Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
You know what bro, i m ngl, FF16 should be on xbox, hate to say it, but the last FF was on Xbox you might as well just let them have the rest.
Sony partially funded the development of ff16. They were deeply involved in the development of the game.

Reactions: Ezekiel

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Yeah, the tone changed with Cloud, but the thing that stood out is that she wanted to know how the 10-year deals didn't help the competition. She was also aware it was a last minute decision to get the deal passed.
Is she allowed to make her own research about the cloud market before making her decision or she has to use whatever was said by the FTC lawyer in the courtroom?

She seemed really clueless about the industry and all the repercussions of this deal.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
I feel vindicated, fr. I got banned on era and GAF multiple times for simply stating facts about MS: that they’re monopolistic, that they buy their way into the top, that they’re incompetent. And guess what? All true. Freaking clowns. Now GAF is panicking over MS, after realizing the truth.

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Kinda wild that one judge with no expertise in the tech industry, videogame industry or economics is going to be the sole decider for the preliminary injunction of a 69 billion dollars acquisition.

She had 4-5 days of hearings, evidence and lawyers bullshitting arguments left and right to make her decision.

UK system seems much more robust for consumer protection, with them having actual experts go through all the evidence for many months.

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
I feel vindicated, fr. I got banned on era and GAF multiple times for simply stating facts about MS: that they’re monopolistic, that they buy their way into the top, that they’re incompetent. And guess what? All true. Freaking clowns. Now GAF is panicking over MS, after realizing the truth.
Sorry for what happened there

Youre proven right alll along

They did u dirty

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I think the judge also said if MS and ABK merged now, given that they wouldn't be heavily mixed together, it would be easy to forcibly undo the merger if something bad came up from a later investigation.

DForce

24 Jun 2022
Is she allowed to make her own research about the cloud market before making her decision or she has to use whatever was said by the FTC lawyer in the courtroom?

She seemed really clueless about the industry and all the repercussions of this deal.
I'm not sure, but I would think she would at least consider the CMA's findings.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

DForce

24 Jun 2022
The CMA blocked based on that and Sony still got blamed.
Yeah, the fans on Twitter are going to blame Sony regardless.

It would be a funny sight to see if she grants the PI and watch all the fans turn on her after praising her.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

PlacidusaX

Veteran
24 Oct 2022
You know what bro, i m ngl, FF16 should be on xbox, hate to say it, but the last FF was on Xbox you might as well just let them have the rest.
No it shouldn't.
Also it's not on Xbox because SE chose not to put it on Xbox.

It's never been money hatting cause if it was MS would win.

PlacidusaX

Veteran
24 Oct 2022
Era is a cesspool of weirdos.
Gaf got some shit with it but..I like and been apart of the struggle with you over there.

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA
Kinda wild that one judge with no expertise in the tech industry, videogame industry or economics is going to be the sole decider for the preliminary injunction of a 69 billion dollars acquisition.

She had 4-5 days of hearings, evidence and lawyers bullshitting arguments left and right to make her decision.

UK system seems much more robust for consumer protection, with them having actual experts go through all the evidence for many months.
Part of me thinks it would be better to have specialized judges for some of this a la specialized lawyers. Like if a judge is going to be hearing certain kinds of cases, they need to at least be SOMEWHAT-versed in the topic. Way too many people who know absolutely nothing about a topic making rulings on it.

But then that almost seems like it would be easier to have activists try to get specific judicial appointments, as well as mark an easier target for lobbyists too, so Idk.