Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
according to resetera, if there is no decision within the next 4.5 hours ,they cannot close without renegotiating
This is why the CMA block has been important. MS can’t close at all unless they want to flout the law.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Nothing has been indicated saying that ABK or MS won't re-negotiate so I wouldn't declare victory just on the deadline alone.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
How many times we have to keep going through this? This deal is not happening without the CMA whichever way it may go.

Relaxedsun

27 May 2023
It's pretty clear this deal isn't happening. It's all over the wall. I was watching the Exoprimal showcase yedsterday on Youtube. The Xbots got in chat saying "Come to Xbox for Game Pass. This, the New CoD, future Diablos are coming Day 1. No more paying for $70 dollar games." I swear it was a a union of Xbots lol.

• haha
Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
I keep going back to Bobby Koticks's testimony. Colin M. said it sounded like he regretted selling the company and he threw gamepass under the bus. During his testimony he praised sony as a company and idk if he said anything positive about Microsoft. I wonder if ABK is getting cold feet about selling now that the company has mostly recovered and dont actually want an extension? Im surprised we havent heard anything about ABK wanting an extension yet.

reziel

Banned
12 Jun 2023
I keep going back to Bobby Koticks's testimony. Colin M. said it sounded like he regretted selling the company and he threw gamepass under the bus. During his testimony he praised sony as a company and idk if he said anything positive about Microsoft. I wonder if ABK is getting cold feet about selling now that the company has mostly recovered and dont actually want an extension? Im surprised we havent heard anything about ABK wanting an extension yet.
That's what I felt was odd after the CMA block. Bobby made one reply about it that they were making a mistake but theres been nothing since. Yet the only vocal one who you can easily tell wants this through is MS. ABK has said absolutely nothing other then when they were required to in example the FTC hearing.