Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

reziel

Banned
12 Jun 2023
Just imagine the meltdowns that would happen if Bobby actually walked away from this deal. All this money thrown at wall for nothing. Sadly seems highly unlikely.

BlueLyria

29 Apr 2023
Welp frens, guess it's gonna be a done deal soon, not really a fan of it but eh, can't really do anything.

I just hope that if CoD does indeed go to gamepass, pc crossplay becomes opt in by default and separate of console crossplay.
Warzone is a good thing to showcase this, on standard multiplayer I've mostly met blatant aimbotters (Literal spinning around and head locking) on free weekends, not that many outside of it, but they're still there, on WZ1 it was a common occurence to get domed by aimbotting dudes. Lowering the entry fee to basically nothing means opening the pandora box that is low entry cost pc gaming.

Not that it matters that much for me, I've written off Sledgehammer's entries in cod after vanguard and IW's with how mismanaged MW2 is.

I just hope MS does the smart thing and mandates a separate PC/Console crossplay in future entries.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Welp frens, guess it's gonna be a done deal soon, not really a fan of it but eh, can't really do anything.

I just hope that if CoD does indeed go to gamepass, pc crossplay becomes opt in by default and separate of console crossplay.
Warzone is a good thing to showcase this, on standard multiplayer I've mostly met blatant aimbotters (Literal spinning around and head locking) on free weekends, not that many outside of it, but they're still there, on WZ1 it was a common occurence to get domed by aimbotting dudes. Lowering the entry fee to basically nothing means opening the pandora box that is low entry cost pc gaming.

Not that it matters that much for me, I've written off Sledgehammer's entries in cod after vanguard and IW's with how mismanaged MW2 is.

I just hope MS does the smart thing and mandates a separate PC/Console crossplay in future entries.
Your mistake is playing CoD.

BlueLyria

29 Apr 2023
Your mistake is playing CoD.
There's no other PvP multiplayer game that competes directly with cod in the same style, and I think everyone knows it.

BF2042 Is better now compared to it's release, but it's still worse than BF1, so I'd rather play that. Xdefiant is a close one, but it still has a bit of hero shooter DNA in it. So what do we have to play as that fast paced 6v6 small map shooter?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
There's no other PvP multiplayer game that competes directly with cod in the same style, and I think everyone knows it.

BF2042 Is better now compared to it's release, but it's still worse than BF1, so I'd rather play that. Xdefiant is a close one, but it still has a bit of hero shooter DNA in it. So what do we have to play as that fast paced 6v6 small map shooter?
Old reliable Counter-Strike.

Reactions: Arminius

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
It is sad that people unironnically spend that much money COD comestics and probably shitty mobile gambling games like Genshit, Blue Archive, Fate Grand and Aezuru Lens.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
What if Bobby has been shopping around for a better price ? Let me be clear, I have accepted Microsoft will own abk, but man imagine if say google or Apple offered a 100 billion.

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
What if Bobby has been shopping around for a better price ? Let me be clear, I have accepted Microsoft will own abk, but man imagine if say google or Apple offered a 100 billion.
Apple have never made such a big buy out before, doubt they will now. Amzon and Goolge are the only ones imo

Reactions: Bryank75

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
MS is the only one dumb enough to pursue such an endeavor.
It’s a very high risk buyout not only because of pricing but the M&A process will be so absurdly complex I can’t even fathom how the consulting firm they’ll hire (likely Accenture, but it can be Deloitte or others) will tackle this. It’s a monumental task.
There’s too much IP involved, lots and lots of redundancy of systems and people will appear and then you’ll have to manage the difference in culture, integrate culture. They’re fucked.

Reactions: Shmunter

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
So it’s not actually done…
They were not expecting the judge to see through their facade. MS was not even negotiating an extension until now because they had a backdoor deal. CMA was caught red-handed and their plan fell apart.

If there's no pushback from the UK media or whatever tomorrow, I expect the CMA to rush to give the judge what he's asking for before 5pm tomorrow so MS can still close. That's the date they wanted.

PlacidusaX

Veteran
24 Oct 2022

No crossplay with PC option?
Do you play ms made multiplayer games?
Cause if you did you would know they force crossplay with PC....

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

BlueLyria

29 Apr 2023
No crossplay with PC option?
Do you play ms made multiplayer games?
Cause if you did you would know they force crossplay with PC....
Yeah, I did play Halo infinite, I'm just wishing because unlike Halo Infinite, CoD actually has a playerbase, and it has been asking for separate crossplay for a while now

24 Jun 2022
The mods didn't take kindly to the forum being called out for hypocrisy in cheerleading for the deal.

Dang they banned Angie? AFAIK they don't even say anything controversial, they usually just post rumors and leaks (and not even just for PlayStation-related stuff). Are the mods and admin over there so sensitive they can't take being reminded of how disingenuous and fake they are capping for & enabling cap for a $2.57 trillion mega-conglomerate to just buy their way to market dominance using money and merit that's in no way attributable to Xbox itself?

I mean that is literally the truth of what Microsoft is doing here. They're trying to buy their way to the top. The funny part are the mods & admin who support it with no questions, they're rewarding one of the largest companies (in the world) leveraging nothing but their money and valuation in a hyper-capitalist market.