Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022
GIF by CBC

DForce

24 Jun 2022

Looks like it might not close tomorrow.

The deal is likely done, but I was thinking about a few things.

It's possible (though very unlikely) that the CMA helped push for the adjournment because they wanted to at least give Microsoft another chance to review their new offer and were likely required to consider it.

They told the judge that both sides believe they could come to an agreement because they had to convince the judge the changes were substantial enough to reconsider. They probably would have not been granted a (conditional) adjournment if they indicated that the changes were minor.

That being said, I think this deal will go through because a lot of things don't seem right and MIcrosof has them by the neck. lol

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022

It's possible (though very unlikely) that the CMA helped push for the adjournment because they wanted to at least give Microsoft another chance to review their new offer and were likely required to consider it.

They told the judge that both sides believe they could come to an agreement because they had to convince the judge the changes were substantial enough to reconsider. They probably would have not been granted a (conditional) adjournment if they indicated that the changes were minor.

That being said, I think this deal will go through because a lot of things don't seem right and MIcrosof has them by the neck. lol

If they don't close it then the FTC should go back to the judges from last week and tell them there was no "harm" because MS had an extension already. It was all fake.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
This is proof that everyone can be gaming journalists, even retard or down patients
I've seen those same bad faith arguments on resetera trying to equate Haven and Firewalk with ABK like it even remotely justifies what MS are doing or that those purchases deserve even remotely the same level of scrutiny. I wish someone would actually call people like him out on these podcasts they like to go on, but I know that will never happen.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I've seen those same bad faith arguments on resetera trying to equate Haven and Firewalk with ABK like it even remotely justifies what MS are doing or that those purchases deserve even remotely the same level of scrutiny. I wish someone would actually call people like him out on these podcasts they like to go on, but I know that will never happen.
Haven and Firewalk should hardly qualify as an acquisition since Sony helped set up those studios in the first place.

The only Sony acquisition that would've actually had a negative impact on MS would've been Bungie but Sony promised to make their games multiplataform and followed trough (without having to sign any 10 year deals btw).

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Because it’s frustrating and this false narratives spreading rapidly over the internet. This actually what shapes biased agendas against Sony.
Being angry about it here doesn't change that. The only way to do that is to have big influencers that aren't bought pay attention to what's actually happening.

Reactions: nongkris

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I had to google Lasengle. I don't even know what the fuck was that. They want to compare this to Call Of Duty or Diablo 🤦

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022

What the hell is going on.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
I'm sure every time y'all hate quote these tweets these losers gets paid. that's why I put some of you on ignore
Seorusly me and a few others have complained about this on multiple occasions.

I don't understand what some of you are seeking to achieve here?

Do you enjoy getting people riled up?

Guys please stop posting this shit. The forum would be a better and more calmer place without these types of tweets.

Last edited: