

Let MS buy ABK and EA and T2 and Ubisoft. They're all studios with great IP's that are either ignoring them or milking them to death with MTX, P2W, Lack of innovation or 'current year' trend chasing.

Let MS buy them all and crash the industry with no survivors. It's the only way to get the hobby back on track.

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
FxjjZYnX0AAdfau

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
The CMA is pretty much fighting for all of it's power, if they can't even block some gaming acquisition why would they be able to block anything else? MS would be pretty much taking a massive dump on the UK.

It's so weird how committed MS is to get this trough goes against all reason. This is clearly part of their plan to challenge the App Store and Play Store, it's the only thing that makes sense.

They seem to have no self awareness, I wish they had no involvement with games. What a disgraceful and cancerous company. They should be broke down into a million pieces.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Interesting that for one option they would have to convince Activision to leave the UK in order to close the deal. There's not a lot of indication as to how much Activision are willing to sacrifice in order to ram this through.

They also have the unsurprisingly scummy idea of closing anyway and just daring the cma to do something about it in court.

Reactions: Edmund

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Interesting that for one option they would have to convince Activision to leave the UK in order to close the deal. There's not a lot of indication as to how much Activision are willing to sacrifice in order to ram this through.

They also have the unsurprisingly scummy idea of closing anyway and just daring the cma to do something about it in court.
ABK is already getting cold feet. The deal is dead. ABK is not jeopardizing its operations because MS, this is a no-go.
It's looking more and more dead by the day.

Reactions: Johnic

Heisenberg007

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
This looks very fake and reads more like a pressure tactic to pressurize CMA and CAT into thinking "Well, MS is going to bypass us anyway and probably exit the UK market in favor of EU, so how about we approve it and save face?"

But this is all bullshit and fanboy fiction. Microsoft will never leave the UK.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
This looks very fake and reads more like a pressure tactic to pressurize CMA and CAT into thinking "Well, MS is going to bypass us anyway and probably exit the UK market in favor of EU, so how about we approve it and save face?"

But this is all bullshit and fanboy fiction. Microsoft will never leave the UK.
If this is to put pressure on CMA, it makes for a really bad look, tbh, and will push CAT to simply not accept the appeal.

Reactions: LED and Ezekiel

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Yeah defintley feels like another last desperate attempt at pressuring the CMA and CAT. Everything is slowly pointing towards abk getting nervous about the deal.

I serously wonder how this goes down with the CAT when the court case kicks off in July. This isn't a good look.

gokuss4

28 Jan 2023
Yeah defintley feels like another last despereate attempt at pressuring the CMA and CAT. Everything is slowly pointing towards abk getting nervous about the deal.

I serously wonder how this goes down with the CAT when the court case kicks off in July. This isn't a good look.
They need this deal to happen cuz if they failed
It will be hard for them or I should say impossible to acquire another publisher

Reactions: LED