Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

D

Deleted member 417

If MS leave the UK it will backfire onS and will be the first domino that topples their monopoly.

The UK will have to find an alternative to all the government PC that run windows.

Imagine a real competitor to windows, tested and used by a large economy and top 10 tech consuming nation.

How many would move away from Microsoft or even have an alternative to windows on the back burner?

Bye bye Microsoft monopoly on PC. Bye bye Microsoft.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I dont recall facebook and Nvidia do all these desperate moves. When their attempts got blocked. This is like when you are in the last stages of the boss fights. And it's starts throwing all these random moves. This is it.

Talking to politicians , issue threats , talking about acquiring the company by outside means without regulatory authorization. Random 10 year deals, agreeing with random country's on approval.

How many times do you need to politicians are you gonna try and pay off. CMA is independent son. Polticitioms can't save you. Meanwhile FTC is watching this youtube style seeing every attack pattern.
Microsoft has never been a skill based player. They are button mashers, and when their button mashing doesn't work they give up immediately and cry about it. That's why they have all these failed projects like zune and mixer and xbox.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
I dont recall facebook and Nvidia do all these desperate moves. When their attempts got blocked. This is like when you are in the last stages of the boss fights. And it's starts throwing all these random moves. This is it.

Talking to politicians , issue threats , talking about acquiring the company by outside means without regulatory authorization. Random 10 year deals, agreeing with random country's on approval.

How many times do you need to politicians are you gonna try and pay off. CMA is independent son. Polticitioms can't save you. Meanwhile FTC is watching this youtube style seeing every attack pattern.
This is their final hail Mary to save their money sink Game Pass. Phil will be sacked if it fails too.

Personally I want it to fail just so I can see the industry fallout and how Activision and Microsoft's relationship will evolve and also How Playstation and Activision will evolve.

I just hope the CMA holds firm. And I hope the FTC is paying attention to everything. They can easily dismantle this if they are competent.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
If MS leave the UK it will backfire onS and will be the first domino that topples their monopoly.

The UK will have to find an alternative to all the government PC that run windows.

Imagine a real competitor to windows, tested and used by a large economy and top 10 tech consuming nation.

How many would move away from Microsoft or even have an alternative to windows on the back burner?

Bye bye Microsoft monopoly on PC. Bye bye Microsoft.
They are counting on the UK falling for their bluff, no?

Reactions: Deleted member 417

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
I can't believe MS is going completely off the rails over video games.
But it's just not video games? It's them wanting to dominate the biggest entertainment industry and dictate the rules. If they lose Activision they will never achieve this. And then they won't be able to sustain Game Pass as a money pit forever, without that Xbox is pretty much dead, without this they can't push cloud gaming. Amazon is now getting into publishing games. Apple and Sony are getting closer, they are scared. Investors are also watching carefully after being sold this grand idea.

I need to see it all come crashing down.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
But it's just not video games? It's them wanting to dominate the biggest entertainment industry and dictate the rules. If they lose Activision they will never achieve this. And then they won't be able to sustain Game Pass as a money pit forever, without that Xbox is pretty much dead, without this they can't push cloud gaming. Amazon is now getting into publishing games. Apple and Sony are getting closer, they are scared. Investors are also watching carefully after being sold this grand idea.

They already lost Activision. They're just in denial.

Reactions: Arminius

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023

They'll never achieve it with or without ABK. At most they'll disrupt the market and invite big player to play the same consolidation game. So far they failed even to disrupt anything.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
They'll never achieve it with or without ABK. At most they'll disrupt the market and invite big player to play the same consolidation game. So far they failed even to disrupt anything.
I agree. Entertainment isn't the same industry as productivity. You can't succeed in it by half-assing it like microsoft does in the rest of its business.

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
Nah but they're a trillion dollar company man and this is a record breaking merger. The biggest gaming merger of ALL TIME! That's gotta be above the law, right?
sylvester stallone cobra GIF by Warner Archive

Judge Dredd GIF

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
That’s what gets me about people not understanding Phil’s bit about Starfield not being good enough to make people get rid of their PS5s.

Microsoft doesn’t want Xbox to be one of your consoles, they want it to be your ONLY console. MS wants to monopolize every market they enter, and anything else is seen as a failure by their management and board.

Agreed. That statement made it abundantly clear why there's been an issue with consistent game releases with XBox. It's apparent that's not what their focus is. Killing the competition is what truly matters. As a person who values consumer choice, I find their methodology and outlook quite repugnant.