Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
I don't believe Kotick.

He could release multiple GaaS, each with subscriptions required to play ala OG World of Warcraft. Release the game free, charge a fee for subscriptions and then sell MTX on top. Maximum pay day.
I believe him. CoD sells like hotcakes. It doesn’t need a subscription service.

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
Oh man, he is the type of person that could really fuck up... I really hope.
I would be surprised if they get much out of him, he dont think about xbox. He is either gonna go in their with a MS big brain or an Xbox big brain. If he goes in with the MS approach he will likely scare the judge.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75
D

Deleted member 417

I believe him. CoD sells like hotcakes. It doesn’t need a subscription service.
Need? no. But if it came with one, how many people would stop playing? Even at £5 a month people would belly ache and cry and then sign up anyway.

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022

That's how Bobby gonna look at Satya when he give him the 3 billi check and walks away.
chanel west coast page GIF

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Need? no. But if it came with one, how many people would stop playing? Even at £5 a month people would belly ache and cry and then sign up anyway.
but why destroy billions worth of sale and bet all on subs?

you speak like Phil with infinite money. no, what m$ is doing is not sustainable. they losing billions.

one move like that, can send Activision years back.. no one would risk with model which works wonders for them.

Reactions: PS_ROCKS

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
They are done with kotick.

Didn't ask the question of closing over the CMA. If they don't ask satya, all i have to say is lol.

Reactions: Gediminas

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Lol they are delusional.
They think MS still has a chance to get Square Enix.

The only company who will buy them is Sony. Mark my words.

One eyed jacks

10 Feb 2023
Should we make a thread listing the biggest shills and anti-playstation voices online?

Attributing quotes and actions to each notable shill...
It would be a challenge to find somebody that hasn't been paid off to shill for the tiny trillon-dollar company trying to monopolise another industry into the ground

getting-out-of-hand.gif

Last edited:

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
So alot of outlets have been reporting MS/ABK closing the merger over the CMA and FTC.

The FTC were cross examining kotick right now, and i though it would have made sense to ask kotick if they had any plans on closing over the regulators.

If he answers yes, then they are admitting in showing contempt for the regulators especially the CMA.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
MS economist arguing that the switch is a direct competitor with PS5 and Xbox. FTC likely should have stuck with defining the cloud as a separate market.