Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Waded through Ree at my peril and some Xbox cheerleader was saying ABK/MS said they'd waive the deadline on the deal if they could get a trial in July? Is this accurate or more blatant lies from that camp?

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Waded through Ree at my peril and some Xbox cheerleader was saying ABK/MS said they'd waive the deadline on the deal if they could get a trial in July? Is this accurate or more blatant lies from that camp?
I don't know for sure about that since MS seemed unhappy that the start date wasn't sooner.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Why would ABK do that? Seems against their own interest, they seem to suspiciously lack confidence,

Arminius

19 May 2023
So is it more or less likely the MS ABK deal will pass and is there a source that states that ABK is having second thoughts?

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Why would ABK do that? Seems against their own interest, they seem to suspiciously lack confidence,
Yeah I'm not convinced. They say it was from the start of the hearing, and they're known to not understand or to misinterpret and downright lie.

It only makes sense if they're sure the deal will go through and Microsoft won't negotiate a better offer i.e. they don't want to take 3 bill now at the expense of 69 bil a few months down the track.

If they lack faith in the deal, pulling out on July 18th or waiving the deadline by a week or so as a show of good faith to Microsoft that secures them the 3bil is the course of action to take.

That's all about ABK's possible mindset. The reality is this deal has been blocked and is dead, and parties are going through the motions to hold up their end of the bargain. To meaningfully extend the deal, they would have to renegotiate and get approval from shareholders - not happening before the deadline, given there will be no indication as to the likelihood of the trial's success at that stage.

Beard and Pannick were fucked by the CMA's 3-day rent a lawyer and the CAT judge today.

Fenton

Veteran
22 Feb 2023
Yeah right...it's not a fair playing field if the poor $2 trillion MS is not allowed to buy all the big publishers.

Last edited:

PropellerEar

Veteran
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Yeah right...it's not a fair playing field if the poor $2 trillion MS is not allowed to buy all the big publishers.

Fair playing field in China?
Activision had to publish their games through NetEase to even get on to that market.
When the deal with NetEase went sour, Activision had to exit China.

Reactions: LED

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Gotta keep folks from mass selling off shares somehow 😅

I didn't watch the stream so can't confirm, but I was following updates from multiple folks live as it was happening, and never saw anyone even mention that.

But I've seen many reports of folks saying the ms lawyer was not happy with the date and complained multiple times about the deal being at risk many times. So find it a bit odd that the lawyer would be so desperate with his complaints, when they can easily just waive away the deadline.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Cool hand luke
OP
OP
Satoru

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
But I've seen many reports of folks saying the ms lawyer was not happy with the date and complained multiple times about the deal being at risk many times. So find it a bit odd that the lawyer would be so desperate with his complaints, when they can easily just waive away the deadline.

They were not. The moment the timeline was announced, they then started to throw arguments at the wall about the market and whatnot trying to get it done sooner due to timeline concerns and stuff.

Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Reading Red to my own detriment and their vision of the case is "all is going according to plan" with confidence and big smiles.

I'm assuming you meant to add another 'e' instead of a 'd' for Red....

That thread is full of astroturfers... two were banned and two new profiles appeared from nowhere to replace them spouting the same positions and talking points.

The overall tone is controlled by the corporate interests.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Reading Red to my own detriment and their vision of the case is "all is going according to plan" with confidence and big smiles.
They're still hoping that this will be the year that Playstation is effectively killed by Xbox, at least in terms of public perception and number of available games going forward. They like to pretend like they're above fanboyism, but in truth they're some of the worst fanboys.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
They're still hoping that this will be the year that Playstation is effectively killed by Xbox, at least in terms of public perception and number of available games going forward. They like to pretend like they're above fanboyism, but in truth they're some of the worst fanboys.
That is as likely as apple losing marketshare… 🤷🏻‍♂️
The bots are still having a hard time accepting PlayStation has reached iPhone levels of relevance.

Reactions: Arminius

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
That is as likely as apple losing marketshare… 🤷🏻‍♂️
The bots are still having a hard time accepting PlayStation has reached iPhone levels of relevance.
Back when I was on Resetera around the end of last gen, the general attitude coming from them was that they felt Playstation didn't deserve the success it was having. They felt like it should be Xbox games up on stage winning GOTY constantly. That anger and frustration never left that forum.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Back when I was on Resetera around the end of last gen, the general attitude coming from them was that they felt Playstation didn't deserve the success it was having. They felt like it should be Xbox games up on stage winning GOTY constantly. That anger and frustration never left that forum.
That’s the problem with American centered forums, it’s their opinion that counts. Outside of english speaking territories, as in everywhere else, PlayStation is more popular.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
That’s the problem with American centered forums, it’s their opinion that counts. Outside of english speaking territories, as in everywhere else, PlayStation is more popular.

They're too used to their over-representation in News and Media, dominating coverage and having the final say.....

Yet they find their words mean nothing in gaming or very very little.... all the Xbox podcasts, all the dedicated websites (funded in some way I'm sure by MSFT) and Twitter influence..... and still they lose share. Gamepass went nowhere, even giving it away.

The acquisitions seem like a disaster so far with exodus after exodus.

Yet they still feel Xbox / MSFT deserves to 'win' something.... so hilarious.

Every gamer, from every country deserves to have their say IMO and when you have senators being mobilized to attack other countries consumer choices... it really just disgusts me.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
They're too used to their over-representation in News and Media, dominating coverage and having the final say.....

Yet they find their words mean nothing in gaming or very very little.... all the Xbox podcasts, all the dedicated websites (funded in some way I'm sure by MSFT) and Twitter influence..... and still they lose share. Gamepass went nowhere, even giving it away.

The acquisitions seem like a disaster so far with exodus after exodus.

Yet they still feel Xbox / MSFT deserves to 'win' something.... so hilarious.

Every gamer, from every country deserves to have their say IMO and when you have senators being mobilized to attack other countries consumer choices... it really just disgusts me.
What's even wilder is that after the PS showcase, despite the negative reaction to it, some of them were upset because they felt like the media didn't shit on them as hard as they would have liked them to.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
What's even wilder is that after the PS showcase, despite the negative reaction to it, some of them were upset because they felt like the media didn't shit on them as hard as they would have liked them to.
Nobody shitted on them because of the showcase aside from some overly dramatic people on forums and xbots on twitter, because nobody actually cares...
The negativity barely lasted 2 days, tbh.