Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

reziel

Veteran
12 Jun 2023
I swear should Sony announce they acquiring Square Enix, he will has the biggest mental meltdown ever witnessed.

People need to just ignore posts and sites like this. The Japanese are normally happy when their games sell 1,000,000 copies. So what it sold less then FFXV. People tend to forget the previous installments sold less and the devs were still happy with what they got.

Reactions: Papacheeks

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
People need to just ignore posts and sites like this. The Japanese are normally happy when their games sell 1,000,000 copies. So what it sold less then FFXV. People tend to forget the previous installments sold less and the devs were still happy with what they got.
Launching a game in the summer is gonna have an impact on sales some what. FF16 gonna be an evergreen. This time next year its gonna be over 15 million.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
So the decision has to be today correct? I saw if she waits until Monday the deal is effectively dead already because of the 5 day delay from the decision. I guess she could do it over the weekend, do things like that usually get released on a weekend though?

Acquiescence

2 Oct 2022
I had to post this here, because I couldn't believe how tone-deaf and deluded it is.

image0.png

No wonder the moderation has hit rock bottom if this is the sentiment shared among the crew.

reziel

Veteran
12 Jun 2023
So the decision has to be today correct? I saw if she waits until Monday the deal is effectively dead already because of the 5 day delay from the decision. I guess she could do it over the weekend, do things like that usually get released on a weekend though?
Who said the deal is dead if she waits? The 18th of July is the deadline we still have close to 2 weeks.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Who said the deal is dead if she waits? The 18th of July is the deadline we still have close to 2 weeks.
My understanding of it is due to the injunction, regardless of what the judge rules, there has to be a 5 day waiting period. 4 days of that would be this weekend and next weekend which are not business days. So if the judge waits until Monday, MS cannot do anything for the next week. Add all those days up and it brings you to the 18th exactly.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
My understanding of it is due to the injunction, regardless of what the judge rules, there has to be a 5 day waiting period. 4 days of that would be this weekend and next weekend which are not business days. So if the judge waits until Monday, MS cannot do anything for the next week. Add all those days up and it brings you to the 18th exactly.

If MS get a favourable decision and they find out before the expiry date those extra days waiting are irrelevant really, they will probably push abk do grant them an extension, assuming abk still want to fight it out with the CMA.

Even with an FTC appeal extending things, i can see them pushing abk for an extension. They seem to just want some favourable outcome to drag this further.

Last edited: