Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

Sleepy Brown

Banned
5 Jul 2022
It's huge yes, but so what? What I'm trying to say is that Sony needs to let go of its gigantism.
They won't because they need the revenue and profits. Because, once again, COD is huge.
It's one of the biggest multiplayer games. Telling all COD or Minecraft players "Just go to Xbox/PC. We won't allow these games on PS anymore because MS bought the IP" is stupid and Sony's investors would riot.
Microsoft would be happy though.

• haha
Reactions: Thunderstorm__

CloudStrife

9 Jul 2022
Time for Sony to invest in and build up another shooter. Looks like XDefiant might have some potential.
That plus acquire some pubs of their own.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

Thunderstorm__

31 May 2023
They won't because they need the revenue and profits. Because, once again, COD is huge.
It's one of the biggest multiplayer games. Telling all COD or Minecraft players "Just go to Xbox/PC. We won't allow these games on PS anymore because MS bought the IP" is stupid and Sony's investors would riot.
Microsoft would be happy though.
They need to find new ways to earn revenue troll, not feeding the money to the rival, how ignorant can you be? "COD is huge COD is huge COD is huge", keep repeating those lines like a shill you are huh? So what you are trying to say is that Sony should just eat what its rival is ditacting it to eat, not having to worry about the possibility of COD being foreclosed in the future? If that is what you are suggesting then I must say it is even stupidier to even do that instead of actively finding a COD substitute that Sony can have more control over.

• fire
Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Time for Sony to invest in and build up another shooter. Looks like XDefiant might have some potential.
That plus acquire some pubs of their own.

Absolutely, lock ABK off the platform...go to Ubisoft with a bag or just buy them and make it the big new shooter.

People will spend their money on xDefiant instead of COD. If they do it now, they will save themselves from losses in the future.

• fire
Reactions: Muddasar

reziel

Veteran
12 Jun 2023
Should've figure if FTC failed the CMA was going to backtrack. I was actually hoping they had backbones but I was wrong. Now the question is Sony going to attempt to try and see if they can still get the 10 year deal from them after what they did.

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA
Absolutely, lock ABK off the platform...go to Ubisoft with a bag or just buy them and make it the big new shooter.

People will spend their money on xDefiant instead of COD. If they do it now, they will save themselves from losses in the future.
"Cut off one of your biggest revenue streams AND dump a truckload of money on a publisher that has a lot of ill will around them" sure is a strategy that would get Jim fired VERY quickly.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
If it's a small divestiture my guess is it's ABK selling off the publishing rights to CoD or ABK games only in the UK