Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
It's surprising it took this long going by her attitude during the hearings and the conflict of interest.

MS and corruption, nothing new here.

The age of consolidations and acquisitions is well underway and Sony and even Nintendo are screwed if they don't start playing the same game.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly
OP
OP
Darth Vader

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Nah. Unlikely, even Idas admits it on Era. The deal remains dead unless they can revert CMA’s decision, which they won’t.

The only way they can reverse the decision is if they sign an extension and the CMA changes their decision post 18th of July. They have 7 days to have a shareholder meeting to get that signed, per my understanding of the SEC filling. If they don't, deal is dead.

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
This is over... Wish Playstation all the best.

It’s a done deal. Microsoft will find a way to close the deal using brute force. Move on.

Now is the time Sony gets its finger out of its ass and acquires a publisher or two.

This is a matter of survival now for Sony.

Gone are the days they could rely on TVs, Walkmans and whatnot.

Playstation is their biggest moneymaker.

Please shut up. Like seriously.

This is in no way over. Nobody else’s fault but yours if you don’t know how merger laws work.

reziel

Banned
12 Jun 2023
Deal is still dead, and I don't think anybody expected the FTC to be successful.
I was hopeful the judge would've seen reason in this but the FTC screwed themselves once they let her rule the case. There wasn't even a need for the case she already made her decision before it started. I mean she denied the Gamers case for the exact same reason.

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
i love how the same idiots on era who were into the FTC doesnt matters are now cheering this like its all done,there is still the cma and i want to see how microsoft its gonna close this without uk

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
With the influence they have, I wouldn't be so sure. When you have a company openly admitting to wanting to monopolize an industry and a "judge" goes meh, anything goes.

That’s the good thing about the U.K. being an independent body. Bribes, threats, and influences don’t work. All decisions are based on the people working in the regulatory system. No outside bullshit like Judges and politicians.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
With the influence they have, I wouldn't be so sure. When you have a company openly admitting to wanting to monopolize an industry and a "judge" goes meh, anything goes.
I’m pretty sure they can’t do a thing to revert CMA’s decision.
We knew this. Since the beginning, CMA was, and still is, the biggest hurdle. And they’ve already doubled down on their stance.
They ain’t lifting a finger to revert their decision, regardless of CAT’s ruling.

The deal is dead.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Honestly even if Microsoft manages it to get Activision Blizzard at the end, this will force Sony to do something. If this really goes through then Sony will buy themselves a publisher or more. Square Enix is a safe bet now and Capcom or Konami could be also on the table.

• fire
Reactions: Muddasar

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
I do think sony should be having conversations with Japanese banks and or the Japanese government to have like an open line of credit, like 100 billion dollars worth should they need it. Sony's had 18 months to prepare for reprisals so surely they have a deal or 2 in place should this deal go through. Theyve laid low for most of the time but i wonder if the deal closes they come out swinging or continue to lay low for some time?

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Not sure why people are so negative.

Court case still in August.
CMA still blocking the deal.

In Other words, deal is dead.
Im going off of the reaction to the market. ABK's stock is up, sonys is down. The market thinks this deal has a chance. That doesnt mean its 100 percent, but i think sony should be preparing that it will be.

OP
OP
Darth Vader

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Honestly even if Microsoft manages it to get Activision Blizzard at the end, this will force Sony to do something. If this really goes through then Sony will buy themselves a publisher or more. Square Enix is a safe bet now and Capcom or Konami could be also on the table.

Zero Sum game for consumers.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Im going off of the reaction to the market. ABK's stock is up, sonys is down. The market thinks this deal has a chance. That doesnt mean its 100 percent, but i think sony should be preparing that it will be.
Sony has been preparing for it for a while now, I think.

But it’ll stay blocked by the CMA.

Microsoft should also prepare for this.

• haha
Reactions: Zzero

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Same thing happened when the CMA removed the console SLC. Doesn't mean much for the long term of the deal, it's a temporary reaction.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Won’t be surprised if Sony announce an acquisition soon.

They’ve been awfully quiet and it’s time they showed their cards.

This is all about Cloud now. No regular body gives a damn about Sony.