Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
If sony were to buy say capcom or square would it have to go through the same insane regulatory process as the abk deal has? Or is it because that one is so big?

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
And this is why huge conglomerates and billionaires should not be allowed to exist. They effectively have the power to pull strings and influence millions of lives for their own benefit. Fuck that.
And the same people on that website that accuse the FTC and CMA of being biased will be perfectly fine with this. Seems like everything they say is just projection.

Reactions: kuzon and PS_ROCKS
OP
OP
Darth Vader

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
And the same people on that website that accuse the FTC and CMA of being biased will be perfectly fine with this. Seems like everything they say is just projection.

That's because it is, it's one of the oldest political propaganda tactics ever: Call her a slut before she calls you a slut.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
My guess is she's there to give a rubber stamp to future MS acquisitions in the EU and prevent Sony from being able to make any large acquisitions in retaliation.
If the ABK acquisition goes through, they can't prevent Sony from acquiring anything. That includes all other major corporations. If you allow one of the biggest corporations in the world to buy one of the biggest ones in gaming, anything goes.

Sony's lawyers should have no problems shutting shitty arguments down.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
If the ABK acquisition goes through, they can't prevent Sony from acquiring anything. That includes all other major corporations. If you allow one of the biggest corporations in the world to buy one of the biggest ones in gaming, anything goes.

Heck even when abk fails, EU would have proven they will accept any lofty remedy for an SLC. Sony could take them to court if they did block and beat them over the head with their own lofty deals they accept for others.

Although i can't see sony going for the big dogs like take two, as the CMA will probably see that as an issue.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022

you assume that blocking involves truth, fairness or logic from that point on.

OP
OP
Darth Vader

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
clueless movie GIF

OP
OP
Darth Vader

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
Can't say i'm suprised. FTC should never have filed for this injunction.

The injunction was inconsequential. And they can now file for an appeal, which will take a little longer to get this sorted. They nailed the timing pretty much.