Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I honestly think that's a bluff. No company in their right mind, especially Microsoft, would close without approval in the UK or EU. US is a little different.
So you think this latest battle with the FTC is just them trying to get some kind of win in order to convince ABK to stick with them past the deadline?

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
So you think this latest battle with the FTC is just them trying to get some kind of win in order to convince ABK to stick with them past the deadline?

I think it’s more to do with ABK wanting more money should they go past close date.

OP
OP
Darth Vader

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022

I'm honestly not sure. Who knows what those dickheads are thinking at this stage. Maybe I'm wrong and they do close the deal without the CMA and FTC approval.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
I'm surprised people are still keeping up with this. The deal died once the cma blocked it, these are just death struggles by microsoft. Xbox influencers are just using the updates as content to get views from desperate xbots.

P

peter42O

I think most of us are... we all have games now to look forward to, everyone should be happy and get back to focusing on actual gaming IMO.

True. I have completed 6 games this year. Currently playing Redfall and need to get back to Hi Fi Rush. Next week is FF XVI followed by Remnant 2, Atlas Fallen, Starfield, Assassin's Creed Mirage, Alan Wake 2, Marvel's Spider Man 2, Like a Dragon Gaiden and Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora. I'm still waiting on 2023 release dates for Flintlock: The Siege of Dawn and Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden. And this doesn't include Diablo IV, Cyberpunk 2077 base game/Phantom Liberty expansion and a few other expansions in my backlog. So yeah, I have plenty of games to play. lol

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
So what all does the FTC have to prove in order to have the injunction granted? Just that there's enough of a potential threat to competition from this merger that it should be blocked until they can finish their administrative process?

OP
OP
Darth Vader

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
So what all does the FTC have to prove in order to have the injunction granted? Just that there's enough of a potential threat to competition from this merger that it should be blocked until they can finish their administrative process?

That's a very good question which I'm not sure we can answer fully. There's a lot they will have to "prove" to have this injunction granted, including that there's competition / market risk.

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
Well they have the CMA and their reasons for blocking the deal. They have all the information they need to prove MS shouldn’t be buying anything.

They were communicating with each other.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

reziel

Banned
12 Jun 2023
Well they have the CMA and their reasons for blocking the deal. They have all the information they need to prove MS shouldn’t be buying anything.

They were communicating with each other.
Couldn't MS use the communication against the FTC case? Wasn't there an article not to long ago or tweet saying that they were still communicating outside of the legal time they were supposedly allowed?

• haha
Reactions: KiryuRealty

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Couldn't MS use the communication against the FTC case? Wasn't there an article not to long ago or tweet saying that they were still communicating outside of the legal time they were supposedly allowed?
I'm personally not convinced that any of the "improper communication" arguments carry weight. Regulators communicate all the time and I doubt that they would jeopardize their own cases by doing anything improper.

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022

I don’t know about any illegal communication. Those were just rumors and assumptions I believe. It’s normal for regulators to share information on their processes of approving or blocking a deal.

MS is just looking for any excuse to make the CMA and FTC decisions look illegitimate.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Microsoft's current cloud market talking point is that it's just an experiment.

View attachment 1619
It's hilarious how the think they can define the market.

We have FTC, CMA, EC and the korean regulator all agreeing it is a market.

I think the realisation is coming how difficult it's going to be to prove that the CMA was irrational on their market definition when other regulators are agreeing on it.

Reactions: KickNamesTakeAss